Kez/JWolf

Troopers can arrest illegal immigrants

127 posts in this topic

now, the english part, true, there are some people like the gangs (i dunno why are you so obsessed with the mS13 lol) that don't care for learning the language, others have a harder time doing it... others are denied that right... like the temporary tobacco workers that come every season to NC for a couple of months, they leave and come back every year, since they are a big group (10+) the community college can give them free english lessons for the time they are here, but the tobbaco farm owners don't want them to learn english.. why, i dunno, it's free, they don't have to travel... so.. while some of the hispanics probably don't mind (or simply can't) some of them are denied of that gift, which is education

Don't get me wrong though. I have a lot of respect for honest hard working hispanics. I regularly drive down to Richmond, VA to eat at Mexico and am good friends with the crew there..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, Americans are expected to learn Spanish in order to serve them. Position announcements require Spanish/English speakers for a myriad of jobs. In fact, within the last month, there was a public uprour over how the yellow pages is publishing a Spanish version and was advertizing for Spanish speaking customer service reps. People want to know why their companies are requiring Americans to become bilingual rather than requiring the trespassers to learn English! Health care workers, court personnel, law enforcement, even Red Cross volunteers, are advertizing for bilingual speakers. This is an English speaking country with immigrants from many, many lands, speaking many many languages. No one but illegal Mexicans are putting on rallies and demanding that everyone else conform to them instead of them assimilating to us.

This is a problem, whether you see it or not.

Which is only going to get worse. I noticed a few job ads like that the other day. My teacher buddy also told me that the county will soon require their teachers learn Spanish. That is a disgrace. I just cannot believe Americans are allowing this to happen. ###### you guys are becoming a minority in your own country..

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Peejay, you brought up the past when you said your relatives came here legally, so pick or choose whether the past is relevant. How far back before history is no longer relevant?

No...you used that same old lame cliche, "we are a nation of immigrants" to somehow justify and excuse the modern scourge of illegal immigration. It is just one of many lame cliches that are used to excuse illegal immigration. I'm just saying that it isn't the golden age of immigration (1880 - 1920) anymore. That era and that nation doesn't exist anymore. The modern welfare state was nonexistent in the golden age of immigration.

It is rather stupid and suicidal in 2006 to allow massive poverty and crime to be dumped illegally across our border by a Third World nation into a modern welfare state that exists in America today. To compare that abomination to immigration 85 - 100 years ago is absurd.

This is not the land of Oz...this is modern 21st century America.

It's not a cliche...it's a fact. The legality of whether an immigrant is 'legal' or 'illegal' doesn't change the fact that they immigrants, first and foremost. Many of them have assimilated into our society. I'm not suggesting we do nothing, but I don't buy into the notion that because they don't have the legal documentation to be here that they are criminal or vermin.

Would you support blocks of work visas granted to companies who can demonstrate the need for low wage workers? The problem isn't going away. There has to be some reasonable solutions worth exploring.

I don't subscribe to the notion that these people deserve amnesty and a pathway to citizenship for border hopping illegally. They are not assimilating into our society as past immigrants have. Either linguistically or culturally. We do not have diversity in immigration when a overwhelming majority of immigrants (legal & illegal) come from one country, one region, one language, one culture, and one race. The legal ones are convenient enablers to the illegal. Half of immigration into America in recent years has been illegal and has increased immigration numbers twice what has been set forth by law. The end result is that an alarming amount of immigration into America is uncontrolled poverty from Third World countries into a modern welfare state. This is an abomination and is nothing like historical immigration in America.

There can be no such thing as a temporary guest worker under the current situation. You cannot regulate something that already is uncontrolled. The control infrastructure needs to come first. It was promised in 1986 and never happened. Why do we need to foster another lie on the American people as a solution. There need to be a lot of changes before I would have faith in a real temporary guest worker program for menial labor.

In the mean time...amnesty is not the answer.

What do we do then?

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
now, the english part, true, there are some people like the gangs (i dunno why are you so obsessed with the mS13 lol) that don't care for learning the language, others have a harder time doing it... others are denied that right... like the temporary tobacco workers that come every season to NC for a couple of months, they leave and come back every year, since they are a big group (10+) the community college can give them free english lessons for the time they are here, but the tobbaco farm owners don't want them to learn english.. why, i dunno, it's free, they don't have to travel... so.. while some of the hispanics probably don't mind (or simply can't) some of them are denied of that gift, which is education

Don't get me wrong though. I have a lot of respect for honest hard working hispanics. I regularly drive down to Richmond, VA to eat at Mexico and am good friends with the crew there..

