atenea26

DCF in Frankfurt (2013)

268 posts in this topic

Thanks MissKate for your reply. Yes, I read this with the 6 months in the letter. I was thinking I would prefer to have the interview the latest in March just to have it over with. Is it possible to put a proposed travel date of April/May 2014 and then travel in July or August? After all, plans can change. So in other words, we would still enter the U.S. within 6 months, but have the interview done already a little earlier.

Oh, I guess you can write April/May then.

It is important to schedule the medical exam right.

For example, in Frankfurt it takes them about 3 day to send the results to the Consulate,

in Munich it is about 10-14 days or so and usually you get appointment not right away but in a week.

Another thing is that the Consulate is supposed get your medical first and only then schedule your appointment,

but maybe you could ask at the Consulate directly.

28.10.2013 filed our petition at DCF Frankfurt

23.12.2013 walk-in medical examination in Frankfurt

15.01.2014 petition approved via e-mail. Asked the Embassy for my case number to be sent via e-mail

15.01.2014 got NOA2 in the mail(date of approval 13.01.2014)

16.01.2014 got case number via e-mail

16.01.2014 filled out DS-260 form
17.01.2014 got case number from the Embassy in the mail

17.01.2014 sent the package №3 to the Embassy

12.02.2014 interview at the consulate in Frankfurt

That's good to know regarding the medical. We live closer to Munich, but if it takes that long there we might to go Frankfurt. So after we send in the next batch of documents, will we then receive a letter from the Consulate to go ahead and do the medical? Will they also let us know the date for the interview in this letter? I'm just curious what information the next letter from them will contain.

02/2005 - We met

09/2013 - Got married

12/16/2013 - I-130 package sent to Frankfurt Consulate

12/18/2013 - Fee charged to credit card

12/23/2013 - Received NOA1

01/27/2014 - I-130 approved

01/29/2014 - I-130 Approval letter received

02/24/2014 - DS-260 submitted online

02/27/2014 - Package 3 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

03/11/2014 - Interview letter received (interview in mid-April)

04/15/2014 - Visa approved

04/19/2014 - Visa received

09/10/2014 - U.S. entry (became permanent resident)

06/27/2016 - Filed  I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

07/08/2016 - Notice for biometrics appointment received

07/18/2016 - Biometrics appointment

10/27/2017 - Notice: New green card is being produced

Yesterday I received the letter with my approved I-130 petition (approval date was January 27). I was quite surprised it went so fast. In the letter it says we now have to follow steps 3-7. We don't have an exact travel date yet (we were thinking August 2014). Does anyone know if we have to fill in an exact date where it says "proposed travel date"? Or can we say something like "to be determined"?

Also, after we send in this next package, will we then hear back from them regarding when to do the medical?

Congratulations that it went so fast!!! We are still waiting.

Congratulations that it went so fast!!! We are still waiting.

Thanks :) Hopefully you'll also receive positive news very soon!

02/2005 - We met

09/2013 - Got married

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

That's good to know regarding the medical. We live closer to Munich, but if it takes that long there we might to go Frankfurt. So after we send in the next batch of documents, will we then receive a letter from the Consulate to go ahead and do the medical? Will they also let us know the date for the interview in this letter? I'm just curious what information the next letter from them will contain.

You usually get an appointment in Munich pretty fast. Frankfurt has the only advantage, that they accept walkins on the same day you have your interview in Frankfurt and forward the exam latest the next business day. If your not in a rush, I would go to Munich again.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

I have just got the letter with interview date 12 February today(the one after I sent the package 3)

it says: " if you have not scheduled my medical exam yet, please do it NOW. The medical examination must be completed prior to the interview by one of the panel physicians."

I have just got the letter with interview date 12 February today(the one after I sent the package 3)

it says: " if you have not scheduled my medical exam yet, please do it NOW. The medical examination must be completed prior to the interview by one of the panel physicians."

15.01.2014 petition approved via e-mail. Asked the Embassy for my case number to be sent via e-mail

Thanks smile.png Hopefully you'll also receive positive news very soon!

My petition was approved, I wrote to the second office yesterday where all approved petitions get transferred and they answered me with this today. whoohooo!!!

Dear Ms xxxxxxxx,

We received only your petition the 24 Jan 2014. Please be so kind and contact the USCIS office in Frankfurt USCIS.Frankfurt@DHS.GOV asking about the petition for your children.

Thank you very much

Thanks for this info! That's good to know.

My petition was approved, I wrote to the second office yesterday where all approved petitions get transferred and they answered me with this today. whoohooo!!!

Dear Ms xxxxxxxx,

We received only your petition the 24 Jan 2014. Please be so kind and contact the USCIS office in Frankfurt USCIS.Frankfurt@DHS.GOV asking about the petition for your children.

Thank you very much

That's great news :) I'm happy for you.

