Ashi Sajid

Interview Questions for Spouse Visa - DESPERATE HELP! (merged)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

My husband will be interviewed next week inshAllah at the Islamabad embassy,( I am a US born Citizen) but I had a few questions:

I am 6 months pregnant and have been with my husband since our marriage which is more than about a year, WILL THAT CREATE A PROBLEM?

Is it okay if I don't accompany my husband to the interview?

Will it be an issue if my husband tells them I am in the U.S?

Timeline

You should never lie! If you are living in pakistan, your husband must tell them honest answer! If you are in US currently, you should state that information.

You are not able to attend interview because you are pregnant? Or any other reasons? Why are you planning to lie about being in US when you are not?

Do you have joint sponsor for your affidavit?

Timeline

I was planning to go with him but there r folks that r telling me not to go with him.

And they were also telling me not to let them know about my current residence location because it may delay the process.

Timeline

Hi,

I seem to be a bit stressed out... Here it goes:

The case with me is I am a US Citizen, 6 months pregnant, been living with my husband oversears for 1.5 years ever since our marriage.

My husband will be going for an interview next week InshAllah, and his sponsor is my Father i.e his Father n law who is a US citizen

Will it create an issue that I have been living with my husband for so long???

Will it be helpful if I accompany him to the interview?

Many people are telling me not to say that I have been with my husband and that I have been living in the states which I am afraid of therefore I am asking you guys for help.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, living together is a plus and will make approval easier.

Since you have a co-sponsor to help with the financial part, there is no problem at all you living abroad- it is a good thing.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I was planning to go with him but there r folks that r telling me not to go with him.

And they were also telling me not to let them know about my current residence location because it may delay the process.

afarooq101..wel i dont understand why you are trying to hide that you are not in pakistan basically its a good sign that you are here and this will help to get visa,but one thing i don not understand that if you or your husband tried to lie with CO than forget about the visa because they have all your entry and exit record and they know that where you are now,so be gentle and tell the reality other wise we male in pakistan are waiting in AP from years so think about this long AP before trying to hide anything...

Timeline

No, living together is a plus and will make approval easier.

Since you have a co-sponsor to help with the financial part, there is no problem at all you living abroad- it is a good thing.

I agree with Penguin! It is a good thing..

I know interview process is stressful but please be honest and Allah will do what's right for you.. Planning to lie could make situation more bad for you. Remember if your husband goes through administrative processing, they can do field investigation and talk to your neighbors, shop keeper, and others.

Timeline

I agree. I have been living with my husband for 18 months and went to the interview with him. I was asked 2-3 questions including when I plan to return to the US. No issues at all with our case except AP...that is just mandatory.

Timeline

Virgo, thanks for your response :)

I'm glad I joined this forum because I have changed my mind and I am planning to go with my husband to the interview .

Timeline

Virgo, thanks for your response smile.png

I'm glad I joined this forum because I have changed my mind and I am planning to go with my husband to the interview .

thanks for understanding because this will help you a lot as my wife us citizen living here with me from last 3 years went for interview togather and co asked few question from me and few from her,so its good sign that you are here with your husband.

Timeline

@ Virgo, may I ask you what they asked specifially? If you can kindly share with me, it will help me have somewhat of an idea.

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

@ Virgo, may I ask you what they asked specifially? If you can kindly share with me, it will help me have somewhat of an idea.

Thanks in advance!

afarooq..wel they just asked basic question how long you know each other?how did you met?who arranged your wedding?how many people were present?show the pictures?asked my wife to show your us passport?asked her are you relative?and also he focused on us domicile just to clear for you that my wife is here with me from last 3 years so specially he focused on domicile but we have already arranged job letter for my wife and accomodation letter for both of us from usa ,one of our family frnd have resturant there and he mailed us job letter and accomodation letter and my wife showed it to CO than he said thats fine no problem....but at the end its common AP in pakistan so we are suffering...if you need any kind of help or information,you are most welcome to ask...btw when is your hubbys interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, the folks are telling you this, because apparently you haven't addressed domicile issues listed in the I-864.

Go back to the people telling you things, and ask them about how to prove-up re-establishing domicile in the USA, how to generate these proofs, which MUST BE SHOWN on interview day.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.