100 bucks says there's several illegals amongst that crew, and you won't ever know it!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Please supply sources for your claims, pedroh. They don't jibe with my experience, so I would like to check them out. Thank you!

sources? o f what? bilingual hispanics? I think in this site there are a few of them so you can check it by yourself.. about the culture... go to a dance club or watch mtv and u'll see the spanish influence not demanded by hispanics

This statement

It seems that you are not familiar with the new waves of hispanic-american citizens that are as American as you or Monterery Jack Cheese, they speak english, they speak spanish as a second language..

has no support. I asked for empirical support for your claims; I didn't ask for instructions as to how to gather anecdotes. Thank you, anyway.

I live in Colorado, a state overrun by the "new wave" of migrants. They are not assimilating, they are not English speaking, they are not bilingual. In fact, Americans are expected to learn Spanish in order to serve them. Position announcements require Spanish/English speakers for a myriad of jobs. In fact, within the last month, there was a public uprour over how the yellow pages is publishing a Spanish version and was advertizing for Spanish speaking customer service reps. People want to know why their companies are requiring Americans to become bilingual rather than requiring the trespassers to learn English! Health care workers, court personnel, law enforcement, even Red Cross volunteers, are advertizing for bilingual speakers. This is an English speaking country with immigrants from many, many lands, speaking many many languages. No one but illegal Mexicans are putting on rallies and demanding that everyone else conform to them instead of them assimilating to us.

This is a problem, whether you see it or not.

i was talking about the legal immigrants.. not the 'illegal mexicans'.. how many legal immigrants do you know and how many illegals do u see on tv.. true.. i guess the illegals are way more than the legal hispanics, but i know that those legal hispanics and their kids are biligual, heck, even the kids from illegal families are balancing more towards english than spanish.. there are several books supporting that (like the author Richard ROdriguez)

and again, I don't see the problem with the businesses having completely spanish sections or something like that.. is no that they are doing it for free, of course they want a piece of the pie.. so, if they are getting paid for having bilingual personnel.. how does that affect you? if one company sells more because they have bilingual or trilingual personnel than other store that don't want to hire someone that speaks other languages (which don't need to be paid more, like in retail) it's their damn fault they are letting scape such an opportunity of an alternate and profitable segment such as the hispanic-non bilingual customers.. which by next year their spending power is going to be close to 1 trillion dollars.. having more prepared people is called being competitive.. same in MExico.. there are some businesses and places that only hire bilingual mexicans, are they ever gonna use their english skills? probably not, but they realize money-wise how important is for the business to be able to help english speaking customers... so. if you know your neighbor speaks another language, what's wrong with learning it?

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

100 bucks says there's several illegals amongst that crew, and you won't ever know it!

Of course. It is up to the government on a Federal, State and County level to enforce this issue.

I still say anyone who has been here for 10+ years should probably be granted PR, if they meet a set criteria.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
I still say anyone who has been here for 10+ years should probably be granted PR, if they meet a set criteria.

And I'll respectfully disagree with you on that.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

i was talking about the legal immigrants.. not the 'illegal mexicans'.. how many legal immigrants do you know and how many illegals do u see on tv.. true.. i guess the illegals are way more than the legal hispanics, but i know that those legal hispanics and their kids are biligual, heck, even the kids from illegal families are balancing more towards english than spanish.. there are several books supporting that (like the author Richard ROdriguez)

I went to a state health clinic for an xray only to find 90% of the young girls pregnant to be Hispanic. Not a big deal unless they grow up to ne MS13 gang members.. :lol:

What got me is how a nurse made an announcement and had to have it repeated in Spanish by an interpretor.

Edited by Infidel

and again, I don't see the problem with the businesses having completely spanish sections or something like that.. is no that they are doing it for free, of course they want a piece of the pie.. so, if they are getting paid for having bilingual personnel.. how does that affect you? if one company sells more because they have bilingual or trilingual personnel than other store that don't want to hire someone that speaks other languages (which don't need to be paid more, like in retail) it's their damn fault they are letting scape such an opportunity of an alternate and profitable segment such as the hispanic-non bilingual customers.. which by next year their spending power is going to be close to 1 trillion dollars.. having more prepared people is called being competitive.. same in MExico.. there are some businesses and places that only hire bilingual mexicans, are they ever gonna use their english skills? probably not, but they realize money-wise how important is for the business to be able to help english speaking customers... so. if you know your neighbor speaks another language, what's wrong with learning it?

What about people being discriminated against simply because they do not speak Spanish? I can see more and more of this happening..

It is not the Mexicans' fault though. It is up to America to regulate their country. If American people want to change their national language to be Spanish, then so be it.