02/2005 - We met

09/2013 - Got married

That is very funny!!! My husband has just received I-171 (Notice of Approval). It says my petition was approved on Jan 15. When I contacted the immigration office where all approved petitions get transferred, they answered me my petition was approved on Jan 24. No news on my kids' petitions so far.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I was just wondering,

do they look at the evidence of the relationship which people bring with them, like photos, CDs etc.

and give it back at the end of the interview or they keep it?

I had plans on providing a couple of original documents from my previous stays in America,

and just to show them to the Consular and take them back home.

I had front loaded my i-130 with about 3 wedding pictures, and 3 pictures of subsequent trips. I had also included other evidences such as gifts, car insurance etc. For the interview, I took more photos and a wedding CD. However, I believe due to our circumstance (3.5 years since married) and both of same ethnicity and family and education background (both of us are from Asia, my wife just happens to be in Germany for studies), no extra evidences were asked. Only 3 to 4 questions were asked. How we met, when married ( I threw in the bone that it was an arranged marriage) and what I did for a living. But having a CD evidence of wedding ceremony was required in many consulates in previous years when there was no NVC stage and we brought the evidences at the day of interview and not before it.

I had front loaded my i-130 with about 3 wedding pictures, and 3 pictures of subsequent trips. I had also included other evidences such as gifts, car insurance etc. For the interview, I took more photos and a wedding CD. However, I believe due to our circumstance (3.5 years since married) and both of same ethnicity and family and education background (both of us are from Asia, my wife just happens to be in Germany for studies), no extra evidences were asked. Only 3 to 4 questions were asked. How we met, when married ( I threw in the bone that it was an arranged marriage) and what I did for a living. But having a CD evidence of wedding ceremony was required in many consulates in previous years when there was no NVC stage and we brought the evidences at the day of interview and not before it.

Thanks for the reply!

I have never thought about the wedding video.

Do you think it makes a difference if I bring the video on a flesh card, not on CD?

I mean they will still let me inside?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for the reply!

I have never thought about the wedding video.

Do you think it makes a difference if I bring the video on a flesh card, not on CD?

I mean they will still let me inside?

no flash drives. It is considered electronic device. To be honest, I am not sure, if there is any restriction in bringing DVD, but in my case we had the Xray cd and wedding cd. They didnt ask or check.

What do you mean by saying arranged marriage? I think you are probably confusing and your marriage was not arranged. I guess you meant to say that the wedding ceremony was arranged because according to the USCIS definition of arranged marriage it means that it is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

New to the forum, but have enjoyed (and learned a lot from) everyone's posts! I'm a USC living in Germany with permanent residency here and my husband (of 5 years) is a German citizen. We've decided to start the process of filing the spouse visa :)

I'm in the process of gathering all documentation to file the I-130 form -- and I had some specific questions that I hope maybe some other filers in Frankfurt may have some answers to :)

My only question regarding the form is regarding the proof of bona fide Marriage, in addition to submitting our marriage certificate (we have an international copy of this in English):

1) Frankfurt's own instruction sheet on filing this form makes this step sound "optional" (though I assume it's more the case that it's highly recommended!) It says:

If filing on behalf of a spouse, you may also wish to submit additional evidence related to the
bona fides of the marriage...
Advice?

2) I have plenty of proof (in terms of joint bank account, our names are on multiple rent contracts together, we've always filed our taxes together etc.) -- but these docs are all in German. It clearly states that we need a translation in the instructions -- even though later on throughout the process the Frankfurt consulate indicates copies in German or English are accepted. -- I assume I'll need to get translations done, though, right?

3) What wasn't indicated by the translations was whether or not they need to be done by a certified translator/need to be notarized. It clearly states on the instructions:

Any document presented to USCIS that is not in English MUST have a COMPLETE translation into the

English language. The person that completes the translation must list his/her name and indicate he/she is fluent
in both the English and foreign language and that the translation is complete and accurate.
This could be theoretically anyone, (I am fluent in German myself--though I assume the petitioner is not allowed to translate their own docs) as long as they indicate this on the translation, correct? If any person fluent in German can do this, that would be awesome!-- those documents listed above are lengthy and would be expensive to translate!
I would appreciate any advice or experiences you had in this matter !
Thank you,
Schinx

10/2006- Started dating

06/07/08- Got Engaged

06/2009 - Got Married

03/05/2014 - I-130 package sent to Frankfurt Consulate

03/07/2014 - Fee charged to credit card

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1

03/19/2014 - I-130 approved

04/08/2014 - DS-260 submitted online

04/24/2014 - Package 3 sent off in the mail to Frankfurt

05/03/2014 - Received Interview Appointment via Mail

05/14/2014 - Medical Exam Complete!

05/27/2014 - Interview -- Visa was Approved!

06/02/2014 - Visa arrived via Registered Mail :-)

07/17/2014 - POE Detroit -- We're here!

08/26/2014 -- Pending issue with Typographical Error in Permanent Residency Card...Case Filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.