Kubey Jr.

a tad bit of panic and upest but trying to...

29 posts in this topic

still dont understand what out of status means and how bad a situation that is?.....is it very bad?....or do you just hold on tight while paperwork and interviews are scheduled....i mean if i go back to the time where i was waaaaay over the deadline for Notice of Action......they started to require statements of intent written and notorised....would that be what would happen again?

You hold tight and wait on things to process. You will be past your 90 days before you get a greencard, but nobody will come and take you away. You are allowed to wait until a decision is made.

The USC wife has never worked and has no tax form.

Then instead of a tax return put a typed statement behind the I-864 that says

TAX RETURN STATEMENT

I am the spouse and sponsor for Kubey, Jr. (your full name).

I have never worked or earned an income, so I have never been required to file a tax return.

[sign her name] [write the date]

[type her full name]

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: Scotland
Timeline

You hold tight and wait on things to process. You will be past your 90 days before you get a greencard, but nobody will come and take you away. You are allowed to wait until a decision is made.

Then instead of a tax return put a typed statement behind the I-864 that says

TAX RETURN STATEMENT

I am the spouse and sponsor for Kubey, Jr. (your full name).

I have never worked or earned an income, so I have never been required to file a tax return.

[sign her name] [write the date]

[type her full name]

Thank you.....I really didn't know until I read this what was going on.....but suspected it might be something like that seeing as how it has gone up until to this point.

Many, many thanks with the help on the Tax return statement too.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi again.....

.....so things were looking really good........we had every single form filled in and ready.......and we knew that a check had to be made for $1070.....i have no check book from my UK account......and i dont have a USA account.......but we're trying to do that.......we've been told that when we go to unmerge the USC wifes bank account with the USC's fathers bank account...that I need show a TX Photo ID in the form of a US Texas Driving license.....which I did try to obtain a while back but , well its a long story on that one but i was missing the two proof of address to get a TX Driver licence....it was looking like i was very close to getting it though....they handed us a affidavit for the primary sponer and myself to fill in......we didn't know that it was a reeeeeeeally simple form and the USA primary sponser was actually there too with us (the USC's father)....he was there and we could have done it fast......somehow we didn't look and we left and went home....we got the USC's name changed on her TX Driving license though.....that was good and went well............then the USC's father reckoned that they might do a driving test for me but he is the first one to admit that he doesn't actually know.......today i was out there in driving conditions that are the complete apposite of the rural Scottish life style as part of the USC's Fathers driving school.....lol......

we're getting so upset though about the fact that the AOS package has still not been sent....because we worked so hard on it ......and, we had it all ready quite a while back....well ok maybe a week and a bit ago.......i have the 1070 dollars....but need to transfer it from my account into a USA one......i spose I could transfer it into the USC's account maybe somehow from here using online banking maybe...don't know.

Timeline

does it have to be a check that has my name on it or could USC wife write a check out....if she had a checking account...is that what you call it?.....she says she doesn't have that.

The USC's father also doesn't have that kind of money in his account.....which was one way round the problem......frustrating because i do have the money.

So the USCs can't pay for your immigration? How were they your sponsors?

You can do a bank transfer to put some money in a US account, but IMO the wife should pay for it.

Edit: You will not be fully integrated into US life for a while. It can be difficult to open bank accounts or get a DL until you get your Greencard. The US people should be helping you adjust.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Today we finally got the AOS package sent to USCIS....

...when the biometrics appointment arrives and I go for that.......to do that one.....how much does that cost?....or is it covered in the $1070 ?

Edited by Kubey Jr.

Timeline

I'm just wondering what questions to ask now...its like we're plunged into darkness again...though not really....but it's certainly that thing where you feel uncomfortable.... you feel you should be working on the next part......I do know that I'm now waiting for a Biometrics appointment?....and then for my EAD to be sent to me.

Should i be working on filling in Lifting Conditions forms now?

Today we finally got the AOS package sent to USCIS....

...when the biometrics appointment arrives and I go for that.......to do that one.....how much does that cost?....or is it covered in the $1070 ?

The AOS (I-485 form $985) + biometrics fees $85 = Total $1070.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-1055.pdf

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The biometrics fee was part of the $1070. You will receive an appointment letter in the mail for it. After you have biometrics, you continue to wait. EAD/AP takes about 2-3 months after filing to receive. The green card can take much longer. It will depend on whether or not you get an interview. The I-485 will either stay at the NBC and be approved without an interview, or sent to your local USCIS office and you will receive a letter to appear for an interview. Those being approved without interview are having to wait longer.

The only thing to you need to do now for removal of conditions(ROC) is to save evidence of financial co-mingling and co-habitation. You will not file for ROC until almost 2 years after getting your 2 year green card. http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi again....hope everybody is doing ok....we just had 11 days of no water preasure and then I had a 5 day really nasty stomach bug......its been incredibly good though for us to carry our toilet water upstairs....it educates you in how much water we actually use...its mind blowing......though i could have done without the stomach bug!

So today is the 9th of September and I thought it was a significant date.....I looked in the passport to find on the K1 itself it said...

Expiration date

10OCT2013

which was surprising because I thought it was going to say 9th Sep....but when looking at the stamps that the fellas there did at the airport...they both say 10th Sep 2013....that's obviously the 90 days thing....90 days in which to get married...got married a while back...should be ok....but why put K1 on there and K1 on the other part?....this is confusing.

the 9thSep2013 is when my Texas driving licence expires.

BIOMETRICS was on 28th of August 2013....that went fine....yep that was fairly painless!....poor guy there at the first desk was his very first day!

I know I've been told not to panic...but what sort of questions are they going to ask at the upcoming interview?....is it more of the same?.... like the US Embassy in London?....or a very different thing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi again....hope everybody is doing ok....we just had 11 days of no water preasure and then I had a 5 day really nasty stomach bug......its been incredibly good though for us to carry our toilet water upstairs....it educates you in how much water we actually use...its mind blowing......though i could have done without the stomach bug!

So today is the 9th of September and I thought it was a significant date.....I looked in the passport to find on the K1 itself it said...

Expiration date

10OCT2013

which was surprising because I thought it was going to say 9th Sep....but when looking at the stamps that the fellas there did at the airport...they both say 10th Sep 2013....that's obviously the 90 days thing....90 days in which to get married...got married a while back...should be ok....but why put K1 on there and K1 on the other part?....this is confusing.

The expiration date of your K1 visa is the date by which you needed to have entered the US. On mine, it is 6 months from the day I had my overseas medical. Your K1 was a one-entry visa - it doesn't say anything about how long you can stay it just allows one entry that must be made before the 10 OCT - which you did! Then, in your passport they make a stamp to say you are now allowed to stay 90 days during which time you get married. Again, you did. I guess its true that after that you are "out of status" but as the K1 is really just for that entrance, its not like you had a visa covering you for 90 days and not beyond it!

The main thing is you used your K1 before it expired, and you got married during the 90 days after that. You have therefore done nothing wrong and lots of people have adjusted by filing paperwork after the 90 days. You will be fine :) good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.