ACAwan

RFE help needed...

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ok, i did talk to a tier 2 rep and she was just as useless, she said i cant tell you what you need to send in, i am not the person approving your case...

My RFE says this: You stated on your Form I-129F, petition for Alien Fiance, that you physically met your fiance in march 2012. You submitted airplane ticket receipts, a copy of the stamp in your passport, and photos. While the photographs show both you and your fiance, they do not show that you met during the 2 yer period prior to December 28, 2012. The airplane tickets and passport also show that you traveled to the United Arab Emirates in March 2012, but according to your fiances Form 325A biographic information, your fiance was living in Pakistan until June 2012. Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 26, 2010 until December 26, 2012, the filing date of your petition.

Do you think that they want passport stamps and boarding passes from my fiance showing that he too traveled to UAE??? as i failed to send those in.

Im thinking that i will send in his passport stamps and boarding passes, and he is going to write a letter stating the circumstances why he stayed longer in UAE(was looking for job there). Does anyone know if those things will be enough???

And should i resubmit everything that i sent in originally, the RFE states that they have all of that evidence already, so are those necessary.......

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

It appears you received an RFI because the information you provided is conflicting. There is section on the g-325a requesting residents address and if you indicated the beneficiary was never in UAE how could you have met there. If he/she was looking to relocate to UAE(looking for a job) you should have included that address as hers/his present address. I can see how this may have been confusing to you but that appears to be your problem. I would include a corrected g-325a form and all supporting document that he/she was actually there when you met. An explanation letter of misunderstanding the form may also be helpful. I have met my husband in a third country and we made sure it was listed on his g-325a form. Just an idea but maybe other Vj members can confirm.

Good Luck to you!

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

It appears you received an RFI because the information you provided is conflicting. There is section on the g-325a requesting residents address and if you indicated the beneficiary was never in UAE how could you have met there. If he/she was looking to relocate to UAE(looking for a job) you should have included that address as hers/his present address. I can see how this may have been confusing to you but that appears to be your problem. I would include a corrected g-325a form and all supporting document that he/she was actually there when you met. An explanation letter of misunderstanding the form may also be helpful. I have met my husband in a third country and we made sure it was listed on his g-325a form. Just an idea but maybe other Vj members can confirm.

Good Luck to you!

I appreciate your look on things here, but i did include his new address and that he is living in UAE now. all job info also was on his forms. Im thinking that me just sending in HIS passport stamps and boarding passes should be enough.......???????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I appreciate your look on things here, but i did include his new address and that he is living in UAE now. all job info also was on his forms. Im thinking that me just sending in HIS passport stamps and boarding passes should be enough.......???????

Hmmmm......Here is the part of the RFI that made me believe his information on the g-325a was conflicting "The airplane tickets and passport also show that you traveled to the United Arab Emirates in March 2012, but according to your fiances Form 325A biographic information, your fiance was living in Pakistan until June 2012. Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 26, 2010 until December 26, 2012, the filing date of your petition" ....base on that, you were not in the country at the same time. If he was in Pakistan from let say....1/1/12 to 6/1/13, how can you meet in UAE in March of 2012? Or am I misunderstanding the RFI?

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Hmmmm......Here is the part of the RFI that made me believe his information on the g-325a was conflicting "The airplane tickets and passport also show that you traveled to the United Arab Emirates in March 2012, but according to your fiances Form 325A biographic information, your fiance was living in Pakistan until June 2012. Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 26, 2010 until December 26, 2012, the filing date of your petition" ....base on that, you were not in the country at the same time. If he was in Pakistan from let say....1/1/12 to 6/1/13, how can you meet in UAE in March of 2012? Or am I misunderstanding the RFI?

His address was Pakistani at the time, but he was visiting UAB to meet his fiance as well. I don't think form g-325a asks to list addresses of all visitations, just all addresses of residence. So he just needs to prove that his fiance was also visiting UAE in March 2012 while still living in Pakistan.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

For the I129f process, the petitioner has to prove with "primary" evidence that he/she has met the beneficiary in person. Pictures, emails, facebook messages are not considered "primary" evidence of meeting in person !!! Primary evidence for having met in the last two years includes passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts, etc. Anything that proves without a doubt that you were in the same place at the same time. Secondary evidence is photographs of the two of you together. The requirement is to have met in the last two years, not just to have "met." I think with the internet, people don't realize that people might have met 6 years ago, or be childhood friends, or have had some other "meeting" that was not in the last two years. The photos show that they met. They don't show when that was.Affidavits will help round out the package, but generally aren't taken for that sort of proof by themselves.

Receipts or bank statements showing activity in the opposite country will do the trick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi...its been a long time waiting and on july 3, 2012 i get an RFE...just my luck.

so, i got the hard copy finally today, july 11, and it was so vague what they want that im very confused what to send...The RFE states that i did not submit proof that we have met in the last 2 years, but i did submit pictures with dates and names on them and my airline boarding passes, passport stamps, and hotel receipt...when i called USCIS today about this, the customer service rep told me MAYBE submit affadavits from people who know we were there in UAE meeting and also she suggested possibly showing his plane boarding passes(as he had a pakistan address until june 2012 and we met in march 2012) and passport stamps...

Just so vague what they want sent in...

she also suggested that maybe we are trying to commit fraud, which we are NOT doing...

any advice??

i guess try to get affidavits from family and friends. also phone records, text msgs, etc

Jeanne Robertson-Stewart

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Igor's list

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=2&option=3&sortby=2

I am the petitioner

• July 21, 2011 Met at Margaritaville in MoBay
  • February 14, 2013 Engaged
  • 5/15/13 I-129F notice from post office
  • 5/16/13 Received date
  • 5/20/13 NOA1
  • 5/23/13 I-797C, NOA
  • 5/28/13 your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).
  • 8/8/13 STILL WAITING mad.gif
  • 9/4/13 Petition transferred (to TX I'm guessing)
  • 9/19/13 NOA2
  • 9/21/13 received NOA2 hardcopy
  • 9/23/13 shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing
  • 10/1/13 NVC received
  • 10/2/13 left NVC
  • 11/25/2013 Received 221g requesting DNA testing on 2 of the 3 kids
  • 01/28/2014 DNA testing complete
  • 01/31/2014 DNA results in (he is the daddy...lol)
  • 02/04/2014 Letter mailed requesting passports to continue process
  • 02/11/2014 sent passports via DHL
  • 02/12/2014 Passports received by embassy
AOS

April 8, 2015....Application received

May 8, 2015....Biometric complete

May 27, 2015..Request for EAD expedite

June 3, 2015 ..Faxed expedite proof....waiting response....fingers crossed

June 4, 2015, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

June 18, 2015 EAD CARD APPROVED AWAITING DELIVERY!!!

June 24,2015 EAD/AP combo card picked up by USPS

June 25, 2015 EAD/AP card received

October 6, 2015 email stating greencards in production!!!

Well, i sent in the response to my RFE today....i hope and pray that his passport stamps, boarding passes and visa entry permits are enough to get an approval...........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

ACAwan: Good luck with the RFE response.

I got a similar RFE on 5/30/2013. I was missing the passport stamps, so I sent them that, and they got my response on 6/5/2013, but I have not heard anything yet.

My NOA1 date is 2/1/2013.

..... waiting patiently

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.