Jaysongalv

I-864 part 1 affidavit about me and co sponsor

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Lithuania
Timeline

on part 1 of the i-864 affidavit. my wifes co sponsor already handed all the paper work and everything thats needed. the problem is i currently am not working and I am filling out the affidavit as well but i don't know what box to check for part 1.

i think i need to check 1.e (i am the first) or 1.d (i am the only joint sponsor) but i am not sure.

and for part 3 on question 1 do i check off (yes) or (no)

last question i have of the day, i just want to get this all done and over with. thanks so much

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Lithuania

I-129F Sent : 2011-10-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-10

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-03

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 207 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

You are the petitioner, so it's 1a. Have you read the form instructions? It's pretty clear on it.

Check Yes. Even if you don't have an income, you are still the primary sponsor.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

thanks so this would make our co sponsor a joint sponsor correct? and he would only have to check off 1.d

this and part 3 question 1 are the only things the co sponsor told me to check off for him because he didn't know what to put. part 3 would be a yes again for him as well I am guessing.

K1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Correct.

Your are the primary sponsor, and the other person is the only joint sponsor.

Here are the instructions for this form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf It is really important that you read them carefully if you want your wife's case to be adjudicated without RFE.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Correct.

Your are the primary sponsor, and the other person is the only joint sponsor.

Here are the instructions for this form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf It is really important that you read them carefully if you want your wife's case to be adjudicated without RFE.

Thanks I am looking at it two things I still cant figure and im just sitting here thinking. Like for part 3 question 7 i put in (1)

then on part 5 for questions 1. 2. 3.

I put (1) for each of them. I get a end result of 3 for my household size on question 8. somethings deffinitly off, but i don't know what to change.

For part 5 question 1 it says:

enter the number you entered in question 7 part 3...so i did...(1)

the next question says Persons not sponsored, then it says yourself... so i put (1) since this affidavit is not for me and for my wife.

and lasty says if your currently married put (1) for your spouse...so i did and get 3 as a household size. Im scratching my head wondering what i did wrong if anything.

K1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks I am looking at it two things I still cant figure and im just sitting here thinking. Like for part 3 question 7 i put in (1)

then on part 5 for questions 1. 2. 3.

I put (1) for each of them. I get a end result of 3 for my household size on question 8. somethings deffinitly off, but i don't know what to change.

For part 5 question 1 it says:

enter the number you entered in question 7 part 3...so i did...(1)

the next question says Persons not sponsored, then it says yourself... so i put (1) since this affidavit is not for me and for my wife.

and lasty says if your currently married put (1) for your spouse...so i did and get 3 as a household size. Im scratching my head wondering what i did wrong if anything.

It states not to count anyone twice, and so you do not. It also states the part I bolded from your text above.. persons NOT being sponsored. Your wife is being sponsored so you put 0 in the box asking for any spouse not being sponsored. If your joint sponsor is married, then they would put 1 in that box since they do have a spouse that is not being sponsored in their affidavit.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 11 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi, i am new to this site and new to all this stuff, and it seems a lot of people can help here. My question is kinda like his but a little different. I am married and trying to file the i-864 but i do not have enough money since i am not working, so my grandfather will sponsor my wife. does he need to file the I-864 and the I-864a? Also I should check 1a in part 1? and check no in part 3 and my grandfather would check yes? then when he fills out the I-864, should he check 1d in part 1? then in part 3 it ask me to add all the immigrants i am sponsoring, and since my grandfather will sponsor her, should i put 0 or 1? also in part 5 should i just put 1 in question1 and 0 in question3 since i am married but it says not to count someone twice. then my grandfather would enter 1 on lines 1 and 2? or will he not count her since i added her? maybe i am over thinking this but i want to make sure and not waste any time. also if my grandfather has to fill out the I-864a, on part 1 question 8, does he but down b or c as other? he does live with me, but he does not claim anyone on his taxes. Then on part 2 of I-854a i know he puts his name in the first blank box, but what do i add in the second blank box? do i write her name or 1? thank you for your help

