58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

naggnyan dn kmi nung umuwi sia sa pinas, at sabi ko ok , mag aaral nlng ako sa australia, etc etc , nd ako nagmakaawa o ano , nd dn ako umiyak sa harap nia, bago ako lumabas ng hotel nia tatawag dw sia sabay ilove u hahahahaha:). kaya mo yan sis, ang nakakalungkot ung sayang panahon mo.. kinabahn dn ako nun kc may recrd n ko so masisilip un kung makakakita ka ulit ng bago bf, kaya mo yan , atlst db nsa pinas kpa , mas mhirp na andun kana bgla nd ka pinakasalan , kaya mo yan , tayong mga filipina ay matatag at malakas kaya nga gustong gusto nila tyo ^___^

j0395718.gif My K1 Journey

12/10/12 Mailed k1 petition

01/2/13 NOA1 Hardcopy (no email)

07/1/13 NOA2 ( no RFE )

07/18/13 Casefile shipped to DOS

07/26/13 Manila case no.

07/30/13 NVC shipped to usembssy

08/15/13 Medica PASSED:) yeheyy

09/03/13 Interview APPROVED ( agegap 27years )

09/08/13 VISA ON HAND

LOVE.gifLOVE.gifLOVE.gifaniheartpinknwhite.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. sad.png Take time for yourself and let the healing begin.

We got approved by noa2 a week after he told me that he's developing feelings for another girl. How awful that would be right? Feeling so sure that he's finally the one for you.. And here you are hoping that he will really never live you, build your dreams with him, a life with him but for just waiting just for 3 more months he can't do it?? How could somebody say that he loves you and hurt you at the same time.. By the way, we started january 30,2013. Had rfe around march then got approved on june... Enjoy your life guys!! I don't know where to begin from here but i'll live.

event.png

Timeline

Guys! How can i cancel the noa2? Does anybody know how should i do that? I'm not the petitioner and i'm here in the Philippines. He doesn't wanna cancel it but i want to.. I just don't want anything connected to him anymore.. Thank you for all your comments.. This is really hard right now. So lost and everything.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Guys! How can i cancel the noa2? Does anybody know how should i do that? I'm not the petitioner and i'm here in the Philippines. He doesn't wanna cancel it but i want to.. I just don't want anything connected to him anymore.. Thank you for all your comments.. This is really hard right now. So lost and everything.

If/when you receive correspondence from the US Embassy in Manila, reply to it by saying that the relationship is over and you no longer want to obtain the visa. The petition can only be withdrawn by the petitioner, so there is nothing you can do personally about that. However, approved K1 petitions have an expiration date so it will eventually expire with no action taken on the part of the petitioner. I'll state again for emphasis, if you receive correspondence from the Embassy about the visa, reply to it explaining the relationship did not work out and that you no longer want the visa (i.e. don't rely on the petition expiring and don't trust him to take care of it).

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Thanks guys! Maybe he's not the one for me. He was just a little bump along the way. He didn't cancel the rfe coz he said that what if things would work out between us in the future. He doesn't wanna start all over again. For now he just don't know what to do, of what he really wants. (But i think i don't want it anymore, i should never be an option. I deserve someone better). By the way i'm sorry about the month march what i mean is we had rfe on may then got approve on june.

Edited by Morningmist

Timeline

If/when you receive correspondence from the US Embassy in Manila, reply to it by saying that the relationship is over and you no longer want to obtain the visa. The petition can only be withdrawn by the petitioner, so there is nothing you can do personally about that. However, approved K1 petitions have an expiration date so it will eventually expire with no action taken on the part of the petitioner. I'll state again for emphasis, if you receive correspondence from the Embassy about the visa, reply to it explaining the relationship did not work out and that you no longer want the visa (i.e. don't rely on the petition expiring and don't trust him to take care of it).

Thank you..

Is he married before he met you? if he was, you need to understand that his feeling is not steady yet. From the way he didn't cancel the RFE shows that actually deep inside he's still love you. But, if he wasn't married before he met you then you need to forget about him, he's not the one for you. (believe me!)

People can still be unsteady without having been married before. This is a scary process. People get "cold feet" all the time, even without all the red tape, bureaucracy, and strains of long-distance relationships! My own fiance and I separated for a month because of the strain.

I had a pair of friends who were deeply, deeply in love. The female in the relationship, however, started having feelings for another woman, and she began to wonder if she was gay. She was terrified, but her boyfriend was understanding and let her go explore these feelings she had (he was hurt, for sure, but was following the advise of "if you love them, let them go"). She spent two months with this other woman and the relationship fizzled when she realized she couldn't get her boyfriend out of her head. She and he got back together, and now, several years later, they are very happily married with two children.

In both my case and my friends' case, the relationship after the break was stronger and surer than ever before because it helped us realize how much we couldn't live within our SOs.

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got approved by noa2 a week after he told me that he's developing feelings for another girl. How awful that would be right? Feeling so sure that he's finally the one for you.. And here you are hoping that he will really never live you, build your dreams with him, a life with him but for just waiting just for 3 more months he can't do it?? How could somebody say that he loves you and hurt you at the same time.. By the way, we started january 30,2013. Had rfe around march then got approved on june... Enjoy your life guys!! I don't know where to begin from here but i'll live.

That does suck!!

He needs to withdraw the petition (in writing), notify USCIS and the embassy as the petition is automatically forwarded there after NCV reviews it once more.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm on the same boat and I so feel what you are feeling right now. We were both sad and lonely and depressed since May because of the long wait. We started arguing since, like all the sadness of being apart clouded our feelings for each other.

When he received the notice of our 2nd RFE on May 28th, we were talking on the phone and he just said out of the blue "Let's not do this anymore." I felt devastated and cried. He called and changed his mind and told me to send in the intent to marry letter which I did.

But soon after we found ourselves arguing more. We got into an argument July 11th and broke up. He just said he's tired and he can't do this anymore, he just said he feels lost and he feels like he had lost himself in the process because we were always on the phone.

We got our NOA2 but he never mentioned about it.

I feel devastated. I sabotaged my job so I could spend time with him when he visited, half of my stuff are with him now. I had my friends ransack my stuff for things I wouldn't need to bring over. I had believed I'd start a new life with him but all he had to do was change his mind.

Edited by JobienJeck

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.