lost_at_sea

London K applicants to pay MRV fees through new system if interview 26th July+

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay we went on and paid the fee and the courier fee for home delivery since the nearest depot was 30 minutes away (odd that none are in Cardiff)...he got 6 confirmation emails regarding everything...only two slightly odd things:

1= in the K1 Visa email, it has a list of documents to bring and includes "All previous passports, especially those that show any international trips or previously issued visas to the United States."

I've never seen that needed before so I'm assuming that's not for K1 visas?

2 - in the last email, called US DoS visa application confirmation (action required) tells you to courier all your documents yet we know that's not the case for K1 either.

Everything else was pretty straight forward following the instructions. :)

Timeline

Your instincts were correct before you listened to the others. People getting non-imigrant visas have always called for appointments. Now they request online. Not nearly the number of steps and documentation to get a tourist or student visa. A k1 is processed by the immigrant visa unit. They still assign your appointment. You have the wrong kind of appointment I believe.

Boooo. :/ I'm not sure how to cancel or change the appointment now either, with this new system. It's just all so confusing because some of the required forms say non-immigrant and some say immigrant. Do you think if he responded to the appointment email they'd be able to change it? Is there any advice you have for what we should do next?

Otherwise, how can I request the new appointment online?

Thank you for your help, by the way. :)

Edited by grassi

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Where do I find my PIN number after paying MRV and courier? Sorry I'm no very computer savvy which page do we have to print off and take to the interview..... Sorry for so many questions ?

Timeline

Where do I find my PIN number after paying MRV and courier? Sorry I'm no very computer savvy which page do we have to print off and take to the interview..... Sorry for so many questions ?

No worries...... I found it ?

Timeline

I have just checked the ceac website and now it says our case is in "TRANSIT" it also says

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Is this standard ? I didn't get an interview date ....... Talk about a very confusing day

I have just checked the ceac website and now it says our case is in "TRANSIT" it also says

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Is this standard ? I didn't get an interview date ....... Talk about a very confusing day

No. It's not normal. You've gone out of order. You've paid for the visa far too soon. Basic steps intended by the consulate--

1) get a letter from London saying they are ready for you to apply and a link to your instructions

2) complete the four application forms

3) gather your interview documents and make a medical appointment. Notify London when both are done with DS-2001. And of course attend your medical appointment.

4) receive your appointment in the mail, assigned by the consulate, not NVC. Won't happen until 1-3 are done.

5) pay for the visa and schedule the courier

6) attend interview

7) wait for courier to notify you when they will deliver the visa or when you can pick it up from the depot.

According to your timeline, you aren't to #1 yet.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Oh no!!! Story of my life...... Always in too much of a hurry....

I have my forms filled out, I have all my interview documents, my medical is Tuesday.... Will it still work out ok or should I try to talk to someone at the embassy...

I feel like such a dummy

Thanks for your help.

Edited by mb69

Oh no!!! Story of my life...... Always in too much of a hurry....

I have my forms filled out, I have all my interview documents, my medical is Tuesday.... Will it still work out ok or should I try to talk to someone at the embassy...

I feel like such a dummy

Thanks for your help.

Do not worry, I paid for my interview early, as long as you have your case number its ok and you must have as you have scheduled your medical.

The bit about your interview being scheduled by NVC is what they say to everyone but does not apply to K1, London will schedule that

Keep the receipt for MRV fee as they will ask to see it at interview

Timeline

Do not worry, I paid for my interview early, as long as you have your case number its ok and you must have as you have scheduled your medical.

The bit about your interview being scheduled by NVC is what they say to everyone but does not apply to K1, London will schedule that

Keep the receipt for MRV fee as they will ask to see it at interview

Thank you nobbie I was feeling quite ill thinking I could have messed everything up...... Yes I do have our case number and the Invoice ID number...... So what do I do now? Go to medical on Tuesday then ????? Wait to send off any forms to the embassy until I hear from them? So confusing.......

(By the way, Nobbie is a great name, it's my dad's nickname) ?

Thanks again for putting my mind at rest.

Thank you nobbie I was feeling quite ill thinking I could have messed everything up...... Yes I do have our case number and the Invoice ID number...... So what do I do now? Go to medical on Tuesday then ????? Wait to send off any forms to the embassy until I hear from them? So confusing.......

(By the way, Nobbie is a great name, it's my dad's nickname) ?

Thanks again for putting my mind at rest.

So sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I meant you wouldn't be getting an interview already assigned and it was not normal to expect one based on that status. So I kinda outlined the general plan of how it goes before the embassy sends out the Interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

So sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I meant you wouldn't be getting an interview already assigned and it was not normal to expect one based on that status. So I kinda outlined the general plan of how it goes before the embassy sends out the Interview.

Thanks Nich-Nick I am glad that you did explain, my head has been all over the place this week.... My fiance is in the process of moving ( we just bought a house), he is also in the process of changing jobs, the dog was sick so had to go to the vet, my son was in an accident (thankfully no one injured) of all people with a police officer ( it was the police's fault and they have claimed liability) and this too, it's all been a little crazy, I appreciate your explanation...thank you....

?

The status update is very generic. It applies to every kind of visa there is, so don't read too much into the wording as if it was personally written to you. It's like they have a few choices of what to pick so they pick one. That statement is more true to a spouse visa processed at NVC than to a K1. They "transit" to the consulate once everything is done and the interview has been assigned.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i need help guys.

Received my I/L via Email today , cut a long story short i followed links to the site where you pay MRV fees,

Firtsly let me say we have an attorney - do they pay this for us or do i have to pay it before attending the interview ???

Also i didnt see an option for IMMGRANT VISA only k visas, so i just clicked on that.

I filled in my appointment date and time, then i got to where you pay this MRV fee and i want ot be sure if it is me who pays or our attorney. Always a Friday i get mail from NVC !!!.

Would i have to somehow delete that i clicked on noneimmigrant and change to IMMIGRANT if so how do i do that please?

Oh this part is no easier than the attorney we hired.

Thanks for your replys .

I would like to add i have applied for IMMIGRANT VISA cr1/i130 , married already to my husband in USA.

Edited by justoleme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.