onesassygirl

Free International Calls

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to all of you VJers,

I just thought I'd share something I saw while surfing the web. I know many of the members here have SO's in different parts of the world, so here's a great deal for making international calls: it's FREE and UNLIMITED (if you have free unlimited domestic long distance on your home phone or cell phone).

Check out FuturePhone.com. And here's a little article about it from ABC News.

You call an Iowa-based number, press 1 for English, then enter 011 + country code + phone number (or 1 + area code + phone number for Canada). I've tried it once to call my sister in Canada, and it worked fine. The call quality was okay. My sister said she heard beeping sounds a couple of times on her end, and there seemed to be a 1/2 second delay. But it's free so I won't complain!

It'll definitely save me from buying more phone cards :thumbs:

hi

my only question i would have about this would be ...would you be charged to call iowa if you dont have unlimited free access on your long distance..in other words would you be charged per min while being connected to the iowa number?

thanks for the heads up by the way

kath

p.s. scratch the above it is in the FAQ section ...and you would be charged if you dont have unlimited long distance...

Edited by kath&rob

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeh, that's the question we should figure out, before using it.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think it is ok - I can call my cell phone provider at any time to see how high the charges are, and they didn't go up after using this service. It seems to be safe, though the quality lacks a little (I can understand them perfectly, but the connection in Germany is sometimes distorted).

Also ABC had news about the company, so they do not seem to be cheaters!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We just tried it for David's daughter's cell phone in the UK and it didn't work. :crying: We just got a message that the country/city wasn't served at this time, or some such. It did work on his parents' landline but we already have a cheap rate for it.

Dang it! I might still sign up for a flat-rate long distance company so that at least the landline calls will be cheaper overall. Right now it's $.05 a minute but I would rather pay $39.95 than $130.00 (at least)!!!

Edited by pj1959us

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If you go to their home page, and click on the country you wish to call (on the bottom right portion of the home page), it will list what area codes in that country are available to call.

I was able to call my wife in Turkey, but only one of the numbers worked. I could not connect to her cell phone, job phone (each are in different area codes .....and not listed). I was able to connect to her home phone though, which was in one of the listed area codes.

I agree with one reply above this.....in that the quality of the call is not as good with the calling card I normally use. But then again, this IS free. :)

Thanks to ajmc for sharing this with us. :thumbs:

Edited by MPGGPM

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I thought I'd mention that today, after I wrote my previous post, I tried several times to get through to Turkey. I got through on my first try, but then about 10 seconds into the call with my wife, it cut us off. I tried over and over after that, but could never get through again.

So.....bottom line, when it does work, it's great.

But, there are definately connection problems even to the countries it's supposed to be available for. I think the public is becoming more and more aware of this company, and the lines are getting bogged down.

Still glad it's an option though. But, I won't be giving up my other calling card anytime soon.

Edited by MPGGPM

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

I have tried it today and called Germany. Everything was perfect and worked out well. I will it more often.

Thank for posting that great deal.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.