fcat

6 to 12 months for NOA2 from Washington DC office...

18 posts in this topic

We just had an e mail from the senator we wrote to in DC to find out what the situation was on our I-130, they sent us the following info which they received from the Washington DC USCIS.

is there anything else we can do to hurry this along ?

---------

Following you will find the response from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to my inquiry on your behalf. I hope that the information provided will be helpful and responsive to your specific concerns.

USCIS officials write "Thank you for your May 21, 2013 inquiry on behalf of your constituent, regarding her pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. USCIS records show that Form I-130 was filed January 2013 and it remains pending at this time. Due to lack of resources, the current processing time for I-130s is 6 to 12 months. We will notify the constituent as soon as possible if any further information is needed, or when a decision has been made."

My staff and I stand ready to be of assistance to you in any other matter that is of concern to you. Thank you.

Edited by fcat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nope

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

We just had an e mail from the senator we wrote to in DC to find out what the situation was on our I-130, they sent us the following info which they received from the Washington DC USCIS.

is there anything else we can do to hurry this along ?

---------

Following you will find the response from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to my inquiry on your behalf. I hope that the information provided will be helpful and responsive to your specific concerns.

USCIS officials write "Thank you for your May 21, 2013 inquiry on behalf of your constituent, regarding her pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. USCIS records show that Form I-130 was filed January 2013 and it remains pending at this time. Due to lack of resources, the current processing time for I-130s is 6 to 12 months. We will notify the constituent as soon as possible if any further information is needed, or when a decision has been made."

My staff and I stand ready to be of assistance to you in any other matter that is of concern to you. Thank you.

i would definitely email, call or send a certified letter to the center director for your petition .. msc?? tom what's his name

your situation is unacceptable

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

My petition is at the Washington DC office in Fairfax, it was sent there from the MSC office, I'll try find out who the director of the USCIS office is in Fairfax and drop them a letter.

You filed the I-130 5 months ago? That's well within normal processing times. There's really nothing they will or can do for you. I know it hurts to hear it, but you need to be patient and keep your chin up. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I understand that but they haven't started working on the petitions yet from Aug 2012! if that's the case then ours will be approx 11 months, THATS not acceptable!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Welcome to America.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I understand that but they haven't started working on the petitions yet from Aug 2012! if that's the case then ours will be approx 11 months, THATS not acceptable!

I understand your frustration, but that's as long as it takes (and it's likely to be shorter than 11 months). In the past, I-130s took even longer to process. Believe it or not, things have gotten better.

You can spend your time writing letters and emails and making phone calls and generally banging your head against a brick wall (because trust me, it will feel like that), but unless things get really out of normal processing times, your time is better spent preparing for the move. I think everyone here who's gone through the process can attest that it's a LOT more work to do the move than anyone expected.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oh i can see how things were inthe past and i know things have got better, however not for everyone.

I'm not sure you're seeing what others are Maven, in August of last year all I-130petitions started getting sent to the NBC as Vermont was packed out with applications. Most were processed at the NBC and as you can see from the link below 85% of Jan 2013 petitions have been processed, most at NBC itself in a lot less time than 5 months. In fact, again looking at the link below, you'll see at least 50% of Feb 2013, a few from March 2013 and even a few from April 2013 have also been processed. For some reason a few petitions got sent out to regional office that have not in the past and do not currently process I-130 petitions.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=3&sortby=1

In the Washington DC transfers thread, there hasn't been once singe person had their petition approved since NBC started sending them there in August of last year, thereby it looks like DC haven't even started processing any petitions that they received yet!

This can be clearly seen by the chart below, in August last year receipts and pendings went through the roof, however completeds stayed pretty much the same.

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=26&charttype=1

As others have said, that's not acceptable!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh my gosh!! Seriously? I cannot wait 12 months for my NOA2 :(

12/30/2012 Got married!

02/01/2013 Sent I-130 via Priority Mail USPS

02/05/2013 NOA1 Priority Date

04/09/2013 Called USCIS-informed by Tier 2 officer that my case was transferred to Washington D.C. on March 13

09/05/2013 NOA2

09/27/2013 NVC received case

Submitted DS-261

Paid AOS bill

10/16/2013 Paid IV bill

10/19/2013 Submitted DS-260
10/21/2013 Mailed AOS and IV packages overnight

11/15/2013 IV package accepted/Checklist for AOS

11/26/2013 New AOS documents received at NVC

12/19/2013 Case Complete

12/27/2013-Received Interview letter

01/26/2014-Husband's Medical Exam

02/13/2014-Interview- Approved, but the consular officer did not see I-864 joint sponsor documents, and sent my husband home with the packet of all the original documents, and told him to mail it in when he gets it. My husband realized that the "missing" documents had been there all along. Husband immediately mailed it back.

02/26/2014-Consular office received "missing" documents and gave it to CO for review

03/17/2014-Visa Issued!

03/20/2014- Received Visa

03/21/2014- POE!

I waited NOA2 for 19 months..got RFE on the 17th month..Seeing petition got approved in a month or or even to the normal processing times is very distressing. It really takes a lot of patience..Just hang on there..you are still in the normal processing time..

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I waited NOA2 for 19 months..got RFE on the 17th month..Seeing petition got approved in a month or or even to the normal processing times is very distressing. It really takes a lot of patience..Just hang on there..you are still in the normal processing time..

I'm glad that you're now done with the process. 19 months IS a lot of time. However, it should be noted your case went to Vermont and not WashDC for processing, which is what this thread is about.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.