Bayareaguy

Anybody have any luck calling the US Embassy US numbers lately?

23 posts in this topic

You guys need to realize what Bayareaguy has had to go through. First off, he was among the victims of the CSC July 18, 2012 standstill that saw everybody's petitions untouched for several months until April of this year, due to DACA processing. Secondly, he is one of the last of these victims to receive a visa because, on top of that, his fiance was the wonderful recepient of a a sputum test, adding an additional 8 weeks wait time before the interview, which turned out negative. When he finally got his interview, it had been a few days removed from being exactly a year since his NOA1. In comparision, my interview will be 6 months removed from our NOA1, and it actually could have been even closer had we not decided to wait until I could come to the interview with my fiance. I think most of us can attest to a similar span of 5-6 months.

So I think a little attitude on his part is warranted.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am very aware of what Bayareaguy has endured, but sh!t happens... and one still needs to be patient ... the gears of government do not move faster with phone calls and rants.

Bayareaguy is not the first to deal with screw-ups at USCIS, delays at NVC, sputum tests, or even having to endure AP at the embassy. Its almost a daily thing for others too.

Endure to Persevere ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=csEzTwKemwY

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know there's nothing I can do but wait, but that doesn't make things any better.

I sounded the alarm in dec-jan about the CSC under processing K-1s, and was assured then that it would be soon, happens every year, blah blah blah.

The sputum: I always knew it would be a possibility, and it happened, but you know what? They said it would take 8 weeks, an it took 8 weeks. And TB is a serious concern, so all in all, it is understandable. Not that I like it, but it is a legitimate excuse.

The delay at CSC? A buch of BS. BS July 19th date, BS customer service line and agents, BS service requests, BS ombudsman office, BS excecutive memo, BS congressman office (who have just proven themselves to be pawns of the excecutive branch instead of an independent branch of government)...basically BS all the way through the system, from top to bottom.

I am getting similar feelings with this visa issuing now. I certainly don't think it will be much longer, but I also felt that way in December...then January....get burned once....

If someone would give me a legitimate reason why it is taking longer (we need to do x,y,and z before we can issue the visa) then I could accept that. But seeing some get visas in hand before one week, and not having mine even issued yet...what could possibly be different about our case? I'd like to hear what it is.

Really, after the USCIS BS, I could be getting the gold star expedite treatment now and I'd still be pissed...to late to take the bad taste out of my mouth, unless they could go back in time.

The thing is, they (whoever is making these decisions) is a nameless faceless far away person. I will be patiently waiting when I will be able to look someone in the eye here giving me any BS excuses, whether a civil surgeon trying to soak me with unneeded exams, or a local USCIS personel giving un-concise excuses. My tolerance for even the smallest transgression at this point is <0.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

And thus the saying.... Patience is a virtue.

I know your feelings, I am not making small of your stress or feelings. Just saying you need to be patient a little longer.... as difficult as it may be.... soon it will all be history.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Bayareaguy...Undoubtedly, your journey has been a long nightmare, but hang in there because it'll soon be over. I clearly remember how happy and relieved Chinook and I were when she finally had her visa in hand...and it took us less than six months. I can only imagine your relief and joy when your magical day arrives. Buddy, you've earned it!!!

Timeline

Yeah, I wouldn't be going through all of this if it wasn't worth it. Thanks all for putting up with my anger and frustration...I shouldn't be busting anyone's balls here on this site.

We hear you Bayareaguy. We might not fully understand what you're going through but we are here to listen, hopefully good enough to encourage you. Just adding a little prayerinnocent.gif and more patience. We wil be prayin' for yah'.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

I really hope you get your visa soon. On my experience, it took us 17 days from the date of my interview before I got my visa. Yep, I was just like you, it clearly got me mad and upset because some people got their visas faster than I did. But I realized that my anger wouldn't help me get my visa sooner. It would only stress me out. I really pray you get an update on your visa soon. God bless.

"You are my favorite reason to lose sleep."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.