vanityyve

K1 Visa June-July 2013

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you are what? Advertising your blog??

You are missing some of the required documents...

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello Sir,

I didn't mean to break the rules and policies of VJ Community as I wasn't aware advertising of own blog is strictly not allowed. My intention was in good faith to be of help to Filipino applicants in going through K1 Visa process which is not an easy process. My sincerest apology to the VJ Team. I believe the requirements I posted are the ones stated in Manila Embassy website. If there's missing then the applicant can just email them through IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Timeline

Hello Sir,

I didn't mean to break the rules and policies of VJ Community as I wasn't aware advertising of own blog is strictly not allowed. My intention was in good faith to be of help to Filipino applicants in going through K1 Visa process which is not an easy process. My sincerest apology to the VJ Team. I believe the requirements I posted are the ones stated in Manila Embassy website. If there's missing then the applicant can just email them through IVManilaReplies@state.gov

I don't have a clue if there are rules on VJ or not, I was just asking.

But I would suggest you read through the embassy instructions letter as you also need the DS-230, its listed at item "e"

Here is a link to the embassy instructions letter for the K-1

Are you doing CFO before the embassy interview or waiting until after your visa is in hand?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

*** moved to Philippines forum as OP has stated topic is Philippines specific ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I don't have a clue if there are rules on VJ or not, I was just asking.

But I would suggest you read through the embassy instructions letter as you also need the DS-230, its listed at item "e"

Here is a link to the embassy instructions letter for the K-1

Are you doing CFO before the embassy interview or waiting until after your visa is in hand?

Hi,

I missed that one indeed. Although, I just referred all of the list from the embassy website: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_001.pdf

I added it, thanks for bringing that up to my attention. I am no blogger nor an article writer. Just thought I could give out some tips or advice.

I am planning to attend the seminar the day after my interview (hopefully everything will go through smoothly) then I'll go back the day that I'll receive my visa for CFO Sticker. I opted to pick up my visa at 2GO Mall of Asia as it only takes 3-4 business days (according to some successful applicants I've researched online).

Timeline

Hate to see you get to the embassy for the interview missing a form and having them give you a 221g .

That embassy letter you gave the link to is outdated, the link I gave you in the earlier post leads to the current letter.

There is a link in my signature below that covers the K-1 process also, including the CFO adventure.

I have read a few different times that MOA is very quick location for getting the visa.

All the best in your journey.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hate to see you get to the embassy for the interview missing a form and having them give you a 221g .

That embassy letter you gave the link to is outdated, the link I gave you in the earlier post leads to the current letter.

There is a link in my signature below that covers the K-1 process also, including the CFO adventure.

I have read a few different times that MOA is very quick location for getting the visa.

All the best in your journey.

Your post earlier was a great help. Ironically, I printed out 2 copies of DS-230 a few weeks ago and I forgot one of the most important thing in my site. I haven't received any mail from the embassy till now although I was advised there's really no need for me to wait for the letter. It's just frustrating sometimes. Others received it and some don't.

Thanks a lot. Once I'm done with my interview experience, I for sure will share and post it here.

Timeline

Your post earlier was a great help. Ironically, I printed out 2 copies of DS-230 a few weeks ago and I forgot one of the most important thing in my site. I haven't received any mail from the embassy till now although I was advised there's really no need for me to wait for the letter. It's just frustrating sometimes. Others received it and some don't.

Thanks a lot. Once I'm done with my interview experience, I for sure will share and post it here.

Most never receive the letter from the embassy telling them the can start the visa application. I am not talking about the appointment confirmation letter (or email), you will need that or if you scheduled online the confirmation page after scheduling online. What did you show to SLEC?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Most never receive the letter from the embassy telling them the can start the visa application. I am not talking about the appointment confirmation letter (or email), you will need that or if you scheduled online the confirmation page after scheduling online. What did you show to SLEC?

The employee from IVU is right then. She told me for K1 Visa once you confirmed with them your case status you can schedule your appointment right away and start compiling the required documents and undergo medical exams. No need to wait for the letter just print out the Appointment Confirmation Email. I printed 2 copies of it and 2 copies of the letter from NVC that my fiance received. He scanned and sent it through my email. That's what I submitted in SLEC. I even called SLEC to confirm the requirements and told them I haven't received any mail from embassy so they advised me to print out the NVC letter with MNL Case number because that's what they need.

Timeline

The employee from IVU is right then. She told me for K1 Visa once you confirmed with them your case status you can schedule your appointment right away and start compiling the required documents and undergo medical exams. No need to wait for the letter just print out the Appointment Confirmation Email. I printed 2 copies of it and 2 copies of the letter from NVC that my fiance received. He scanned and sent it through my email. That's what I submitted in SLEC. I even called SLEC to confirm the requirements and told them I haven't received any mail from embassy so they advised me to print out the NVC letter with MNL Case number because that's what they need.

Excellent. Until recently SLEC was letting the K-1 get the medical completed with just the appointment confirmation, then SLEC started requiring a letter from either NVC or USEM with the MNL # on it, the letter from USEM is next to impossible so I have been telling folks that once they get the NVC letter with the MNL # to email a copy to their fiancée as that will make SLEC happy.

BTW I have no issue opening the link to your blog.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Excellent. Until recently SLEC was letting the K-1 get the medical completed with just the appointment confirmation, then SLEC started requiring a letter from either NVC or USEM with the MNL # on it, the letter from USEM is next to impossible so I have been telling folks that once they get the NVC letter with the MNL # to email a copy to their fiancée as that will make SLEC happy.

BTW I have no issue opening the link to your blog.

Seems to me that they need an update on their website when it comes to requirements. That way it wouldn't be a pain for applicants who are having a hard time understanding what they really require from you. The process doesn't end here. Once you arrived in the US, there are plenty of things to attend to. Applying for SSN, AOS, Applying for Employment Authorization, then after the wedding request to change the last name in SSN, so on and so forth. I'm not worried about these, my fiance and I will work on it together but the most thrilling part of it all is the Interview Day. I'm just wondering if they allow applicant's fiance to enter in the embassy building.

I couldn't open your blog site but here is our page: http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/

You can try deleting cache on your browser and try again. If not, there's a lot of useful topics out here that you can get ideas with. Thanks for sharing that one will surely take a look at it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.