ACAwan

RFE help needed...

24 posts in this topic

Hi...its been a long time waiting and on july 3, 2012 i get an RFE...just my luck.

so, i got the hard copy finally today, july 11, and it was so vague what they want that im very confused what to send...The RFE states that i did not submit proof that we have met in the last 2 years, but i did submit pictures with dates and names on them and my airline boarding passes, passport stamps, and hotel receipt...when i called USCIS today about this, the customer service rep told me MAYBE submit affadavits from people who know we were there in UAE meeting and also she suggested possibly showing his plane boarding passes(as he had a pakistan address until june 2012 and we met in march 2012) and passport stamps...

Just so vague what they want sent in...

she also suggested that maybe we are trying to commit fraud, which we are NOT doing...

any advice??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi...its been a long time waiting and on july 3, 2012 i get an RFE...just my luck.

so, i got the hard copy finally today, july 11, and it was so vague what they want that im very confused what to send...The RFE states that i did not submit proof that we have met in the last 2 years, but i did submit pictures with dates and names on them and my airline boarding passes, passport stamps, and hotel receipt...when i called USCIS today about this, the customer service rep told me MAYBE submit affadavits from people who know we were there in UAE meeting and also she suggested possibly showing his plane boarding passes(as he had a pakistan address until june 2012 and we met in march 2012) and passport stamps...

Just so vague what they want sent in...

she also suggested that maybe we are trying to commit fraud, which we are NOT doing...

any advice??

Customer Service Reps are completely useless. They give bad information all the time. You need to call and ask to speak to a "Tier 2 Immigration Officer". They will be able to give you more detail and information.

What will help us guide you along is if you posted the evidence you provided already, and exactly what the RFE stated you need to provide.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

If you have boarding passes and passport stamps that you did not submit the first time, send those (and re-include the ones you already sent). If you have more photos of you together, especially in groups with friends of family, send those too. Also, it may be the 2 year part they're unconvinced about - they may believe you've met, but not within the 2 year time span - so do your boarding passes and stamps you sent the first time occur within the last 2 years?

The affidavits are not an entirely bad idea.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

I'm guessing it is the fact your fiance was technically living in Pakistan when you went to visit in UAE. So yes, you probably need to provide proof that you both were there and not just you.

barata-gif-3.gif

I'm guessing it is the fact your fiance was technically living in Pakistan when you went to visit in UAE. So yes, you probably need to provide proof that you both were there and not just you.

I provided everythign from me, and i guess i should have provided his evidence as well, but he was staying in dubai at that time looking for his job. so the info he does have may not be specifically for march 19 and 20 like my evidence shows.......

I did call USCIS but i had to go outside so i could not wait to speak to a tier 2 person, nor could i put in for a call back...

why do they have to be so vague?????.........................

I provided everythign from me, and i guess i should have provided his evidence as well, but he was staying in dubai at that time looking for his job. so the info he does have may not be specifically for march 19 and 20 like my evidence shows.......

I did call USCIS but i had to go outside so i could not wait to speak to a tier 2 person, nor could i put in for a call back...

why do they have to be so vague?????.........................

You need to look at it through the eyes of the adjuctator. YOU knew where he was at the time, and you perhaps even told USCIS where he was at the time. But they need PROOF of this. All they see was that his address was Pakistani at the time and all the proof you gave was only proof that you were in UAE at the time. Just telling them that he was also in UAE is not sufficient. They need proof, or we would all not need to provide proof of a meetup in any of our applications either.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

You need to look at it through the eyes of the adjuctator. YOU knew where he was at the time, and you perhaps even told USCIS where he was at the time. But they need PROOF of this. All they see was that his address was Pakistani at the time and all the proof you gave was only proof that you were in UAE at the time. Just telling them that he was also in UAE is not sufficient. They need proof, or we would all not need to provide proof of a meetup in any of our applications either.

You are right! im just feeling bad that i indeed made a mistake and it is costing us valuable time...I will just have my fiance get copies of his passport and boarding passes and even have him draw up a affadavit showing that he was in UAE and pakistan....and i might as well do the affadavit as well. i am not going to resubmit my evidence as they have it already at USCIS...i just hope that what i do send will be enough.

thanks for the advice everyone!

if anyone still has any other helpful info i will gladly read it here.

You are right! im just feeling bad that i indeed made a mistake and it is costing us valuable time...I will just have my fiance get copies of his passport and boarding passes and even have him draw up a affadavit showing that he was in UAE and pakistan....and i might as well do the affadavit as well. i am not going to resubmit my evidence as they have it already at USCIS...i just hope that what i do send will be enough.

thanks for the advice everyone!

if anyone still has any other helpful info i will gladly read it here.

