Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

confetti.gif

IN TRANSIT!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

21 days!!!!

Thank u, friends!!!!!!! widehug.gif

There you go :) Good luck! :joy:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

There you go :) Good luck! :joy:

Oh thank u so much) It's such a great, great support - because people here were at the same situation and only here they can understand what does it mean to wait, wait, wait...)))...

Thank u for everything!!!! (F)

Now it's two more big steps - status Ready and status Administrative Processing (in Moscow embassy we may schedule our interview only after getting Afministrative Processing). God willing soon I will hug my sweetheart)

cupidsendlove.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Friends, we got our Administrative Processing just now. :goofy:

So - NVS stage took 1 month and 3 days. Had my medical last week already, so tomorrow (I hope) I gonna schedule our interview.

Thank u to all of u. God bless u, friends!

cupidsendlove.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I.have.No.Words:((( Three weeks has gone - and our case is still "At NVC". Our case was approved 1,5 month ago, it's 21 days since our case came to NVC (16 working days). What kind of delay/AP is that? :crying:

Called them again today - and "Sorry, ma'am, ur case is still here, it might be send to the embassy shortly, but I can't tell exactly when". I wish I could find out if they at least started working with our case... Where is my In transit, Ready, Administrative Processing? :(((( OMG.

There is really nothing to worry about at this point. Just stressing on time. but you should be out of AP soon. look at the threads of all of us that had gone through the same thing. Once your out of AP you will be moving along quickly. I stayed in AP about 20 days. your wait will soon be over, hang in there and keep your head up. they will do what they need to do and there is nothing you can do but wait. try and occupy your time with getting the things you need to get together for the next step. Police cert. shots and get your interview docs together if you have not done this already. Good luck. My In transit and Ready took 2 hours total so things moved pretty quickly after that. Administrative processing is after your approved so you must first have your interview before you reach that stage. We all know how you feel it is just a step that you must endure. I am telling you I stressed for 5 months and even got denied at the first interview and still prevailed. It will be so worth it once your fiancé finally reaches you. Keep your eye on the prize you still have a huge hurdle to get over and it is not NVC. :)

Friends, we got our Administrative Processing just now. :goofy:

So - NVS stage took 1 month and 3 days. Had my medical last week already, so tomorrow (I hope) I gonna schedule our interview.

Thank u to all of u. God bless u, friends!

Oops didn't see this.. Congrats!!

Did anyone here have a long wait in AP at the NVC stage and then again after your interview?

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

My case was approved at NVC 2 weeks back and they said they will be arranging the interview. But now its nearing 3 weeks and I didnt receive anything from NVC but my sister received her appointment letter 2 weeks back and we both have same priority date?.. When I ask through an email from NVC they are sending the same e-mail to me. Please can you tell me how long will it take them to schedule the interview?

If we send emails to NVC one after a another will they get annoyed??

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

19 days after NVC assigned my case number (11/5) FINALLY IN TRANSIT TODAY!!!!!! I am so overjoyed and excited to report this thanks to all for your support and wisdom!

I'm not quite sure if this had anything to do with it, but I visited the website of the US Embassy in DR http://santodomingo....-contact-e.html

and emailed support@ustraveldocs.com inquiring about the status of my case and tell me anything further (more than the CEAC website or NVC has been telling me). A few emails and a few hours later, checking CEAC for probably the fourth time today it is IN TRANSIT!!!!

Husband now USC Jan 2020! 

Born in DR

K1 Visa in 2016

2 babies together

Petitioned 130 for my stepsons (as USC at that time March 2019)

Petitioned 130 for mother in law (husband petitioned April 2020 - after he became citizen)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How long will it take NVC schedule an interview after completing there process??

gentle reminder:

1. This is a K-1-focused topic (not your visa type)

2. NVC doesn't schedule interviews for K-1 visa chasers.

3. why you not make a timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=220493yet? Please revisit on a PC, make a timeline, soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

NVC recieved our case on Dec 8th. We are still stuck there with no questions.

What do u think it means?

I am calling this afternoon to gind out more but I'm trying to see if there's abybody in the same situation

Hello everybody!

I am calling this afternoon to gind out more but I'm trying to see if there's abybody in the same situation

There have been plenty of people in the past, long past and recent past, who were stuck here for AP. Besides this thread, there is an earlier thread as well, which was closed because it grew very large.

We were stuck there for nearly 2 months, from 19 November 2008, until January 10 2009. That's about when they started subjecting K1's to extra scrutiny that we became aware of here on VJ. Times now, you will be relieved to hear, are down quite a lot since then.

You can call them as often as you would like, but in the end, all there is to do is wait. Be sure if you can, to come back an update the thread with the date they send your petition on.

Good luck!

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn't realize you are not on a K1 visa, but a cr1.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Thank u for your response!

This is what I got calling:

Case closed on Jan 13th and waiting to get an interview date. They can only issue a certain amount of appointments each month so I guess February should come with good news

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everybody!

Sorry, this is a K-1 visa chasers topic.

There are other topics for CR-1/IR-1 visa chasers - easily found when logged in at VJ from a PC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My fiancé application was approved on the 11th of April. NVC is saying they have not received the case, USCIS is saying they sent the case to NVC... is it possible the NVC has the case file and has not got to process it yet??? What do you guys think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.