decocker

Saying racism is over is the new saying you have 'a black friend'

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

are you and harsh the same person?

you could be a poor white kid or a poor black kid. which do you choose?

I do not choose. I get what I get and go from there. I work to make it better and then work to make things better for my kids. I had to work full time ata company that paid my tuition as a benefit and went to school part time to get a bachelors degree. That pretty much sucked, let me tell you! So my kids all have Master's degress or better and never had to work because I worked to pay for it so they could study and get better educatons and better jobs.

whatever. you guys can deny it all you want. i'd rather be a white chick at the bottom of the economic ladder than a black chick. any white person that says otherwise is lying or completely naive..

Or not racist.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Racist are typically people with their own personal self esteem issues. They need a convenient group or "type of person" to blame for the "country's" problems, even if they themselves are responsible for their own situation. Racist can be minorities as well, which is just as ignorant, but really not as effective or as impactful.

I hear them making broad statements on "how those people are". Every person on Welfare is a certain type or mental picture in their head and they are all gaming the system. Yet not all minorities are on welfare.

I think it's just ignorant and it says more about their intelligence level than anything else.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Racism is both a learned and inherent human behavior. So, no, racism is never "over". However, as human beings, we can stop reinforcing those natural tendencies to feel more comfortable around people that look like us, and find ways to celebrate those things that make us different, while looking for those things that make us the same.

Start by opening the borders.

Start by taking the door off of your house.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

is that suppose to be an insult? i was a poor white kid, so i can't really choose

harsh has a habit of not actually reading what i post in response to him, unless the post contains exactly what he wants to hear.

hypothetically, you can choose. your answer just doesn't support your argument.

Edited by val erie

Filed: Timeline

Start by taking the door off of your house.

ohmy.png nimby

harsh has a habit of not actually reading what i post in response to him, unless the post contains exactly what he wants to hear.

hypothetically, you can choose. your answer just doesn't support your argument.

rolleyes.gif back to schooch some more i see. you got that list handy yet?

7yqZWFL.jpg

I have friends that are women. So many have the same names I have to number them. Sveta 1,2 &3 for example.

So you think that blacks are incapable of something? What?

i am a woman. i don't know what your point is.

and really, this approach is not clever gary.

rolleyes.gif back to schooch some more i see. you got that list handy yet?

####### is schooch? side steppin smoke..

I do not choose. I get what I get and go from there. I work to make it better and then work to make things better for my kids. I had to work full time ata company that paid my tuition as a benefit and went to school part time to get a bachelors degree. That pretty much sucked, let me tell you! So my kids all have Master's degress or better and never had to work because I worked to pay for it so they could study and get better educatons and better jobs.

Or not racist.

not choosing wasn't an option, but it does tell me which of the two you'd prefer.

Hey Smoke, you want a list, I got one for you:

Being white means you are never held responsible for anything someone else white does.

Being white means you never have to apologize if someone in the church molests thousands of kids, someone goes on a killing spree, someone steals billions of dollars from folks.

Being white means if someone in the white community screws up, they just go to another white person. Let a man or woman of color make a mistake(doctor, lawyer, dentist,etc) now they don't trust all of us. Don't believe me? Go to the Affirmative Action thread that was closed recently, and read Peter Pan's remarks. This highlights a common thing that happens all the time. A black doctor misdiagnosed her son, so now we are all incompetent. I've heard several white women say they won't date a black guy because someone they know was assaulted or treated bad by one so now by virtue we are all messed up.

Being white means if you are in a white school and get into a fight, you will get mediation and counseling to help you get through it, not arrested and charged with a felony.

Being white means you can walk around at night and no one will ask you what you are doing there. You can go to any neighborhood and folks will just let you be because you can't possibly be up to no good. You're white.

Being white means you can break into someone's car in broad daylight, not only will no one call the cops but they will offer assistance without even asking you if it's your car.

Do you need more cause I can keep going.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

My opinion on this, and I think that I'm right, having experienced it.

It is not about one's race. Really, it isn't. It's about one's cultural identity. The way you talk, the way you act, the way you dress. These are the things that cause people to have 'inter-racial' issues.

It's not at all hard to be accepted into another group, as one of its members. Many people say that it is, but I have been completely accepted in both Japan and Mongolia (I can speak the languages fluently and am very familiar with the cultures.) I have seen countless people who are not accepted as 'same as a Japanese' or 'same as a Mongolian' because they don't learn the language properly (able to speak with the same fluency and pronunciation as a native,) don't act the same, and don't bother trying.

In Southern California, I have seen countless examples of various Asians who act the same as any 'white American.' They were born in the U.S., grew up in wealthy communities, have mainly white friends, and are not looked at as different, at all. There are black people who are in the same boat, believe it or not.

When you get into the urban, low-income, hip hop fashion, ebonics-speaking black people (or Mexicans/white people for that matter), this is where you see what most people describe as racism. I think it's because the cultures are different. I love different cultures, and enjoy interacting with people from various cultures (as do most of us, I'd imagine, since we are mostly married to or engaged to foreigners.) On the other hand, there are some people who don't.

I don't think that race is nearly as much of a reason as culture. I want my stepkids to become bilingual and bicultural. When they are in the U.S., they can smile when the take pictures. When they're in Mongolia, they can look bored when they have their picture taken. When they are in the U.S., they can disagree with their elders, and when they are in Mongolia, they can't. The more adaptable we all become, the more we can fit in with any crowd.

I think people mistake culture-ism for racism.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Hey Smoke, you want a list, I got one for you:

Being white means you are never held responsible for anything someone else white does.

Being white means you never have to apologize if someone in the church molests thousands of kids, someone goes on a killing spree, someone steals billions of dollars from folks.

Being white means if someone in the white community screws up, they just go to another white person. Let a man or woman of color make a mistake(doctor, lawyer, dentist,etc) now they don't trust all of us. Don't believe me? Go to the Affirmative Action thread that was closed recently, and read Peter Pan's remarks. This highlights a common thing that happens all the time. A black doctor misdiagnosed her son, so now we are all incompetent. I've heard several white women say they won't date a black guy because someone they know was assaulted or treated bad by one so now by virtue we are all messed up.

Being white means if you are in a white school and get into a fight, you will get mediation and counseling to help you get through it, not arrested and charged with a felony.

Being white means you can walk around at night and no one will ask you what you are doing there. You can go to any neighborhood and folks will just let you be because you can't possibly be up to no good. You're white.

Being white means you can break into someone's car in broad daylight, not only will no one call the cops but they will offer assistance without even asking you if it's your car.

Do you need more cause I can keep going.

I don't know what the white community is, but I live in a very multi-racial environment. I'm sure that in some states, it's more divided into communities.

I don't think, though, that you should ever deem in necessary to apologize for someone just because they belong to the same racial/ethnic/social group as you. The fact that people need to consider themselves a part of a group based on their race is where this entire problem comes from.

What would Xenu do?