My CFO experience

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Documents I brought at CFO:

• Birth certificate and photocopy
  • Fiance's BC and photocopy
  • Fiance's passport bio page photocopy
  • Photocopies of 2 valid IDs (PRC and Voter's ID)
  • Photocopy of Passport
  • Photocopy of Visa
  • 2 Photos to proof relationship
  • Passport with Visa

Documents they asked upon entrance:

• Photocopies of 2 valid IDs (PRC and Voter's ID)
  • Photocopy of Passport
  • Photocopy of Visa

During one-on-one interview (before the seminar):

• Photos

You will fill-out a form that asks you the following:

• Your fiancee's/fiance's highest educational attainment
  • Fiancee's/fiance's job
  • Fiancee's/fiance's mother's maiden name (a lot of applicants doesn't know this when I was there)
  • Address in the US and contact number

I arrived at CFO Manila around 7 a.m., August 27th, (Tuesday) and the first 15 applicants were already inside, meaning, I will be scheduled for afternoon session. I needed to wait then! It's like a whole day seminar! Good thing I met two girls for chit-chats and we became instant friends.

Around 7:30, the guard started to let us in, and the lady asked for photocopies of two valid IDs and photocopy of passport or passport with Visa. I filled out a registration form online so I wasn't given a registration paper anymore. Then we were given our ID needed to be worn all the time inside their premises. We were told to be seated in the Waiting Area (basement) and wait to be called around 10 a.m.

Around 8 a.m., bored. All of us 3 were just playing Candy Crush and when we ran out of lives, we decided to eat at Jollibee across the road. Mind you, crossing the road was difficult lol. It's like a killer highway. We spent almost an hour and half in the Jollibee and we decided to go back. The two are smokers and I'm not so I waited for them to finished then we went inside again.

Around 9:50 a.m. they finally told us to go to the 3rd floor for Registration. First lady was sort of conducting an initial interview, questions are more about your fiance/fiancee or spouse, his middle, his mother's full name when she was single, etc. Then she handed another form to fill-out.

While I was filling-out the form, I overheard the first lady, "papakasalan mo hindi mo alam pinag-aralan niya? kahit pangalan ng nanay di mo rin alam.." In English, "you will marry him and you don't know his education background? you don't even know his mother's name.."

Second lady, she asked those questions again, then she took my picture. You can smile in photo she said. I really found those ladies working at CFO very nice, but if you don't know the answers to their questions, prepare your dignity.

After registration, we were asked to go back 2 p.m., and since it was only 10:30 a.m. that time, we decided to spend time at nearby PureGold by taking Pedicab. Food trip. Then around 1:15 p.m. we headed back to the CFO Building and some were already being interview (one-on-one).

There's a group of girls there who were so loud from the outside and when we came in, they became quiet, more eyes on me than the two girls I was with (I felt weird). Then upon taking our seats, they started to chit-chat again. Then my name was called.

Questions asked:

• Full name of your fiance
  • Where did you meet
  • When did you meet and when did you first meet personally
  • How old are you
  • How old is your fiance
  • Can I see some of your photos (the interviewer said we look cute together)

The interview lasted for more or less 5 minutes only.

After all applicants were done, seminar has finally started. We were group into three to share our plans about marriage, love and relationship. The facilitator of our group was really curious of my age and when I told her I'm 26 and her mouth fell open. She thought I was only 18-20, no wonder why they were looking at me when we entered the room? From the look of their face, a minor attending a fiance/spousal seminar LOL.

Overall, I really enjoyed the seminar, and learned a lot, it's a combination of marriage counseling and preparing yourselves once you get to the US. All were normal. No issues, was given our GC and passport with sticker. It was beautiful.

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Ahhh, the age old "sponsor's mother's maiden name" question. Well-documented here, but I feel sorry for non-VJers who attend CFO and don't know it. I bet there were several frantic phone calls being made while you watched!

Timeline

Ahhh, the age old "sponsor's mother's maiden name" question. Well-documented here, but I feel sorry for non-VJers who attend CFO and don't know it. I bet there were several frantic phone calls being made while you watched!

HAHA correct! This forum help so much big time!! :-D Although I already know his mom's maiden name even before, we pretty getting along well with each other that helps too woot!

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Great review :) VJ and Rob and Ann's review on their website really prepared my fiancée for the CFO as well.

Congratulations and have a safe trip to the US :)

Well written review! Congratulations and welcome to America... soon!!!rose.gif

Are you all set? READY? When are you travelling?

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Thanks for sharing your CFO experience!

By the way, is it really necessary to bring the fiance's birth certificate? smile.png

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Thank you for this review.. I will have my CFO tomorrow and wish me luck.... I'm getting nervous with all those "bad" experience there. Glad I found recent "good" one... Congratulations!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO can be very annoying... can be, don't have to be. And yup it seems they are trying more and more to be like an embassy interview... jeez! Yes one can be denied.

Biggest thing is to have the basics as listed (in my link), show up with confidence, self assured and a smile, the look them in the eyes when you speak to them... that goes a long ways.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well there is some helpful information given at the seminar, even my wife says that and I have read it quite often here on VJ. But its needs to be more precise with its requirements so people can show do their time and not have to play the game of running home to retrieve more documents then come back again.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.