22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow your international advisor is a moron. Don't write them a letter. If you don't want to go to school anymore you are not required to. As soon as you hand in your forms to adjust you don't have to maintain student visa status if you don't wish to. Don't lie for them.

Tell your advisor to go into their computer and their is a section to "cancel student visa" they go in there and then it will have a drop down menu asking for the reason why. There is a adjustment of status option to click. Once they do that they have done all they need to on their end.

06/26/2013 - DOMA struck down
07/12/2013 - Got married!!

09/12/2013 (Day 0) - Sent AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
09/13/2013 )Day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
09/17/2013 (Day 5) - Received USCIS Acceptance texts and emails
09/18/2013 (Day 6) - checks cashed
09/21/2013 (Day 9) - NOA hardcopies received
09/25/2013 (Day 13) - Biometrics Letter arrived. Scheduled for Oct 11
10/11/2013 (Day 29) - Biometrics Appointment completed
10/17/2013 (Day 35) - Text and email received, status changed to "testing and interview"
10/24/2013 (Day 42) - text and email received, "we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 26, 2013"
10/25/2013 (Day 43) - Hard copy interview notice received. Interview November 26 @ 10:30am
11/12/2013 (Day 61) - Text and Email received, EAD card/document production
11/21/2013 (Day 70) - EAD received in mail
11/26/2013 (Day 75) - interview 10:30 am. Received card production texts at 3pm!!

11/30/2013 (Day 79) - Approval letters received

Well, let's just say that my family is mormon and I thought it'd be convenient. It seems like they are getting mad at me for leaving the college, almost as if they're losing a member of their church. This whole experience made me become an atheist though. That's how sneaky and lame mormons are.

Thank you for all your responses, I feel a lot better now!

Ahh, an Italian mormon. Interesting :)

I met a Russian mormon once. The missionaries came into their town and her mom and her started going. She and her mom also went to wiccan/witch group and a bunch of other stuff, just because they liked going to things and socializing in groups. I thought it was funny. The person I knew married one of the missionaries and moved to the US and they got divorced almost straight away. No more witch classes allowed once they hit US soil, I guess.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Hello I recently applied for adjustment of status. I received notice of receipt for adjustment and employment authorization. I received letter for biometrics appointment for August 23. Then I have just recieved a letter for the interview, scheduled for Sept 13, before even doing the fingerprinting. Is this normal? I am worried they may have found an issue with application and are trying to deny it.

Fingerprinting: August 23

Recieve interview letter: August 21

Interview scheduled for: Sept 13

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Hi,

I have a question. I got married in May while I was on an F1 visa. I am still on an F1 visa, and I have only been working this last semester. I have already applied for the Adjustment of Status, work permit and travel permit, and I have already had my biometrics taken. My question is: If I don't renew my I-20 now is there any risk that I will be refused the adjustment of status or the work/travel permit?

no you dont need to renew your I-20 n if you do thn it cud actualy confuse your process nd your intention is not to stay in the US your intention is now to stay in the US as a husband of a US citiezen. as long as your AOS is pending your considered in status. nd you cant work on expired I-20 wait for your EAD to be aprroved. I hope tht helps, good luck :)

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

no you dont need to renew your I-20 n if you do thn it cud actualy confuse your process nd your intention is not to stay in the US your intention is now to stay in the US as a husband of a US citiezen. as long as your AOS is pending your considered in status. nd you cant work on expired I-20 wait for your EAD to be aprroved. I hope tht helps, good luck smile.png

Awesome! Thank you all so much for you help!

No, I am not going to attend the College anymore. I got married and applied for an AoS while on the student visa, with everything being 100% legal. I am still a student with a valid I-20, but I am leaving the college while I wait for the AoS. Since I won't be attending this next semester they want to make my I-20 look like I am going back home, so that they won't take responsibility if something goes wrong. Does it make sense? It's a weird situation...

Wll again let me tell you that when you submitted your AOS paperwork and received your NOA1 your F-1 status was no longer valid (i.e. your status is "pending AOS")n your I-20 is totally irrelevant now since you are adjusting status.n youll not be allowed to renew your I-20 if you are already in the system as a pending AOS (i.e. you can't be two categories at once) nd you can continue your school after getting your EAD. However most school officials are clueless about this sort of situation,some schools’ll not let you change your status from a foreign student to a resident alien until you have your I-551 stamp (green card) while others will sometimes accept the EAD. Until you get the EAD or I-551 then universities usually don't know how to handle your (limbo status) They only seem to recognize F-1 status or EAD holders

Awesome! Thank you all so much for you help!

you welcome bro. Good luck on your journey smile.png

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.