Maribel&Kyle

What Vaccinations are Required ?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello People of VJ !

I am the beneficiary , The 25th of July USCIS sent us an email saying that our file was being mailed to NVC !

So that sounds great so far. But i have been preparing all the paperwork that will be required following the Guides

of this wonderful site ! . There is one thing that i am still a little confused and that havent got much information it is about

the Medical Exam- Visa Journey suggest as a tip starting getting the vaccinations needed before hand ! -

I am originally from Peru but i am living in Canada Ontario for 2 years and half. I Do not have proof of my vaccinations taken

in Peru some years ago ! - So i Suppose to get them again . I just called to the health Unit in my town , Some vaccinations are

free some can cost me even 450$ !!! -

Please The ones who have just gone through these steps or have already finished with their k1 files !

Could You advice me what to do ?? What are those vaccinations that i should be getting one by one before the day comes

I dont want to get them all in once ! - And Also All that much of money hurts to my wallet

THANKS !!

Hello People of VJ !

I am the beneficiary , The 25th of July USCIS sent us an email saying that our file was being mailed to NVC !

So that sounds great so far. But i have been preparing all the paperwork that will be required following the Guides

of this wonderful site ! . There is one thing that i am still a little confused and that havent got much information it is about

the Medical Exam- Visa Journey suggest as a tip starting getting the vaccinations needed before hand ! -

I am originally from Peru but i am living in Canada Ontario for 2 years and half. I Do not have proof of my vaccinations taken

in Peru some years ago ! - So i Suppose to get them again . I just called to the health Unit in my town , Some vaccinations are

Please The ones who have just gone through these steps or have already finished with their k1 files !

Could You advice me what to do ?? What are those vaccinations that i should be getting one by one before the day comes

I dont want to get them all in once ! - And Also All that much of money hurts to my wallet

THANKS !!

Depends on your age and a few other circumstances.

The list immigration department uses is published by CDC-Center for Disease Control, look it up, they have a web site and the list of vaccines. The one I have is dated and would not be that useful.

The list defines the requirement by age and there are some exception (pregnant woman), etc. In your case, they will have to account that you are not Canadian and some tests will show up positive (TBC), so make sure the physician is familiar with your situation.

Also, it is possible to skip some by a blood tither test (that might be expensive)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Only the medical practitioner who examines you can tell you exactly which vaccinations you require,depending on your age. The one that hurt the most for me was chicken pox,ow!! Don't worry though,you'll get through it :)

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Timeline

to Wakey 86

Thanks for your reply !! ,, When You said the Medical Practitioner You mean my Family Doctor OR ALL These Vaccinations will be given by when I arrive to

the Embassy of The States in Canada ..Which Most likely will be in Montreal !?

My question was if i can take them in advance ! Cause i do not want them to have all at once !

What embassy or consulate are you going through?

Are you living in Canada?

Your timeline says Armenia and your country of the beneficiary says Peru??!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hello People of VJ !

THANKS !!

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/easy-to-read/adult.html

They go by this, and then depending on age and other factors, it would be determined by the physician seeing you which ones should be applied. The link has a schedule of vaccines and in it you will also find the age ranges, special cases, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Vaccinations are not required for a K-1 entrant, but are required for AOS. Some countries require the K-1 to receive the vaccinations before/at their medical though.

Vaccinations by age > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Hey Thanks for letting me know !

I just changed it . Yes I live in Ontario. But I was born in Peru .

What embassy or consulate are you going through?

Are you living in Canada?

Your timeline says Armenia and your country of the beneficiary says Peru??!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Only the medical practitioner who examines you can tell you exactly which vaccinations you require,depending on your age. The one that hurt the most for me was chicken pox,ow!! Don't worry though,you'll get through it :)

I wonder why u had to get chicken pox vaccine? Here in the US it has been recommended by physcians to no longer get that as it causes shingles later in life??? Hmmmm im goin to research this ... Hehe

It's required by immigration.

Also if you're legally living in Ontario, Canada, you likely have OHIP (the provincial health care) and can go to a walk in clinic to ask for a test to check your antibodies against the vaccines (commonly called a titre test.) The alternative is going to the health clinic and getting the necessary vaccinations for little to no cost.

You need the first 3, then influenza only if it's flu season http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

Timeline

I just read your post NLR !

Thanks for such a good information ! - Have you gone through this yet? I meant going for your medical interview ! - If it is so WHEN !

I do have a OHIP , I am going to a Health Unit this Wednesday , I just didnt know what to ask or for what type of vaccinations i need..

I will be honest but the health system here seems great ,, but in reality it isnt ..I have seen many people that have passed away just because they didnt

"diagnose" it on time ...even when i called they said what do you need instead of How about we will check you and see what it is needed

in some ways FINE ! So i just can go and do what i need and then bye .

How about this link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

It basically also says what You are recommending !!

Thanks for such a help !

It's required by immigration.

Also if you're legally living in Ontario, Canada, you likely have OHIP (the provincial health care) and can go to a walk in clinic to ask for a test to check your antibodies against the vaccines (commonly called a titre test.) The alternative is going to the health clinic and getting the necessary vaccinations for little to no cost.

You need the first 3, then influenza only if it's flu season http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

I went to my medical at Medisys in Montreal at the end of May, and then had my interview in Montreal for my CR1 visa June 3rd. You can do yours at whatever panel physician is closest to you, just make sure you get the results back in time! : http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Montreal (list of panel physicians on there)

Before then I went to my family doctor and asked him to check me for the antibodies for the 4 vaccines I mentioned. I know I had chicken pox as a child because I have the scars. (2 little round scars, one by my eye and one on my arm.) The tests came back either positive for antibodies or not. I just got the Dtap anyhow because you need TD every 10 years and it's been about that long since I got it. I ended up not being immune to mumps I think so I also went to the health unit and got an MMR vaccine. Something about my age and they only gave one MMR vaccination to children at that time? I took the proof of all my vaccinations and the results for the antibody tests to the clinic with me when I went for the medical. I was able to receive the vaccinations for free because I had a note from the doctor saying I needed them (turns out I would have gotten them for free anyhow just because of my age for the one and the other is a normal vaccination everyone needs) and all the lab work was ordered by my doctor so that wasn't charged either.

offtopic45vn.gif

I'll admit I hate how few doctors Canada has and I hate that there are long waiting lists. Heck in my city there wasn't even a dermatologist so you had to travel for anything that may be just "skin" related, but could be as serious as melanoma. Just not enough doctors! I never would have minded paying a premium for health care for it to go towards helping get new doctors (most don't go into the profession because it costs too much in schooling!) to cut wait times. But I love the fact that if you had cancer, you weren't going bankrupt with payments, or if you broke your arm, had a baby, were in a car accident, those things didn't mean your house was foreclosed because you couldn't afford the treatment. I had an unplanned c-section with my daughter, I've been kicked in the face by my horse, and had a cancer scare as well, all of it was treated in a timely manner without extra costs. I didn't have to worry about any of it. Patients must also be proactive about their own health care. If it hurts, say it hurts, if you need another opinion, ask for it, if you feel that going to the next city over means getting into emerg quicker or the treatment you need faster, then do that. Part of that is finding the right doctor as well, but it's hard when so few are accepting new patients.

Off-Topic2.gif

Edited by NLR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.