178 posts in this topic

CEAC Info:

Administrative Processing

Case Creation Date: 24-Jan-2013

Status Updated Date: 16-Aug-2013

6/25/2013 - My husband's interview day. Was given back his passport & a white paper 221(g), told case being sent to Eligibility Review Unit

7/05/2013 - Sent email to Dakar Consular to ask "why" our case is in Review

7/26/2013 - Received email from Dakar Consular stating our case was in Review to "confirm the beneficiary's eligibility for a visa."

Me & my Husband's update below:
U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued
Case Creation Date: 24-Jan-2013 Status Updated Date: 30-Aug-2013
Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my interview at Islamabad consulate on 30th of July, my passport was retained and I was given a green slip known as 221g

it's not stated the reason as to why my case had been placed under AP (I'm female) it reads who's ineligible for US visa and that they MIGHT need further documents and I should be quick responding them

my fiance is an American I live in Pakistan legally but I ain't Pakistani I'm from another T country so ...

my interview took like 10 minutes and like all other cases the CO told me everything seems just fine, got my passport and birth certificate and stated the process takes 60 to 90 days

one month's passed but I wonder what do I do after 3 months? who's this congressman and where I can find him as I ain't very positive about the result...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my interview at Islamabad consulate on 30th of July, my passport was retained and I was given a green slip known as 221g

it's not stated the reason as to why my case had been placed under AP (I'm female) it reads who's ineligible for US visa and that they MIGHT need further documents and I should be quick responding them

my fiance is an American I live in Pakistan legally but I ain't Pakistani I'm from another T country so ...

my interview took like 10 minutes and like all other cases the CO told me everything seems just fine, got my passport and birth certificate and stated the process takes 60 to 90 days

one month's passed but I wonder what do I do after 3 months? who's this congressman and where I can find him as I ain't very positive about the result...

Are you a male or a female?

be positive theres nothing really else you can do.

just wait, it will happen when the time is right.

my wifes been waiting since july 12th and they told her the same thing. and gave her the green 221g sheet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do dua for quick approval!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to share with you, dear people...

....CEAC status as of August 29, 2013 issued after 43 days in AP...after one email to the USEM during the 30th day in AP...after one call to USEM on August 28, 2013, then another follow up call with USEM Friday August 30, 2013 to inquire case status and yes it is issued, and passport and visa will be pick up by 2gp Tuesday, Sept 3...after I sent an email to my fiancé US congressman using his email address also August 28, fiancé receiving a call from the aide of his congressman after 24 hours of my email and suggesting to send the privacy form through email...after a bucket of tears, feeling so sad already, sleepless nights, dozen of shopping binges (this part is expensive, lol) during AP...my visa is now issued ....hopefully i will receive my passport and visa on Sept. 3, 2013....thank you so much, Lord.

Lesson learned, call the US embassy to inquire the status of the visa after 10 days in AP...do not follow CEAC or DOS to inquire only after 30 or 60 days if case is AP... call call the US Embassy of your country and inquire why status is AP...sometimes they just need one phone call (I believe that one phone call to USEM showed them that i really want to have the visa so badly).

P.S....I was not given any 221g or any paper after my k1 interview, CO kept my passport.

Timeline

Sept 4, 2013 4:35 pm....I received my k1 visa after almost 49 days in ap....thank you so much, Lord...

So dear friends ....my advise call your us Embassy after 10 days of your interview especially if you are in AP Status....keep the faith and hold on to love...

God bless everyone....hugs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sept 4, 2013 4:35 pm....I received my k1 visa after almost 49 days in ap....thank you so much, Lord...

So dear friends ....my advise call your us Embassy after 10 days of your interview especially if you are in AP Status....keep the faith and hold on to love...

God bless everyone....hugs.

Just viewed your timeline dear. Wow that was a long wait. So as u said call the embassy after 10days in ap, i want to know why? Well im not calling them yet, just sent an email and they said im under review. You think it will help when i call them after 2weeks maybe?

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Timeline

I tell you my deaf friend....call us embassy now if your case is ap and its more than 10 or 15 days since your interview....that's what happened to our cAse, I called us embassy Manila after 44 days since my interview....I called August 28 then issued August 29...I received it today...believe just call and inquire the girl who will answer you why you are in ap.

Timeline

I emailed USEM August 15 , they emailed me back August 29...they said I am in ap but CEAC changed to issued August 29 5 pm. ...then I called USEM August 30 am, visa issued already...so I really believed that one call made a big difference that's why they issued it the next day.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I emailed USEM August 15 , they emailed me back August 29...they said I am in ap but CEAC changed to issued August 29 5 pm. ...then I called USEM August 30 am, visa issued already...so I really believed that one call made a big difference that's why they issued it the next day.

some embassies , like the one in Islamabad, Pakistan, wont even discuss your case over the phone, so calling them wont get u any where

IR-1/CR-1 Visa USC SPOUSE

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Peshawar, Pakistan

Marriage : 2012-3-10

I-130 Sent: 2012-07-10

I-130 NOA1: 2012-07-20

I-130 NOA2: 2013-03-31

Lets go NVC!!

Timeline

Well at least you tried calling your country US embassy even if they wont entertain you....and lucky for me US Embassy Manila entertained me since I was in AP for 44 days when I called to inquire.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi i was given a 221(g) form saying they refused to inform me that our application cannot be accepted it was denied for some reason. She stamped my US tourist visa with "cancel without prejudice" i was thinking everyjing was good and she kept our passports . And told us yo wait for a few weeks. What does it mean.? Told us to go home and wait. Urgggg this is such a pain.. I dont know what is the decision and what is missing. Do you know how long does it take for them to communicate after getting that administrative processing?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I'm just applying some analysis here..... Does it mean if rsz's visa is about to be issued and his interview date was June 27th then people who had their interviews in July can except to get their visas too? Maybe they are working in order by date??

your wife got her visa? or still in AP

So I'm just applying some analysis here..... Does it mean if rsz's visa is about to be issued and his interview date was June 27th then people who had their interviews in July can except to get their visas too? Maybe they are working in order by date??

Your wife got her visa? or still in AP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.