Bayareaguy

Anybody have any luck calling the US Embassy US numbers lately?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

(214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546?

The 214 number is always busy, and the 646 number has a recording claiming that it isn't a working number.

​I can't find the 646 number on the embassy website, but the 214 number is still listed.

Timeline

My fiancee already emailed them. She was able to call them in the Philippines, but they say the visa has not been issued yet, and they don't know when it will be.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It can take a couple weeks for the visa. Just a little more patience...

It won't be issued any faster calling.

Use the tracking in my link to check on progress.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Well, if it isn't issued today, we are not getting it within normal 2 weeks.

According to your timeline, it's only been eight days.

Timeline

According to your timeline, it's only been eight days.

Oh, so if it's issued today, the visa will magically appear in my fiancee's hand, and it will be only 8 days!11!1

Except, it's the 16th in Manila, so that's 9 days...but there is that issue of the visa molecular transporter not being invented yet, so it needs to be couriered over to her town.

So if it isn't issued today, then "maybe" it's issued monday...and if we assume a quick 2 days delivery, then wow, it will be 14 days on wednesday.

But wait!! It's not your lucky day, Tahoma. Wednesday the 21 is Ninoy Aquino Day!!!! Yea! Another non-working holiday!!11!!!. So then, it may get there on thursday, which is... let me count...,15 days...7 days are in a week...so yeah, beyond 2 weeks.

Oh, so if it's issued today, the visa will magically appear in my fiancee's hand, and it will be only 8 days!11!1

Except, it's the 16th in Manila, so that's 9 days...but there is that issue of the visa molecular transporter not being invented yet, so it needs to be couriered over to her town.

So if it isn't issued today, then "maybe" it's issued monday...and if we assume a quick 2 days delivery, then wow, it will be 14 days on wednesday.

But wait!! It's not your lucky day, Tahoma. Wednesday the 21 is Ninoy Aquino Day!!!! Yea! Another non-working holiday!!11!!!. So then, it may get there on thursday, which is... let me count...,15 days...7 days are in a week...so yeah, beyond 2 weeks.

It's been eight days. Today is the ninth day, and it isn't over yet. But, who's counting?

I'm interested to know how you are so certain that 2GO isn't going to text her today (Friday in Manila) or Monday.

By the way, two days isn't "a quick delivery." Many people pick up their visa packet or have it delivered on the day they get the text. Many get it the next day. My wife picked up her visa packet within an hour of the text.

Instead of a useless call to a CSR at the call center (the 214 number), why don't you call directly to the IV unit and ask them the status of the visa. The IV unit's phone number (from the U.S.) is 632-301-2000 extension 5184 or 5185.

Timeline

. The IV unit's phone number (from the U.S.) is 632-301-2000 extension 5184 or 5185.

5184 is just a recording , 5185 is ringing off the hook right now(and burning up my Skype credit). IV has already been emailed, and my fiancée already called them today and they said it hasn't been issued and they don't know when it will be.

But I will try again in the morning, thanks for providing a target for my rage.

Lunch time at the Embassy should be over by now. Be persistent and keep trying. Sometimes the IV unit is very helpful. If you can't get ahold of them today, try again first thing Monday morning (Manila time). It was my experience, and others, that their phones weren't so busy when they opened in the morning.

Also, it was my experience, and I've also read it here on VJ more than once, that the IV unit people unfortunatly are more helpful to Americans than they are to Filipinos.

By the way, it's not uncommon for the Embassy to verify documents. It's one reason why some visas take longer than others.

Timeline

I'm interested to know how you are so certain that 2GO isn't going to text her today (Friday in Manila) or Monday?

We may get lucky, but who knows.

What I do know is that this is their last chance to f#c& me over...it's been the opposite of how I thought it would be. Everything Filipino that my fiancée has had to do (CFO, NBI, NSO) has been smooth and professional.

The USCIS and their BS 5 month goal process-as-little-as-they -want-to-you-get-approved-whenever-the-hell-we-feel-like-it was the first bunch of malarkey my government has given me in this process, and now I can see that the visa issuance is also subject to a process-when-we-feel-like-it system, based on several posts just on the first couple of pages in this section.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We may get lucky, but who knows.

What I do know is that this is their last chance to f#c& me over...it's been the opposite of how I thought it would be. Everything Filipino that my fiancée has had to do (CFO, NBI, NSO) has been smooth and professional.

The USCIS and their BS 5 month goal process-as-little-as-they -want-to-you-get-approved-whenever-the-hell-we-feel-like-it was the first bunch of malarkey my government has given me in this process, and now I can see that the visa issuance is also subject to a process-when-we-feel-like-it system, based on several posts just on the first couple of pages in this section.

Relax.. you are going to have a stroke!

The time it takes for the visa to be issued is the time it takes... calling and ranting helps nothing.... not even your blood pressure. Yikes!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

PATIENCE.... Hank's famous word of wisdom idea9dv.gif

My visa got ISSUED status from CEAC last Thursday (15 Aug.) a week after my interview (08 Aug.). Hopefully by next week there's a good news for all of us who are waiting.......

Now I fully understand how it feels waiting for something that you don't know when to arrive. Again it is better to wait for something....an approved visa rather than the other way around....not having visa at all. rose.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.