ezekiel2020

please need your help on evidence of good married

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, please I am new here and need you guys help concerning AOS from B1 visa. I am married to a USC but we are presently living with her brother we only have a joint account in our names and our wedding photos. Can her brother attestate we are leaving with him and other members of the family attestate that we are married in good faith as we don't have joint insurance,joint lease car and other stuff? Please I need your help on what we can do before taking our parkage in for AOS. Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Any utilities or look for like a cheap dental insurance and add both names or open a macy's card for example in both your names.Also as photos Go take a couple of photos like in the park at Home, on the beach at the movies different locations are important.I was asked why i had only one location Photos.

Make sure Wife knows Brothers full names and can spell them and vice versa,they like that question alot especially if living together,you have to know her brothers Names ;)

Practice some questions as well,those officers can ask anything really...what did you eat last night,what did you guys do on her birthday and vice versa.Make sure wife know your full legal names and can spell them and vice versa as well as D.O.B

Timeline

Thank you very much for your answer I really appreciate it, but the problem we are having opening all this insurance stuffs is because I don't have an ssn yet and my phone is also on my wife family name but not both of us names. And hope her being a student won't be a deal deal breaker too she just got admited into the university

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Globe life Insurance, take out polcies on each other, $1.00 starts the first month of coverage. and they dont ask for S.S. #'s or anything , just a few medical questions, and polcies are approved...... Take one out on both of you's, and make each other the beneficiary......... Good Life insurance, cheap,and shows you care about each other if one

passes away...... The polcies will show the beneficary of your policy and hers too.... Good evidence for USCIS......

Timeline

Thanks so much for your reply, please my wife is a student and only filed tax just this year what can we do ? Because she's not qualify under the poverty guideline to fully sponsor me. please I need your help on how to go about it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks so much for your reply, please my wife is a student and only filed tax just this year what can we do ? Because she's not qualify under the poverty guideline to fully sponsor me. please I need your help on how to go about it.

You will need a joint sponsor. Someone who makes above the poverty guideline minimums.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Timeline

Please we only have joint bank account, wedding photos,joint car tittle and we live together with my wife brother who happens to be my friend. And my mother inlaw in now willing to be the co sponsor since my wife didn't mee the poverty guideline, are we okay with this please?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please we only have joint bank account, wedding photos,joint car tittle and we live together with my wife brother who happens to be my friend. And my mother inlaw in now willing to be the co sponsor since my wife didn't mee the poverty guideline, are we okay with this please?

No one can say for sure if you will be "okay" .

Here are some ideas:

• Recent Joint bank account statements
  • Most recent Joint tax return
  • Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation
  • Joint Medical Insurance Coverage (Insurance Cards)
  • Joint Utility Bills (Phone, National Grid, Cable, etc)
  • Automobile Insurance confirmation/ownership confirmation with both of your names
  • Original Photos of both of you together (provide photocopies as well): USCIS likes annotated photos, scrapbooks and photo albums identifying the date, occasion, location and individuals
  • Correspondence, cards, emails, letters to each other
  • Wedding ceremony photos or invitations
  • Letter from the official who married you both confirming the religious ceremony
  • Lease agreement showing both names
  • Evidence of joint property ownership: deed, mortgage documents
  • Letter from landlord verifying that you both live together
  • Letters from friends and family members confirming your marriage based on personal knowledge: specific details of your relationship, how you met, etc. would be a welcomed addition to any such letter. These letters should be notarized if possible.
  • Correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address: utility bills, or any other correspondence
  • Birth certificate of your child (if applicable)
  • Wills
  • Living Will/Health Care Proxy listing each other
  • Emergency Contact Designation listing each other as contacts
  • Any other evidence you can think of that might show your shared life together

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.