Greenbaum

What are the first things you should do when you arrive in the USA

65 posts in this topic

Haha! Buy a lot of pancit canton coz its too expensive there, $2 each convert to peso its almost P160. Thats a dozen of pancit canton chilimansi already, my favorite hehehe. when are you flying? i want to fly too but no wingssleepy.gif

"i want to fly too but no wings" hahahaha..... laughing.gif kicking.gif jest.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Aside from rice, do filipino stores also sell tabo? Or also known as dipper. You know. We Pinoy don't really use tissue. I was thinking of buying one but my luggage is already too bulky where will I out that lol

I just put one of this on my wifes john..She loves it..No tools required.. Even a 4 thumbed jack of no trades like me could install it

http://www.amazon.com/Aquaus-Diaper-Sprayer-Multi-Use-Chrome/dp/B008K9ZNMS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"i want to fly too but no wings" hahahaha..... laughing.gifkicking.gifjest.gif

Dahlia, technically you can already book your flight because your status already says ISSUED, it's just that 2GO and Embassy are still closed and your passport was just stuck.

I just put one of this on my wifes john..She loves it..No tools required.. Even a 4 thumbed jack of no trades like me could install it

Oh my I should get this as well.

Haha! Buy a lot of pancit canton coz its too expensive there, $2 each convert to peso its almost P160. Thats a dozen of pancit canton chilimansi already, my favorite hehehe. when are you flying? i want to fly too but no wingssleepy.gif

WHAAATTT!!??? That's way tooo expensive compared to PHP 12.00 Pancit Canton here lol! I'll hoard Lucky Me Pancit Canton Sweet Chili flavor and Spicy Calamansi, and when I get there I can sell some at a cheaper price lol.

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Filed: Timeline

We found a red shallow plastic bowl the wife has been using for the last 6 years. I even installed a detachable shower head, but she still uses the tabo.

ETA: Look on the toy section or the camping section of Walmart or Target or similar. You may be able to find a suitable tabo there.

Edited by The Patriot

Dahlia, technically you can already book your flight because your status already says ISSUED, it's just that 2GO and Embassy are still closed and your passport was just stuck.

Oh my I should get this as well.

WHAAATTT!!??? That's way tooo expensive compared to PHP 12.00 Pancit Canton here lol! I'll hoard Lucky Me Pancit Canton Sweet Chili flavor and Spicy Calamansi, and when I get there I can sell some at a cheaper price lol.

My Fiance thought of buying the ticket last week because we thought I will receive my visa after couple of days..... NOT.... mother nature did not allow it. So it is hard to tell if when I will get it.... since it still bothers me what was the reason behind why I did not receive my last week.

About Pancit Canton or any form of instant noodles.... I guess if you are extra health conscious....It might help to avoid eating instant noodles... full of MSG "http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/seasoningflavoring/p/msg.htm". 7yrs ago when I was working here in the Philippines I had frequent migranes. Thanks to GOOGLE... I started making researches what causing it. I believe one of the was MSG. Our food is full of MSG. Since then I avoid buying foods with MSG...Migraines GONE..... I do eat pancit canton once in a while to satisfy cravings....

For kids.... not good...not healthy at all....Lots of PARENTS feeding their todlers with it... oh..not so healthy. it sure taste good because of food enhancers but not totally healthy.

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

We found a red shallow plastic bowl the wife has been using for the last 6 years. I even installed a detachable shower head, but she still uses the tabo.

ETA: Look on the toy section or the camping section of Walmart or Target or similar. You may be able to find a suitable tabo there.

Oh yes..Get her a gun and some classes..

Sorry just messing with Patriot forget i said that

Peace :)

For "TABO", I requested Fiance to install "http://kitchenbathroomfixtures.com/handheld-bidet-sprayer-set-for-toilets.html". My butt get itchy if I don't wash.. hahahaha rolleyes.gif

Edited by dahlia0811

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Home Depot carries them for about $20 cheaper.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Home Depot carries them for about $20 cheaper.

Get out ! thanks I will put one on the other one

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I prefer this...heated water and seat!!

http://www.totousa.com/Green/Products/Washlet.aspx

My E200 is going on 8 years now without any problems, and installs as easy as the spray wands (on the tank supply).

Here are the top three:

1. Locate the vacuum and the cleaning supplies she'll need to clean your house.

2. Familiarize herself with the kitchen where she'll be cooking all of your meals.

3. Learn how you like your underwear and socks folded.

headbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gif

The reality:

1. Tahoma did the cleaning while I sat in the couch and ate boy bawang...

2. Tahoma took me to different Filipino restaurants to buy take-out food. IF Tahoma will wait for me to cook his meals, he will surely be starving to death.

3. Well....I like to fold clothes...so this is ok.

I should be reading VJ more often and read what Tahoma is posting here....hihihi....devil.gif

~ Chinook

First thing since we were already married was to get the SS card and an official ID from the DMV. Get the book for written part of the driving test and after you pass that you can get your learners permit. Added my wife to credit card. Added her to my medical insurance (very important to have insurance). Made her beneficiary of life insurance policy. Added her to joint bank account.

headbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gif

The reality:

1. Tahoma did the cleaning while I sat in the couch and ate boy bawang...

2. Tahoma took me to different Filipino restaurants to buy take-out food. IF Tahoma will wait for me to cook his meals, he will surely be starving to death.

3. Well....I like to fold clothes...so this is ok.

I should be reading VJ more often and read what Tahoma is posting here....hihihi....devil.gif

~ Chinook

That's my girl... hahaha Go Go Gurl.... Woman's Spirit!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.