tallwall15

I-129F How we met: comments?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, here is my draft for the how we met question 18. What do you think? Any comments or suggestions?

ADDITIONAL SHEET Form I-129F

Part B, Question 18: Explanation of meeting in person

[name] and I met in [date] in [place]. I was on vacation with my cousin who knew a friend living in the area. His friend introduced me to [name] and we spent the next week together. Before returning to the USA, we agreed to engage in a long distance relationship. We communicated every day, either on the phone, texting, Skype, and video chat. We planned our next trip for [name] to come to the USA for two weeks in [date]. When she arrived in [place] I showed her numerous tourist attractions, took her to meet my family, and we continued to keep our relationship strong. She returned to [place] at the end of [date] and we continue to communicate every day. [name] will be coming to visit again in [date] for a couple months at which point we will file the petition for a K1 Visa.

You could fit all of this in the provided space on the I-129F without an additional sheet like so:

Date - Date - Place: Initially met through mutual friends while I was vacationing with my cousin.

Date - Date - Place: Name visited me in the USA

Date - Date - Place: Name visited me in the USA

This is the format I used, and the petition was approved without issue.

They want to see HOW you met (through mutual friends) and WHEN you have seen eachother in person within the past two years. Nothing more is needed.

It doesn't make sense that on the petition you will state that he/she will visit you and you will file the petition.

Edited by jenafid

Yeah we also attached a sheet and wrote stuff like

"then Stefanie came to visit me on the 10th september (please see boarding pass and eticket) and we went to the Statue of Liberty (Evidence A) and did this and that.

We also wrote what attracted us to each other and why we choose each other to be our partners

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

The clue is in both the title of the field and the size of the box. Tell them how you met and when (and possibly by what means/via who). Anything else is fluff and could make it harder for adjudicators to see the all important meeting dates (and we all know they need all the help they can get). jenafid's method is ideal.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the replies. This fits in the form box, how is this?

[name] and I met through mutual friends while I was vacationing with my cousin in [place] in [date]. She visited me in [place] in [date] for two weeks and she is currently here in [place] in [date] for two months as we file this petition for K1 Visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, here is my draft for the how we met question 18. What do you think? Any comments or suggestions?

ADDITIONAL SHEET Form I-129F

Part B, Question 18: Explanation of meeting in person

[name] and I met in [date] in [place]. I was on vacation with my cousin who knew a friend living in the area. His friend introduced me to [name] and we spent the next week together. Before returning to the USA, we agreed to engage in a long distance relationship. We communicated every day, either on the phone, texting, Skype, and video chat. We planned our next trip for [name] to come to the USA for two weeks in [date]. When she arrived in [place] I showed her numerous tourist attractions, took her to meet my family, and we continued to keep our relationship strong. She returned to [place] at the end of [date] and we continue to communicate every day. [name] will be coming to visit again in [date] for a couple months at which point we will file the petition for a K1 Visa.

Just the very first sentence is all that is requried.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. This fits in the form box, how is this?

[name] and I met through mutual friends while I was vacationing with my cousin in [place] in [date]. She visited me in [place] in [date] for two weeks and she is currently here in [place] in [date] for two months as we file this petition for K1 Visa.

That works just fine. Provide copies of the passport stamps and boarding passes from those trips as evidence of meeting within the last 2 years.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just keep it short and sweet and inside the little box on the form. I actually wrote a whole page answering that question, and the entire embassy interview was based off of my answer to that question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.