goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When did you call? I just called at 5 and still didn't have our sad.png I feel sick.

Did you already pay your visa fee? You need to pay that first and wait 4-5 hours to schedule appointment.

Edit: nevermind I though you were trying to schedule appointment not track case.

Sorry you are still waiting. I thought you would have your number by now. :( I can understand that sick feeling when you are tracking others who got their notes on the same day and of course you are thinking "is mine lost now or what?" so frustrating. hope you hear something soon...

We got that note about the transfer to DOS last night...today my Congressman's office called me back and I gave them the update from last night and she said she was still sending it off to see what they can find out. Probably won't help but you never know...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Both the cases before and after mine got the message today about being transferred to DOS but I still haven't gotten it. sad.png Can I assume mine is being sent in the same batch? How long should I wait to call?

While we are waiting I am trying assemble all the things I need to send him. On here is says to send the beneficiary an exact copy of the petition you sent in initially. Is anyone else doing that? I wasn't sure if it was necessary or if anyone else is doing it. Its better to be over-prepared I guess. It also asks for originals of the proof of relationship you sent in the petition. Does that mean they want the actual plane tickets and such?

What do you guys think? London Embassy peeps what are you doing? Thanks in advance!

December 31, 2012: Petition received

January 2, 2013: NOA1

January 8, 2013: Officially engaged <3

May 30, 2013 : Transferred VSC to TSC

June 26, 2013 (175 days) : NOA2

July 22, 2013 (26 days) : Sent to NVC

July 30, 2013 : Arrived at NVC

July 30, 2013 (8 days) : Received case number

August 9, 2013 : Fiance received packet 3

August 15, 2013 : Medical

September 26, 2013 : Interview : AP additional medical information needed

October 11, 2013 : 2nd Medical appointment

October 31, 2013: 2nd Medical report picked up by Embassy courier

November 21, 2013: 2nd Medical report received and our case with with an officer for review

January 17, 2014: Refused (found inadmissible)

Filing a waiver to lift the inadmissibility....

In my country embassy provides list of documents that you should bring to the interview and nothing else. And it doesn't include a copy of I-129F petition. Includes DS forms, 2 photos, 134 Affidavit and supporting evidence, documents such as passport, birth certificate etc. and proof of ongoing relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At last leaving USCIS ...

I got this 2 hours ago .. On July 17, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly

hopefully will be at embassy soon after NVC

VISA JOURNEY:12/16/12 - sent the packet to Dallas Lockbox
12/19/12 - email/hard copy of NOA1
12/27/12 - Alien registration changed
05/24/13 - case transferred to other office from VSC
05/29/13 - transferred Texas Service Center
05/30/13 - transferred
06/12/13 - RFE
06/24/13 - RFE RECIEVED BY USCIS TEXAS
06/27/13 - approved NOA2
07/17/13 - shipped from USCIS to NVC
07/19/13 - Got My Case Number from NVC

07/23/13 in transit to the Consular Section

07/26/13 Ready

07/30/13 Ready date changed

08/16/2013 - Packet 3
10/03/2013 - Packet 4
11/01/2013 - Medical
11/07/2013 - Interview- Approved-

11/19.2013-Issued-
11/21/2013 - Visa in hand

11/21/2013 P.O.E Alexandria Bay, New York
00/00/2013 - Arrived in South Carolina
01/18/2014 - Getting Married in Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Married, Very Happy..!!

Started I485

Mailed it on 6 March 2014

Biometrics appointment 03 Apr.2014

Biometrics Done.

Intervew waiver letter 06/27/2014

28 Jan/15 Got email for Interview date for 2/march

they didnt have my file

got Letter on 2 April for 2nd interview on 4 May

Still waiting

Card was Ordered To Be Produced

Got my green card on 15 may

13 months and 15 days

Both the cases before and after mine got the message today about being transferred to DOS but I still haven't gotten it. sad.png Can I assume mine is being sent in the same batch? How long should I wait to call?

While we are waiting I am trying assemble all the things I need to send him. On here is says to send the beneficiary an exact copy of the petition you sent in initially. Is anyone else doing that? I wasn't sure if it was necessary or if anyone else is doing it. Its better to be over-prepared I guess. It also asks for originals of the proof of relationship you sent in the petition. Does that mean they want the actual plane tickets and such?

