NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Yes, it came in the mail today!

It's such a beautiful card and I can't believe that concludes my journey to become a permanent resident. Guess USCIS will have to deal with me again in 3 years for citizenship. tongue.png

A big thanks to the VJ community for helping me on my journey and good luck to everyone!kicking.gif

If you wait 5 years vs 3 years you don't have to prove relationship again.

I have remove conditions next year. Then I'll use my 10 years to decide whether or not I want citizenship.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

checked online today -

w00t ! optimized on 14 march, but it now says case received on 14 feb

Happy Valentines Day !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

=-=-=-=-=

also see something (for the first time)

in the CRIS online status checking thing , after entering the receipt #. Yay ELIS (OMG - did I really write that?)

Prior, nothing in CRIS, could not find the case/receipt in their system.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

=-=-=-=-=

so I reset my password on the CRIS account, added in the ELIS receipt # thingie, and I can see TWO thingies in the account (the I-130 and the Green Card thingie). Sweet !

Hi, I came to the US POE Houston on 20th January 2014 after being granted an Immigrant Visa through my brother,I paid the fee of 165.00 to process my green card on 12/26/13 but payment did not go through because of a wrong routing number I gave to ELIS while doing the online payment. USCIS also sent an E-mail stating that the payment was returned by the bank and that I would have to resubmit the 165.00 plus a return cheque fee of 30.00 for a total of 195.00 plus send a copy of the e-mail letter and the orignial pay.gov confirmation letter to them.All of this was done when I entered the USA on the 20th and I brought the cash here and my family sent a cheque to Homeland Security together with the e-mail at the address on the letter and the money was taken out of their account. My status on Elis changed to optimized just after sending the first payment in my home country then recently I checked the Elis login site I noticed the status dates have changed and updated to case received Jan 24th 2014 Status date Feb 24th 2014. Does this mean that they have my payment now because I have not received any more e-mails from them and also my IOE number when submitted says os155a being processed at the intake centre.Should I be expecting the Green Card soon. Thanks.

Timeline

ya, if you are seeing that at CRIS, then pay attention to it - it'll change a bit, [and i think] you'll see the USPS tracking # there, soon.

Filed: Timeline

Hi , i received the green card , idea9dv.gifidea9dv.gif

CR1

port of entry FEB/02/2014

i have question please the expiration date in my green card is : 02/02/2016 is this date correct ? i have read here to make sure that the expiration date is correct, im not sure if the expiration date in my green card is correct or not?

in the stamp in my passport while i entered usa, there is CR1 FEB 01, 2016 , please let me know if there is any mistake in the green card ? i dont understand well these dates

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi , i received the green card , idea9dv.gifidea9dv.gif

CR1

port of entry FEB/02/2014

i have question please the expiration date in my green card is : 02/02/2016 is this date correct ? i have read here to make sure that the expiration date is correct, im not sure if the expiration date in my green card is correct or not?

in the stamp in my passport while i entered usa, there is CR1 FEB 01, 2016 , please let me know if there is any mistake in the green card ? i dont understand well these dates

Thanks

When did you get married?

Check the stamp on your passport again. It should be Feb 1, 2015 and not 2016.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Timeline

sara - i think the dates are ok - you are CR-1 so is 2 year card,

it seems it's off a day or two, but check the calendar for leap year.

Filed: Timeline

When did you get married?

Check the stamp on your passport again. It should be Feb 1, 2015 and not 2016.

hi i got married on 2012 my categorie visa is CR1 i know the categorie is correct

i just dont understand the dates on the port of entry stamp and in my green card

sara - i think the dates are ok - you are CR-1 so is 2 year card,

it seems it's off a day or two, but check the calendar for leap year.

Yes DARNELLl, thanks for your answer

yes i have 2 years , because im CR1 ,i entered in USA before my 2 years marriage anniversary,

do you think its ok because in my port of entry stamp , they noted CR1 Feb 1, 2016 and in my green card expiration date is : Feb 2, 2016 , day +

it's not considered as a mistake? , i appreciate alot your help

Edited by sara82

Timeline

update - CRIS says green card production ordered, ELIS has status date of 18 March still showing in progress at optimized stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.