The world is a competitive place. If America wants to focus on low-skilled illegal immigrants and turning the country into a hybrid English-Spanish speaking nation, then so be it. Unfortunately what this may mean for Americans is that more and more professionals will look at migrating in other cashed up English speaking countries like Canada, Australia and the UK.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What about people being discriminated against simply because they do not speak Spanish? I can see more and more of this happening..

It is not the Mexicans' fault though. It is up to America to regulate their country. If American people want to change their national language to be Spanish, then so be it.

The world is a competitive place. If America wants to focus on low-skilled illegal immigrants and turning the country into a hybrid English-Spanish speaking nation, then so be it. Unfortunately what this may mean for Americans is that more and more professionals will look at migrating in other cashed up English speaking countries like Canada, Australia and the UK.

but, isn't the spanish speaking thing like when computers started? not everybody knew how to use office or even windows, and businesses started with the 'use of computer a plus'.. now most of the businesses (or where there's spanish needs) it says 'bilingual a plus'..

again, companies aren't doing it because they are good souls, they're doing it because there is a huuuge unexploited market (for some areas) and they know that there's a lot of money too.. and i don't considered it discrimination, a lot of high schools and colleges offer spanish as a second language, true, as hispanics who can't learn english, not all can pick up spanish as fast, but hey, isn't that a competitive advantage?

even my coworkers lol, one of my friends is totally against illegal immigration, and he knows sometimes they'll come with a fake SS# and stuff.. but even him knows there's potential money there.. so he learned to say in spanish '$150 deposit, free phone' (for cell phones)

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If Canada were in fact, an English speaking country. However, it is an officially bilingual country, as we caved to the French. How can anyone cave in to the French!?!?!? bien esti collis tabernac!!!!!! :lol:

12/25/2001 : Met on telephone thanks to mutual friend

03/02/2001 : Met face to face at a concert in Sault Ste Marie Michigan

07/06/2004 : I-129F Sent

07/19/2004 : I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

10/20/2004 : I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

11/01/2004 : Package Received By NVC

11/04/2004 : Rec'd Instructions (Pkt 3)

07/01/2005 : Completed Instructions (Pkt 3)

09/01/2005 : Rec'd Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)

11/07/2005 : Interview!!!

11/20/2005 : Visa Received

12/03/2005 : US Entry, finally home

02/04/2006 : Wedding !!!

02/13/2006 : AOS, AP & EAD filed

02/16/2006 : AOS, EAD & AP rec'd

02/24/2006 : NOA for AP rejected (I ticked wrong box duh0

02/27/2006 : NOA for AOS, EAD

03/13/2006 : Biometrics appt

03/05/2006 : amended AP application rec'd

03/09/2006 : NOA for AP

04/06/2006 : RFE for AOS (co-sponsor affidavit)

04/07/2006 : AP approved

04/13/2006 : AP recieved

05/25/2006 : EAD approved

05/29/2006 : used AP for the first time

06/01/2006 : EAD rec'd

07/04/2006 : AP used again to pick up my son, activated his visa (he was a follow to join)

07/13/2006 : AP touched ??? (possibly because I used it july 4th?)

08/01/2006 : Interview date

08/12/2006 : AOS touched

08/14/2006 : Gerrys biometrics

10/10/2006 : AOS interview for Gerry

10/28/2006, 11/11/2006, 11/18/2006, my AOS touched ; 10/12/2006,12/04/2006 : Gerry's AOS touched

12/07/2006 : AOS APPROVED !!!!!!!

12/16/2006 : GREEN CARDS IN HAND!

09/24/2008 : Apply for Removal of Conditions

09/26/2008 : 1 Yr Conditional Resident Extention

11/01/2008 : Biometrics for both of us

01/??/2009 : 10 Year Green Cards!!!

If Canada were in fact, an English speaking country. However, it is an officially bilingual country, as we caved to the French. How can anyone cave in to the French!?!?!? bien esti collis tabernac!!!!!! :lol:

Freakin Frenchiii :lol:

I was thinking the other day that I have not noticed too many people from France in this forum..

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
state troopers are not federal agents. immigration is a federal jurisdiction.

ergo, state troopers cannot arrest someone for violating immigration laws.

Daniel

:energetic:

Yes.. but state law enforcement officers can be deputized to enforce federal laws...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Daniel

Yes.. but state law enforcement officers can be deputized to enforce federal laws...

to sound like pedroh......PWNED :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Daniel

to sound like pedroh......PWNED :whistle:

I agree. That argument doesn't hold water.

Next thing you know, state and local cops can't touch anyone that produces counterfeit bills.

The currency is a federal issue, after all...