14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

Here is the situation. I will continue to post in this thread as I may have a few questions.

My fiancee and I are starting the K1 process. We aren't too far into the process.

We're really hoping everything will be smooth sailing after this.

A little background. Him and I meet online. Not even a dating site. It was a bodybuilding message fourm. We started chatting on there, eventually moving to skype, leading into meeting, and starting an amazing relationship, next thing, he popped the question.

I'm in Canada. He lives in the States.

My question is, in regards to the "how we met" section. Exactly, what format do I use? Or, do I just state exactly how it all started off, giving dates, etc.?

Thank you,

GermanCanadian

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Duplicate posting removed~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

State you met online and then give the how, where and when of your face-to-face meeting(s) within the last 2 years.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you! Just pretty much who, what, where, when, why, how... Got it..

Oh, then I read somewhere that, once the k1 has been submitted, I may not be able to enter the states?

We're uncertain about him coming to Canada due to a criminal record. We are trying this weekend for him to come here. Hopefully he can.

Timeline

Once the k1 is submitted, YOU STILL CAN visit. You may just have to bring proof of ties...something bringing you back (work, rental agreements, etc). But, travel from Canada to the states is usually pretty easy so, don't panic too much!

What we put for ours was "met on an online forum in 2008, met for the first time when she came down to visit for New Years 2010" or something along those lines. Hocked up on cold meds right now, bear with me lol

(And nope, ours wasn't a dating forum either. Volvos. Lol. It's funny how that works out sometimes!)

Best of luck! Don't forget to go through the examples and stuff on this forum, make sure you get everything (you'll need passport style pictures from within the last six months, that form of your life story (can't remember number again cold meds), statement of intent to marry...all must be originals. From his end, he's gotta do the 129f, that same life story form, the cheque/money order/whatever $340 fee, background info and proof of citizenship.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

Thank you Pro Star, it's nice to know there are other couples out there in the same situation, I appreciate it!

I didn't think it would be hard to travel back and forth, both of us are close to the border, and I'm sure my boss can write something stating i go back to work on a specific date.

Timeline

Yeah. That's handy at least :) he's a two day drive from me...or three hour flight lol.

I haven't gone down since we applied, I've stretched myself financially to get the house all pretty and have it sell quick (still hasn't, to say I'm stressing is an understatement) but..I'm thinking of going down in October. But it all depends on where we are at. Gotta also remember ill have to head to Vancouver for medical and consulate interviews. Least it's only a day's drive...or a quick flight.

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

Yeah. That's handy at least smile.png he's a two day drive from me...or three hour flight lol.

I haven't gone down since we applied, I've stretched myself financially to get the house all pretty and have it sell quick (still hasn't, to say I'm stressing is an understatement) but..I'm thinking of going down in October. But it all depends on where we are at. Gotta also remember ill have to head to Vancouver for medical and consulate interviews. Least it's only a day's drive...or a quick flight.

Yeah, I'm a three hour drive from him. So it's not too bad. I take the greyhound down to see him and it's a nice peaceful ride. We're just at the start of our process, I just wrote the part where we and how we met. He has to do something with the court house and, our stuff will be sent.

So Pro, you will be coming to Canada to stay with your Fiancee?

Timeline

Lol I'm the Canadian, I'm near Calgary area. ;) he's down in California.

He's not plotting a voyage up just yet - he's hopeful that things go quick...and he was just up not that long ago at least. It's...cheaper than it could be but still expensive to visit unfortunately.

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

Oh nice!

Is it exciting to know that finally you can be together? I know it is for me! It's a little hard for us right now to see each other often. We kind of meet half way, it does get pricey. I work in the tourist industry too and it's our busy time. Hard to get three day weekends and lose a days pay when it's time to save because, there will be a period where I can't work for a little.

Slow process times suck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Follow the guides here and you will be all right.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Do NOT send the I-129 package to the embassy. Please read the instructions carefully and follow the guides on here.

Good luck

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Timeline

What ckurt said.

Also, to save you from doing my mistake, not all American embassies do the interviews. You're going to end up either going to Montreal or Vancouver.

Any questions, ask :)

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.