goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Woops, sorry! I need to learn to read more carefully :-P Were they a TSC transfer?

Yep, we are transfers from VSC to TSC. And NVC rep did tell to me that my file is in the building and he even specifically mentioned that it is on the first floor and it is just not processed yet.

I called today 202 number, since 603 line was busy for really looong time. And rep not as friendly as ppl at NVC, he said that they have no case number yet in the system and when I asked them - WHEEEN???? he just said go by whatever they told you at NVC. I said they told me today or tomorrow. He said - then it will be tomorrow.

Maybe he was just laughing at me :)

We will see... ClockWatch2.gif

Service center: Vermont

2012-12-03 - I-129F Sent

2012-12-10 - NOA1 Received

2012-12-06 - (NOA1 Receipt Date)

2013-05-29 - NOA Sent from VT

2013-06-03 - NOA Received: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

2013-06-21 - NOA2 Approved

2013-06-27 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

2013-07-16 - Approved case shipped to DOS

2013-07-19 - Medical In Moscow Completed

2013-07-19 - Case Number Assigned

2013-07-22 - Case In transit to Consular Section

2013-07-24 - Case is Ready for Interview

2013-08-06 - Letter of Invitation via email

2013-08-12 - Interview. APPROVED!

2013-08-19 - Visa Received

We just got this today. Anyone else got this?

Post Decision Activity

On July 8, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'll be interested to see if there are any more of these updates today?? I hope it's good news. it sounds like good news.

We haven't even been approved yet and I've just sent a complaint to the ombudsman to make enquiries about this hold up. We personally have about 6 weeks for our case to get to the Embassy before we can kiss goodbye to the K1 visa and will be having to start again with the CR1!

People definitely need to keep pestering their representatives, someone needs to find out what's going on - 'the squeaky wheel' and all that!

Yes, people should get in contact with their representatives. Hopefully we'll see more of these today, if not it will be very coincidental that the day they notice our congressman getting onto them that they ship it out.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Post Decision Activity

On July 8, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Wow that's good news for you. I didn't get this :(

Did you guys contact your congressman or senator?

Our NOA2 was June 19th, and yes, our congressman's office had e-mailed and called the TSC. They told her it'd be sent out within the next 10 business days, then we got that come through on e-mail last night.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well.. this is something new.

I don't see why would they change status like that if it says:

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State.

Service center: Vermont

2012-12-03 - I-129F Sent

2012-12-10 - NOA1 Received

2012-12-06 - (NOA1 Receipt Date)

2013-05-29 - NOA Sent from VT

2013-06-03 - NOA Received: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

2013-06-21 - NOA2 Approved

2013-06-27 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

2013-07-16 - Approved case shipped to DOS

2013-07-19 - Medical In Moscow Completed

2013-07-19 - Case Number Assigned

2013-07-22 - Case In transit to Consular Section

2013-07-24 - Case is Ready for Interview

2013-08-06 - Letter of Invitation via email

2013-08-12 - Interview. APPROVED!

2013-08-19 - Visa Received

Post Decision Activity

Interesting....I wonder if that's a TSC thing, because as far as USCIS is concerned, I have had no status changes at all. I can go to their website now and still see the "I-129F petition approved" status that's been there since the day they approved my petition, and I've gone through NVC so I know it was shipped.

I'm hoping this is good news for you and all the other TSC transfers that hopefully they have begun to get the cases shipped over to NVC so you all can finally get through the next stages.

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So i just called nvc and they told me that right now what they are being told to say is tha due to some transfers from service centera is a delay that can take up to 8 weeks...

It was crazy cause she said, r u sure u got approved cause i dont see ur case here.... And i was like yeah... And then ahe told me to read her the firstwords ofthe hard copy ad then she was like oh ok...

So basicly bs! I asked her if it is up to 8 weeks or if it is going to take 8 weeks... I said: it can get sent to you guys with less time than that right???? And Told me she cant guarantee that... That that wss what they rold her to say.

But she did say UP TO 8 weeks...

Anyway idk... I didnt ontact no senator of congressman for the noa2 but i guess if it takes more than next week ill have to say something...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You r fortunate.. My approval was the day before you and i did not receive that my case was forwarded

On a separate note i did receive a response via email from the Nvc on the whereabouts of my petition

So please use this so they can research your case

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have any record of receiving your petition. If your petition was approved more than 15 days ago please e-mail a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice to NVCResearch@state.gov. Please type the receipt number in the subject line of your e-mail and include only one attachment/case per e-mail. We will contact the Department of Homeland Security's Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf to locate your petition.

If you received the form I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice indicating that your petition has been retained by USCIS, or another type of Notice of Action that is not an approval notice please contact USCIS for additional information.

USCIS CONTACT INFORMATION:

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

ARI

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

Post Decision Activity

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

You r fortunate.. My approval was the day before you and i did not receive that my case was forwarded

On a separate note i did receive a response via email from the Nvc on the whereabouts of my petition

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have any record of receiving your petition. If your petition was approved more than 15 days ago please e-mail a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice to NVCResearch@state.gov. Please type the receipt number in the subject line of your e-mail and include only one attachment/case per e-mail. We will contact the Department of Homeland Security's Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf to locate your petition.

If you received the form I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice indicating that your petition has been retained by USCIS, or another type of Notice of Action that is not an approval notice please contact USCIS for additional information.

ARI

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Hi angelina! That is something...

Where did u sent and email and what did you say? Just to try to proceed the same way and see if they answer me the same thing... Or should i just send them my noa2 scanned?

Im just saying it cause like i said on my previous post she was like, r u sure u got aproved? I cant see ur case...

After that she made me

Read my noa 2 and she was like oh ok

But yeah, idk... What should i do? My noa2 approval date is june 27 so next thursday will be 2 weeks...

Dear Sir/Madam:

ARI

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

I got the same thing from them on July 1st. I originally emailed them on June 17th.

I also emailed the NVCResearch email with a copy of NOA2 on July 1st. I still haven't got a response from them.

I finally got a response from the senators staff. He has been on vacation for the last week and just got back in today. He did send them a inquiry before his vacation, but didn't get a response. He is going to follow up with TSC today.

My InfoPass appointment is in the morning. I really hope I get that same notice from the USCIS web site so I dont have to go there haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.