lost_at_sea

London K applicants to pay MRV fees through new system if interview 26th July+

103 posts in this topic

No - for K1's, the IVU will still set our date. We don't get a choice in the matter. Other types of visa do get asked.

"What's yours is mine!"

You all got me curious so I looked at the sight even though I've got nothing to put in really. I started with Immigrant.

Next was choose country. Oh dear....so many. If this is worldwide, the potential for screw-up is huge. Okay --Untied Kingdom.

Choices:

Courier

Boarding Foil--What??!? Had to google that foil thing. Ended up at Nicaragua embassy. LOL.

I was curious about the next choice "Apply for a K1Visa" because that seemed an odd thing since it starts at USCIS and has nothing to do with this site, but I suppose they mean the DS-form application. So I picked that.

So it wanted me to register. I did with a fake name.

Then it took me to a page where it already had captured my name, UK, email. There was a space to enter

*case number and *appointment date (with the * meaning required. )

I had to stop there. I may try it again with a fake LND and date to see how smart it is.

There are some interesting links below all that fil-in-the-blank part with FAQS, what to do if you are in transition, meaning paid but haven't applied (for the NI visas), how to call from the UK, US, or Skype them for help. Also a list of the NI visas (no K1 isn't on the list just like it isn't on the London website list of NI visas). If you know me, you know I read every link so I read all these.

So back to where I was--"apply for a K1 visa" may be the best choice to get you to K1 stuff. Sorry I have no way to try it out further to see where it takes me. It is clear to me that this is mainly set up for the non-immigrants and once again K1s are the step-child that nothing fits. You guys actually don't even know this yet, but once you enter the US, you'll discover you are a "nothing". So many places don't know how to deal with K1s--banks, Social Security, driver license places, civil surgeons...

You think waiting on an interview is stressful? Just wait until you encounter some of the frustrations being a K1 in the US might offer.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

No - for K1's, the IVU will still set our date. We don't get a choice in the matter. Other types of visa do get asked.

Nobody said otherwise. It had already been clarified at the start of this thread that K1's still have their interview scheduled for them.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

But anyway, I don't think we need to block up this thread having an argument over it, so let's just forget it. I didn't mean to sound arrogant.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Anyway, in other news: A post on the Visa Services blog outlining how the new Collection/Delivery system works (it confirms kind of what we already knew but explains it clearly - collections are included in your MRV fee but if you want it delivered, the cost is £30.)

Once you have attended the Embassy and your visa application is approved, your passport will be returned via the courier service, DX.

DX will deliver your document to a regional hub nearest your place of residence, where you can collect the passport by presenting I.D. This service is included in your MRV fee, there’s no extra charge for the courier!

If you wish to do so, you can select “Home Delivery”, an additional service which will have your passport delivered to your door. This service is an additional £30 per applicant and can only be selected once you have booked your appointment at the Embassy. You can select Home Delivery by returning to your applicant profile once you have booked an appointment. Please note that Home Delivery can only be booked using a credit card.

Source: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=3186

Edit: Makes me wonder a little, actually. First off, price has seemingly gone up - by, what, over £10? Secondly, I'm wondering for that price if it's the before 8am kind of service or what have you.

Edited by Ryan&Amy

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A series of unhelpful posts exchanging bickering personal comments and one violating TOS have been removed. Any further comments like these and the poster will be thread-banned from participating further in this thread. You can disagree with a comment but you do not have the right to make personal attacks on the poster.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

It seems that to really find out whats going on with this system you need an interview scheduled. That is likely why I have not come across the home delivery option yet.

Not sure what went on last night but I got an e mail quote sent to me but I think I was caught up in the crossfire of someone elses argument. Leave me out of it next time please.

Oh good its not just me! That's exactly what I did. tongue.png

Will be satisfying when I can come back to it with an appointment date.

Hahah did u thats a relief, the whole time I was doing it and getting myself into a deeper mess I was thinking oh god nothing is ever easy in this process!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Choices:

Courier

Boarding Foil--What??!? Had to google that foil thing. Ended up at Nicaragua embassy. LOL.

I was curious about the next choice "Apply for a K1Visa" because that seemed an odd thing since it starts at USCIS and has nothing to do with this site, but I suppose they mean the DS-form application. So I picked that.

Lol when I saw "boarding foil" I wasnt sure what it was either, it sounded like some kind of tin foil type kitchen apparatus that one might be given in the departure gate before boarding to wear around oneself as a make shift type foil shawl...

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just paid for the MRV fee online and printed the instruction page (to bring to the interview on friday). The print-out, however, looks anything but official. I'm not sure whether they will look for a 'proper' MRV receipt at the interview or a print-out of the confirmation email with a payment PIN number will suffice. Phoned the call centre and the person I spoke with was ever so useless and had no idea about K1 visas, and told me to refer to the website instead.

Thoughts and experiences, anyone? Thanks!

Timeline

Just paid for the MRV fee online and printed the instruction page (to bring to the interview on friday). The print-out, however, looks anything but official. I'm not sure whether they will look for a 'proper' MRV receipt at the interview or a print-out of the confirmation email with a payment PIN number will suffice. Phoned the call centre and the person I spoke with was ever so useless and had no idea about K1 visas, and told me to refer to the website instead.

Thoughts and experiences, anyone? Thanks!

Please let me know how you were able to pay for the MRV fee online!!!!

My UK fiance created an account on the website, (he can't recall if he hit the "immigrant" or "non immigrant" button, or if he just went to the top right and hit "sign in".

He was able to enter his details (interview date, case number) plus select a courier location, the only option after that was to close the screen. There are no options to edit anything, and just says attend interview.

I noticed the only way to be able to even log into the website now is through the "non-immigrant" button.

He called the call centre line, was on hold for 45 minutes, decided to hang up after that.

His interview is 14th Aug., need to pay the MRV fee, please provide a step by step of how you were able to pay the fee.

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

How long since petition mailed...

event.png

Timeline

Please let me know how you were able to pay for the MRV fee online!!!!

My UK fiance created an account on the website, (he can't recall if he hit the "immigrant" or "non immigrant" button, or if he just went to the top right and hit "sign in".

He was able to enter his details (interview date, case number) plus select a courier location, the only option after that was to close the screen. There are no options to edit anything, and just says attend interview.

I noticed the only way to be able to even log into the website now is through the "non-immigrant" button.

He called the call centre line, was on hold for 45 minutes, decided to hang up after that.

His interview is 14th Aug., need to pay the MRV fee, please provide a step by step of how you were able to pay the fee.

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

He probably clicked on the 'non-immigrant' button as I was never asked to put in my interview date. I chose the 'immigrant' category and just went through page after page. Basically, you just click on continue until after they confirm the payment and direct you to the 'instruction page'.

First was making an account under the immigrant visa category, then I clicked on 'apply for K visa'. It would ask you for applicant's name, case no. (the LND no.), passport no., DOB, nationality, and primary contact no. The next page was choosing a courier hub. The third page is the payment page. Then after payment, I was directed to the instruction page, with all my details plus the 'payment PIN number'.

Let him call again tomorrow. I was also put on hold for 40 mins., so, I hang up. The second attempt, I was on hold for only 10 mins. I reckon he can always just register again using another email address. Best of luck!

Timeline

Donna n Mark, did you get an option for home delivery with the courier?

nobbie, only after you pay will you have the option of home delivery. You still need to choose a DX hub though before paying (I just chose the nearest hub). Once you pay for the visa, if you go to the homepage, there's an option to request for home delivery (thus, the 30usd fee). You can even change your chosen courier hub should you change your mind. All amendments, though, should be done before the interview.

see:

MRV.tiff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.