Edited by brightfuture81

Timeline

You are the USC petitioner and primary sponsor. You must fill out your own I-864 to sponsor your wife, even if you are unemployed and have no income. You check 1a. as the petitioner, and you check Yes in Part 3 #1 because you are sponsoring your wife, 'the principal immigrant named in Part 2.' If there are no others immigrating with her, then you leave the rest of Part 3 blank and put a 1 in Part 3 #7. In Part 5 #1, you put 1, for your wife, the person being sponsored in your affidavit of support and the number you put in Part 3 #7, You put a 1 for Part 5 #2, for yourself. If you have no other dependents, then Part 5 #8 would come out to a total of 2 for your household size.

Your joint sponsor fills out their own I-864 and would check 1d. as the only joint sponsor and Yes in Part 3 #1 because they are sponsoring your wife, 'the principal immigrant named in Part 2.' If there are no others immigrating with her, then you leave the rest of Part 3 blank and put a 1 in Part 3 #7. In Part 5 #1, he will put a 1, for your wife, which matches the number he put in Part 3 #7. He will put a 1 in Part 5 #2 for himself, and then he will put a 1 for any spouse or other dependents he may have. Add them up and put that number in Part 5 #8. If he has no spouse and no other dependents, then his household size will also come out to a total of 2.

There is no I-864A to be used in that situation, unless your grandfather is married and his spouse fills out an I-864A to go along with his I-864 for joint sponsorship.

Check out the example form > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you very much, you were very helpful, I thought my grandfather had to file a I-864a, and i thought i had to check off a different box. If i need more help, it's nice to know there are people like you in the world.

Timeline

ok i have another question, in part 6 i would ckeck number 12 and not 11? I thought since my grandfather lived in the same house as me and i am joining both of our incomes together, he would have to file the I-864a.since i am not working, should i still send my tax return, or does it matter? I have filed my taxes the last 3 years, but i can not find the 3rd years taxes should i leave it blank, or is it a big deal? thanks again

Timeline

ok i have another question, in part 6 i would ckeck number 12 and not 11? I thought since my grandfather lived in the same house as me and i am joining both of our incomes together, he would have to file the I-864a.since i am not working, should i still send my tax return, or does it matter? I have filed my taxes the last 3 years, but i can not find the 3rd years taxes should i leave it blank, or is it a big deal? thanks again

You do not check either one of those boxes because your grandfather will not be listed in Part 6 of your I-864, Do you claim your grandfather as a dependent? If not, he is not counted in your household size, as discussed above. He fills out his own I-864 as a joint sponsor, not an I-864A as a household member. A household member is used to combine their income with that of the person filling out the I-864. You have no income to combine with. IF you claim him as a dependent on your taxes, then he would be counted in your household size, listed in Part 6 and fill out an I-864A instead of being a joint sponsor.

Yes, you need to submit at least the most recent year's tax transcript, and you must provide the tax info from your last 3 years where it asks in Part 6 #13a-c. You cannot leave the required tax info blank. You can print out your tax transcripts from this site > http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Edited by KayDeeCee

Timeline

oh i understand now, thanks for helping again. this might seem like a stupid question, but i have still have my tax return, so should i just send the front page that shows what i earned, and my wages, or do i need to send them all 4 papers?

Timeline

You need to send them a copy of the entire complete return with all forms, schedules, attachments and W-2s and/or 1099s, OR an IRS tax return transcript. The transcript usually has less pages to send and no need for the W-2s. You don't have to worry if you sent everything when using a transcript.

Timeline

ok cool, i went to the IRS website and i printed out my return transcript, and My grandfather did the same, but he will send them the last 3 years instead of just last years, so in part 6 should he check box 13 and box 14? Also it asks me for all my bank account information, but since my grandfather will sponsor me, do i need to add anything there? I have a joint account with my wife and i will send this to them for proof that we are married and living together. i again you have been a blessing, i mean you have been a really big help, and i thank you very much, and with my experience i will pass down my knowledge.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.