zooropa

Anyone from TSC K1 fiance please comment when you get a case number!!

721 posts in this topic

That is crazy!!! I would talk to someone higher up. My NOA2 was July 8, 2013 and my case has already been sent to NVC!!! I would put pressure on someone to get your case sent ASAP!!!! I hope it happens soon for you.

Francis-Susan,

Anything news?

Our case shipped out July 25, 2013.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Oh God, have you spoke to a Tier 2 to see what the holdup was? I can only assume that they send these all in bulk to NVC so yours has to be sitting somewhere. I have seen reports of people who have never been notified via email or text and never had the USCIS website update and the darn thing has been to NVC and off to the embassy already. I hope they figure out what is going on soon for you.

That is crazy!!! I would talk to someone higher up. My NOA2 was July 8, 2013 and my case has already been sent to NVC!!! I would put pressure on someone to get your case sent ASAP!!!! I hope it happens soon for you.

Yup, called and talked to Tier 2s twice now and both have said just wait. Called DOS and they don't have it yet. Asked my Senator's office to put in an inquiry too. I'll call them again...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Francis-Susan,

Anything news?

Our case shipped out July 25, 2013.

We have heard nothing new as of today. Hang in there...a large group of us were shipped around the same time. We all should have our case# soon if not this week...next week for sure!!

event.png

We have heard nothing new as of today. Hang in there...a large group of us were shipped around the same time. We all should have our case# soon if not this week...next week for sure!!

I HOPE WE CAN RECEIVE OUR CASE # REAL SOON. I CAN'T WAIT...SO FRUSTRATING.

Timeline

I HOPE WE CAN RECEIVE OUR CASE # REAL SOON. I CAN'T WAIT...SO FRUSTRATING.

Yes it is very frustrating!! I was told by a friend who came to the U.S on a k1-visa from Ghana years ago, that it only took him 3 or 4 months for the entire process. Its just crazy how long it takes now!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I got the shipped to DOS email on 7/22 (one week ago) I just called the DOS and they say it's not in the system yet and it can take up to 8 weeks from approval. I told her I was approved on 6/26, and received an email that it had been shipped off to DOS/NVC on 7/22. I said to me, "shipped" means its on it's way. Someone could walk it in 8 weeks. I got the email that it left TSC a week ago. She seemed a little confused and restated that the USCIS is telling them 8 weeks from approval. Then she wished me luck. :( sigh.

December 31, 2012: Petition received

January 2, 2013: NOA1

January 8, 2013: Officially engaged <3

May 30, 2013 : Transferred VSC to TSC

June 26, 2013 (175 days) : NOA2

July 22, 2013 (26 days) : Sent to NVC

July 30, 2013 : Arrived at NVC

July 30, 2013 (8 days) : Received case number

August 9, 2013 : Fiance received packet 3

August 15, 2013 : Medical

September 26, 2013 : Interview : AP additional medical information needed

October 11, 2013 : 2nd Medical appointment

October 31, 2013: 2nd Medical report picked up by Embassy courier

November 21, 2013: 2nd Medical report received and our case with with an officer for review

January 17, 2014: Refused (found inadmissible)

Filing a waiver to lift the inadmissibility....

Timeline

I don't know about anyone one else but I had contacted my congressman about a week ago about my k1 Visa. I actually received a letter today stating that they can not release any information to me about MY case due to the Privacy Act of 1974. They need written permission from me before they can release information to me about my case. They sent me a form...had to laugh!!!! There is always a form to fill out and then...WAIT and WAIT.

event.png

Timeline

Yup, as expected, no luck getting more info from the Tier 2 again. Guy was nice enough though...

So far it's one service request, multiple calls to Tier 2s, asking my Senator's caseworker to inquire, and also asking NVC Research to get on it. They say they have until 8/8 to respond to the service request, but fingers crossed it moves before then...

Timeline

Yup, as expected, no luck getting more info from the Tier 2 again. Guy was nice enough though...

So far it's one service request, multiple calls to Tier 2s, asking my Senator's caseworker to inquire, and also asking NVC Research to get on it. They say they have until 8/8 to respond to the service request, but fingers crossed it moves before then...

I hope you find out something soon. What is the hold up anyway? You call and call but get no more information than you started out with. Just keep thinking positive...you will get great news soon!!

event.png

Timeline

I hope you find out something soon. What is the hold up anyway? You call and call but get no more information than you started out with. Just keep thinking positive...you will get great news soon!!

No idea. My (totally uneducated) guess is that ours ended up with an adjudicator who works from home and goes in to drop/pick up stuff from TSC itself once a month.

Really, I just hope it's not lost or gotten sent to the NRC instead...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mine is now in transit to the consulate! Just got the case number last Friday and they already shipped it out. At least NVC is doing their job pretty fast.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

My NOA2 is June 24 and I still do not have a case # from NVC. I am so frustrated.

Sorry to hear that...makes my July 3 not seem so bad :( Praying that you get yours soon.

Anyone else with an NOA2 July 3rd or earlier without being sent to the NVC yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hear that...makes my July 3 not seem so bad sad.png Praying that you get yours soon.

Anyone else with an NOA2 July 3rd or earlier without being sent to the NVC yet?

July 3 NOA2 TSC, finally shipped out July 24 to NVC

Edited by batallion9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.