What do you guys think? London Embassy peeps what are you doing? Thanks in advance!

Where did you read about that? Every post I've ever read about London says they don't need relationship evidence or any of that, Nich Nick's posted numerous times saying that and the London Embassy site doesn't list any of those required documents for the interview either. The VJ guide asks you to make a duplicate copy just incase, incase any of the original stuff gets lost and so you can go over what you sent in to prepare for interview. The VJ guide is also applying to every Embassy in the world; London doesn't need any of that.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Got the notice on my email:

On July 17, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Noa2: 06/27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats good to hear! Mine was also in transit in USEM smile.png I took the Aug29 slot interview and taking my medical next week. smile.png goodluck Rod and Rish, hoping to see you in person smile.png

hi there:) best of luck to all of us:) Yes i would love to have my medical appointment next week too around Thursday and Friday.Hence I'm from Cebu I will have to fly to Manila and book a plane and hotel:) Hope to see you too:) Let's keep in touch!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

My timeline:

-Our petition was approved on May 29 and they said that NVC should receive within 15 business days.

-I contacted NVC June 17 and they told me to send an email to nvcresearch.

-July 3 I received an email response from NVD saying that it takes up to 8 weeks. I immediately made the call to USCIS and they said that as of June 17 the case was still at L.A. local office. On the same day I contacted my congressman about my case.

-The congress' aide contacted me last friday (July 12) that USCIS just mailed it to NVC.

So I don't even know what the actual processing time is. Not sure why some reps at NVC said 15 while DOS website and the email response I got from NVC was 8 weeks.

Waiting sucks and I feel you guys...

I know it sucks Ray but lets hope for the smooth processing moving forward. Its really hard to tell whether it is just a norm to take this long to approve petitions or someone is not doing their jobs right. The sad part is in either case we are the ones who has to suffer.

Good luck to all of us still waiting !!

PS: I just got an e-mail at 12:00 a.m. last night that our case was finally sent to DOS. Now let's see how long it takes to get there. Not keeping my hopes high reading the posts of other members on here and knowing that it may take 8 weeks.. I am just ready to get done with this.

I would like to have this opportunity to thank each and every one of you here in VJ. My Case is already here in Manila Embassy and it is "Ready"..

Just few steps to making our dreams possible.

For those who have not gotten their notices, case numbers, approvals, just hang in there! Praying for everybody's fast and smooth processing.

Congrats vazpayne19, you have been such a great help all along and so positive. Wish you best of luck in your journey !!

Timeline

At last leaving USCIS ...

I got this 2 hours ago .. On July 17, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly

hopefully will be at embassy soon after NVC

Got the notice on my email:

On July 17, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Noa2: 06/27

I also got mine exactly at 12:00 a.m. last night or this morning I should say.. So it is safe to assume we are in the same batch, may be?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got the email July 17, NOA2 June 25th. How long is it taking to get the case number after email...? or is it still taking a while to get this number after email...

Anyone that got it before? I will call NVC today.

Timeline

Got the email July 17, NOA2 June 25th. How long is it taking to get the case number after email...? or is it still taking a while to get this number after email...

Anyone that got it before? I will call NVC today.

What e-mail did you get? If you are referring to the e-mail that your case was sent to DOS then the standard response you will get even if you call NVC will be up to 8 weeks. Sorry to break the news but be prepared to hear this. If you are lucky, you may get a different response. I won't discourage you calling but do let us know what you find out from them !!

hi there:) best of luck to all of us:) Yes i would love to have my medical appointment next week too around Thursday and Friday.Hence I'm from Cebu I will have to fly to Manila and book a plane and hotel:) Hope to see you too:) Let's keep in touch!

Keep me posted! I will be attending Wednesday and Thursday.. See you there! :)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

What e-mail did you get? If you are referring to the e-mail that your case was sent to DOS then the standard response you will get even if you call NVC will be up to 8 weeks. Sorry to break the news but be prepared to hear this. If you are lucky, you may get a different response. I won't discourage you calling but do let us know what you find out from them !!

But it snt 8 weeks .. It took me 4 weeks to get case number now it's in transit by dhl to the consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.