No, resubmit the evidence you sent already as well. Sometimes RFEs are in error because things get overlooked. You never know if that is the reason you got one.

But yes, do submit his passport pages and boarding passes as well. A few more pieces of evidence like pictures and affidavits won't hurt either.

Paint the whole picture of your meetup for them.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

No, resubmit the evidence you sent already as well. Sometimes RFEs are in error because things get overlooked. You never know if that is the reason you got one.

But yes, do submit his passport pages and boarding passes as well. A few more pieces of evidence like pictures and affidavits won't hurt either.

Paint the whole picture of your meetup for them.

Thanks for your advice......

Yes we had the exact same rfe and had supplied the same information, I will post the link to the thread we made to describe how we organized the reply

Thank you for the input!

Customer Service Reps are completely useless. They give bad information all the time. You need to call and ask to speak to a "Tier 2 Immigration Officer". They will be able to give you more detail and information.

What will help us guide you along is if you posted the evidence you provided already, and exactly what the RFE stated you need to provide.

Ok, i did talk to a tier 2 rep and she was just as useless, she said i cant tell you what you need to send in, i am not the person approving your case...

My RFE says this: You stated on your Form I-129F, petition for Alien Fiance, that you physically met your fiance in march 2012. You submitted airplane ticket receipts, a copy of the stamp in your passport, and photos. While the photographs show both you and your fiance, they do not show that you met during the 2 yer period prior to December 28, 2012. The airplane tickets and passport also show that you traveled to the United Arab Emirates in March 2012, but according to your fiances Form 325A biographic information, your fiance was living in Pakistan until June 2012. Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 26, 2010 until December 26, 2012, the filing date of your petition.

Do you think that they want passport stamps and boarding passes from my fiance showing that he too traveled to UAE??? as i failed to send those in.

Im thinking that i will send in his passport stamps and boarding passes, and he is going to write a letter stating the circumstances why he stayed longer in UAE(was looking for job there). Does anyone know if those things will be enough???

And should i resubmit everything that i sent in originally, the RFE states that they have all of that evidence already, so are those necessary.......

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Ok, i did talk to a tier 2 rep and she was just as useless, she said i cant tell you what you need to send in, i am not the person approving your case...

My RFE says this: You stated on your Form I-129F, petition for Alien Fiance, that you physically met your fiance in march 2012. You submitted airplane ticket receipts, a copy of the stamp in your passport, and photos. While the photographs show both you and your fiance, they do not show that you met during the 2 yer period prior to December 28, 2012. The airplane tickets and passport also show that you traveled to the United Arab Emirates in March 2012, but according to your fiances Form 325A biographic information, your fiance was living in Pakistan until June 2012. Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 26, 2010 until December 26, 2012, the filing date of your petition.

Do you think that they want passport stamps and boarding passes from my fiance showing that he too traveled to UAE??? as i failed to send those in.

Im thinking that i will send in his passport stamps and boarding passes, and he is going to write a letter stating the circumstances why he stayed longer in UAE(was looking for job there). Does anyone know if those things will be enough???

And should i resubmit everything that i sent in originally, the RFE states that they have all of that evidence already, so are those necessary.......

Thanks

So yeah, the others were right - they don't believe you met in the UAE because you left out his boarding pass/stamps.

Submit proof that you were both there together, and that should be good (yes, his boarding pass and stamps are good - do you also have some photos from that trip, or hotel receipts, dinner receipts? Just to give the trip a little more solidity, not required.).

He doesn't need to explain why he was there longer, as far as I can tell, but if it makes you feel better you can.

Resubmit everything you already sent, plus the missing stuff to show you were BOTH there together, and put a cover letter on it so it spells out exactly where you both were and what evidence you've provided to prove it!

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Thanks

This is EXACTLY what I expected. That's not vague at all. The person who wrote the RFE specifically indicated that despite what you sent proving your presence in UAB during the said dates, your fiance had a Pakistani address during the said dates. Hence, proof is needed of his whereabouts during those dates as well as yours.

I would write a cover letter, pointing out the exact dates of your meetup. Then explain why the fiance was there with you in UAB despite his Pakistani address. Then list the evidence that you will present that he was indeed with you - his boarding passes, passport stamps, etc. Basically the same as your evidence. Then on evidence itself, circle or highlight the dates and names on those passport stamps and boarding passes showing this. And, yes, include yours too, to show the correlation. Job done.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.