Meera12

I GOT MY INTERVIEW!!!!! Yay!!!

29 posts in this topic

I have been asking for advice and information from everyone on here and close family/friends/relatives who have experience in this.

I got my interview on August 4, 2013. Unbelievable!!!

God knows how long I have been waiting to reunite with my husband. I can't wait to see him and be in his arms.

Can anyone advise me on the interview process, questions, and documents that may be required/

Regards

Meera

Congrats!! So happy to hear your husband has an interview date!!!

on a not as happy note:

I would go over the AP regulations for Afghanistan. It's likely that your husband will be put into mandatory AP and it would be best if you both prepared for that eventuality.

***Moved from process and procedures to progress reports ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Congrats!

August 4 is a Sunday - Check to make sure that date is correct. Good luck!

USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

Hey,

Thanks for the update. I will check that out. But honestly, I don't know why people assume that Afghanistan will always get AP. I have two friends here, who had their spouses come on a CR-1 Visa. They are US Citizens and been living here since the past 15-30 years. And they had no Administrative Processing.

I have a cousin who lives in New York. He applied for a petition of a fiance visa and she was here within 6 months. So I don't know why people keep scaring me with those types of info and details. On my last post, which I was asking about how long it may pass before I get an interview date, someone said, "oh your case is Afghanistan. That usually takes more than a year."

And, look, what happened! An interview within 2 months of receiving notice that my case was complete at NVC. TWO!!! ONLY 2!!! And they said, more than a year on my post. dancin5hr.gif

I'll ask around about AP in Afghanistan.

BUT

I'm happy and its a happy day.

With all due respect,

Meera

Congrats!

Thanks. They work on Sundays in Afghanistan. And on their calendar it falls on a Saturday. The only days they don't work in Afghanistan is Thursday and Friday. That's like their weekend.

Thanks, though.

Congrats!

Thanks. They work on Sundays in Afghanistan. And on their calendar it falls on a Saturday. The only days they don't work in Afghanistan is Thursday and Friday. That's like their weekend.

Thanks, though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats on your interview date Meera! On the pdf document that the NVC sent you about your interview there should be a checklist of documents. Carry all originals that weren't submitted to them. Organize your files in packets. Basically carry a copy of ALL paperwork sent the to the NVC so they can give you back your originals. Include your appointment letter,copy of DS-230,2 passport photos,massive evidence proving your genuine relationship. And a novel to read while waiting :) This list is off the top of my head so just clarify from other posts on here. All the best,mine is on July 29th.

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Meera it is a VERY happy day! I don't want to take anything away from that and you should celebrate!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm so happy for you smile.pngsmile.png I'm waiting for my husbands interview date, hopefully very soon. I haven't been with him for 1 year and 7 months now sad.png

Edited by AllUneedisLove

Meera...congrats!!

Alluneedislove...I have not seen my husband for same amount of time as u (1 year & 7 months). I am a feb 2012 filer. My question is y haven't u gotten an interview at this point? Did u file at later date?

Meera...congrats!!

Alluneedislove...I have not seen my husband for same amount of time as u (1 year & 7 months). I am a feb 2012 filer. My question is y haven't u gotten an interview at this point? Did u file at later date?

I filed in September 2012. You filed in Feb. 2012? That's odd. you have not received your interview date yet? Do you know if it has been transferred to the embassy, yet?

Regards

Meera

Congrats on your interview date Meera! On the pdf document that the NVC sent you about your interview there should be a checklist of documents. Carry all originals that weren't submitted to them. Organize your files in packets. Basically carry a copy of ALL paperwork sent the to the NVC so they can give you back your originals. Include your appointment letter,copy of DS-230,2 passport photos,massive evidence proving your genuine relationship. And a novel to read while waiting smile.png This list is off the top of my head so just clarify from other posts on here. All the best,mine is on July 29th.

WOW.

Thanks for all that info. I didn't know most of which you have written. Thanks so much. I will definitely organize them since that seems like a much better idea than what I had planned,

Regards

Meera

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congrats Meera Jan on getting the interview date... Are you planning on going to the interview with your husband? I think that with a CR-1 you can attend the interview. I wasn't able to attend because we were getting the K1 Visa...

Now about the AP process... from what I have been hearing and what the counselor told my fiance after his interview is that all males get place on mandatory AP from Afghanistan. I think that when your family members came that was 15-30 years ago and things have change since then... now as far as the females they usually don't place them on AP only a few will get placed on AP... But all males have been getting placed on AP.

My fiance had his interview on the 29th of May and he was placed on AP and we don't know how long it's going to take... Hopefully it won't be that long and hopefully you guys will not have to wait that long either..

Again not to take away from you day... Just think one day at a time and Insha'allah everything will be ok...

Take Care

Myra

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Meera...congrats!!

Maht Jan, did your husband have his interview already? and if he did was he also place on AP?

Can you please update your TIMELINE so that we can get an Idea were everyone is at in this process... Thanks

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey,

Thanks for the update. I will check that out. But honestly, I don't know why people assume that Afghanistan will always get AP. I have two friends here, who had their spouses come on a CR-1 Visa. They are US Citizens and been living here since the past 15-30 years. And they had no Administrative Processing.

Pre 9-11 there was most likely no AP, most likely you could get it. Just focus on passing the interview. Good luck smile.png

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Meera jan and myra&ashiq, i filed for my husband in feb. 2012 and he did have his interview in Kabul in feb. 2013. He has been placed under the infamous AP since. I will update my timeline as soon as I figure out how to lol I am new to this forum. I have not seen him for 1 year and 7 months. Do u guys know if will affect our case? Like the longer we go without seeing them, they will question the authenticity of the relationship? Our marriage is very much genuine. It's just that I have so much obligations here I can't just get up and leave when I want to. I'm curious about other members on here...how long did u go without seeing ur significant other?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.