Together4ever

Oh My GOD??!!!!

158 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So wasn't it today that he should get it????? Any news??

It's Friday . . . I think the embassy is closed, isn't it?? So hard to remember that they observe the weekend on different days.

Oh I thought it was a half day. Who knows but the letter said it was issuing "today" so I wonder if that meant Friday or Thursday...but maybe Saturday. lol.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

The Embassy is closed Friday and Saturday always. All but "essential businesses" in Egypt close on Friday. TNT is believe is open tomorrow but I really don't see them moving this fast. I do know Moh will be calling them every day. I hope things can work out for next Friday. All we need to do is purchase the ticket and won't do that without the passport in hand. He would have been on his way last night if it was possible.

Ecccck. Every time I go positive about this my stomach knots up. I think I'll suffer "post traumatic shock syndrome" from this for years.

We're going to pick out our little Christmas tree together!!!! Maybe. I hope. Blah. See?

Oh... and the email meant yesterday. IF it was correct, it should already be issued.

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The Embassy is closed Friday and Saturday always. All but "essential businesses" in Egypt close on Friday. TNT is believe is open tomorrow but I really don't see them moving this fast. I do know Moh will be calling them every day. I hope things can work out for next Friday. All we need to do is purchase the ticket and won't do that without the passport in hand. He would have been on his way last night if it was possible.

Ecccck. Every time I go positive about this my stomach knots up. I think I'll suffer "post traumatic shock syndrome" from this for years.

We're going to pick out our little Christmas tree together!!!! Maybe. I hope. Blah. See?

Jean, you're going to make you're sick like I did when I was going through what you are now. Post tramatic stress? We'll talk later about that one. ;) Love ya girl!

i felt exactly the same way when we were getting closer to getting answers in our case. stress disorder was a definate possibility, i think thats what is making the AOS journey so much more difficult than it needs to be - ie: prior problems with USCIS.

i hope this is the end of the clearance for you.

Jean, you're going to make you're sick like I did when I was going through what you are now. Post tramatic stress? We'll talk later about that one. ;) Love ya girl!

You've been an angel Amy. I wish I could control this! That's my point. Its so ingrained after a year and a frigging half that its like a normal reaction. PATOOEY!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is so understandable. I know we are close, but each day feels like a year! I am an emotional wreck! I am sure when and if I ever hear "come get your visa" I will not believe it until I actually see him in the SCL airport. Until then I won't believe anything!!

Hang in there Jean, you deserve this!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

MABROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK !!!!!!

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I've been on the phone with Mohammed all evening. We're both too afraid to believe this until his passport is in hand. I've cried, laughed, cried, laughed, sat quietly... it's so hard to believe after all these months!

Oh Jean, this is one of the best news that I have seen lately on VJ :dance::dance::dance: taking under consideration what you have been through...I hope that all of your plans will come to soon realization and you will have the sweetest reunion ever. Please keep us posted. I wish you and your fiance all of the best and a long and happy life together...You truly deserve this...It seemed to me that your case was taking forever and you have been very gracious thru it all - a true inspiration. Hope to hear the visa in hand message soon. Stay well...

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Gracious??? Oh... you must have missed the foaming at the mouth and drooling on myself... *wipes her mouth self consciously* I feel I've been an absolute lunatic but I'm beginning to relax a bit. Actually I'm having trouble staying awake at my desk. I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm paying for it now. The drive home should be interesting to say the least. I think I need to mooch some coffee.

The way Cairo handles visas is they require the passports to be submitted with the packet of information the interview. Then upon issuance the passports are delivered by TNT courier service. TNT is supposed to text Moh when they get his passport but he'll be on the phone to them tomorrow so I doubt they'll get a chance. He has the option to go to Cairo to pick it up. TNT sometimes calls first, but it depends on how busy and how reliable they are feeling.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The way Cairo handles visas is they require the passports to be submitted with the packet of information the interview. Then upon issuance the passports are delivered by TNT courier service. TNT is supposed to text Moh when they get his passport but he'll be on the phone to them tomorrow so I doubt they'll get a chance. He has the option to go to Cairo to pick it up. TNT sometimes calls first, but it depends on how busy and how reliable they are feeling.

Oh ok, I knew it was something different than what I saw through Casa.

congratulations! Is he going to Cairo to pick it up? How far is he from there?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't think Mohammed will be leaving anything to chance. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
He lives about an hour away from Cairo by train. Yep, he'll be there with bells on. He's been calling them every day for the last 2 weeks. That passport won't be out of his site. I'm betting he sleeps with it up until the day he leaves.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he goes to TNT. :lol::lol::lol:

I just thought of the PERFECT job for Mohammed, Mystery Shopper. He would be diligent.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.