SimplyFilipina

K1 Psychiatric Exam Help Me Please

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

Anyone please badly need someone advised and I really feel like giving up, I already have my Interview on Monday, June 24, 2013. They told me that it will be delay casue I need to take my Psychiatric Exam. Only thing that I admit to the Dr. during my physical test is if I ever "TASTE", drug, such as marujuana, coke etc..

I want to to be completely honest cause I'm afraid to make mistake then so I honestly answer her yes and that was maybe Feb. of 2010. Then I was tole to go back on Friday for Psychiatric Exam, they said their the one who will resched my Visa interview.

I feel so devastated I'm trying to keep my sense cause I dont want them to really think that I have a mental or anger issue but I'm really disappointed. I don't know waht will happen now... Please help me if this will affect my Visa process. HELP HELP PLEASE!cray5ol.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What was the drug you tried? Was it only once?

I am glad you didn't lie and I am sure the psych exam is to determine if you have an addictive personality.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The normal affect of admitted drug use is a years of testing to prove you aren't currently using before they will issue a visa

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

What was the drug you tried? Was it only once?

I am glad you didn't lie and I am sure the psych exam is to determine if you have an addictive personality.

good luck

Out of curiosity I tried weed from a friend who offered me. They have me fill out a psychiatric question or form about drug use, same thing I said out of curiously and its honestly just 1 pop and didn't even feel anything. I even don't remember how it taste anymore.

Thank you I really hope so, its depressing that I have to move my interview schedule. I really miss my fiance, this papers is only the reason why were separated for quite a while with his nature of job he can go home every after 3months but now were deciding to save money for this visa process that's why I don't want him to go home.

The normal affect of admitted drug use is a years of testing to prove you aren't currently using before they will issue a visa

What do you mean? DO you have a basis from what your saying? Is that mean possible that my visa will be deny, or I need to be reschedule for interview next year?? That's really not fair...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What do you mean? DO you have a basis from what your saying? Is that mean possible that my visa will be deny, or I need to be reschedule for interview next year?? That's really not fair...

That is a pretty standard reaction from them. Admitted drug use can result in a one year ban with quarterly testing. Some people have had issues with this, others haven't. It depends on each case. It's possible they will deny you for the year, and others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'd have to refile the I-129f and start the process over.

event.png

event.png

That is a pretty standard reaction from them. Admitted drug use can result in a one year ban with quarterly testing. Some people have had issues with this, others haven't. It depends on each case. It's possible they will deny you for the year, and others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'd have to refile the I-129f and start the process over.

I dont want to be stress to much about it anymore its sad to hear if that will really happen. I'm going to go to that test at St. Luke tomorrow I will update this post for the benefit of filipina like me who will go through the same situation. I've been researching on this site or forums that will help me but so far I'm not suceeding to se an update for someone who initially post that common to this topic, I'm wondring why?! I'm praying maybe miracles will happen. I'm don't want to feel sorry to myself that I didn't lie or its because I was honest...

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Anyone please badly need someone advised and I really feel like giving up, I already have my Interview on Monday, June 24, 2013. They told me that it will be delay casue I need to take my Psychiatric Exam. Only thing that I admit to the Dr. during my physical test is if I ever "TASTE", drug, such as marujuana, coke etc..

I want to to be completely honest cause I'm afraid to make mistake then so I honestly answer her yes and that was maybe Feb. of 2010. Then I was tole to go back on Friday for Psychiatric Exam, they said their the one who will resched my Visa interview.

I feel so devastated I'm trying to keep my sense cause I dont want them to really think that I have a mental or anger issue but I'm really disappointed. I don't know waht will happen now... Please help me if this will affect my Visa process. HELP HELP PLEASE!cray5ol.gif

Hi any news yet whether you're approved or what not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum -- this has become a case update. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Hey Sorry for the late reply. But yeah the psyche went well. Nothing to worry about this just stick with your story. My medical is all cleared.

Does your medical result say Class A or B? I'm sorry if I have too many questions. My fiance and I are so worried about this medical and how it may affect the visa issuance. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.