Scott and Olya

No available appointments at the US Embassy in Moscow?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok, this is maddening. We waited through the NOA2 and paperwork was sent on to the NVC. From the NVC to the Embassy in Moscow. On Thursday, 6/6/13 we received and email inviting my fiance to pay the free and schedule her interview appointment.

She signed in to ustraveldocs.com and paid the fee. It took a day to register that she had paid it. Finally, she made it to the appointment screen and

"There are currently no available appointments."

shows over a greyed out three month calendar.

I have emailed ConsulMo@state.gov numerous times, which I will briefly mention:

Me: Please give my fiance an appointment.

Embassy: She has to do it herself.

Me: Thank you for your reply, but I feel that you did not understand my request. There are currently no appointments available. How can she schedule an appointment?

Embassy: If convenient dates are unavailable, please check back for additional dates at a later time. They should be available shortly.

Me: (After calling the National Visa Center in D.C. and speaking to the nicest woman who directed me to send this:) Can you please be more specific? We were invited to schedule an interview and have been waiting 4 days (now 6 days). When will interviews be made available to schedule?

And this is where we're at. Anybody have some insight for us?

Filed: Other Timeline

I know it's very similar at US consulates throughout Russia, especially in summer - you sometimes have to wait for an appointment for a long time. They only let you schedule one for the upcoming 3 months, so maybe towards the end of this month she will be able to schedule one once they make September appointments available for scheduling. It sucks so much! I would try calling the embassy in Moscow and hopefully speak to a person there, but reality is those appointments have to be scheduled way in advance. Can you maybe try to get an appointment at another embassy in another , "less busy" city in Russia? I think the fee could be transferred to that other location where you are able to get an appointment scheduled. Good Luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you maybe try to get an appointment at another embassy in another , "less busy" city in Russia? I think the fee could be transferred to that other location where you are able to get an appointment scheduled. Good Luck!!!

K-1 interviews are only given in Moscow.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

Wow. That sucks... please keep us updated on what happens next!

01-12-2013 - Engaged

01-18-2013 - Sent I-129F

01-22-2013 - NOA1

06-21-2013 - Transferred to TSC

07-09-2013 - NOA2 (due to the glitch I find out about it on July 25th)

09-19-2013 - Interview in Moscow

Timeline

Congrats, guys!! Good luck on your interview!!!

Edited by Alex+Nastya
01-12-2013 - Engaged

01-18-2013 - Sent I-129F

01-22-2013 - NOA1

06-21-2013 - Transferred to TSC

07-09-2013 - NOA2 (due to the glitch I find out about it on July 25th)

09-19-2013 - Interview in Moscow

Timeline

Consular Appointment Details

Date: Friday June 21, 2013 MOSCOW

Wow! I woke up this morning to great news - appointment dates opened up and Olga was able to schedule her interview for next Friday!! Signing in and checking ustraveldocs.gov every hour or so for a week finally paid off! It takes 3-5 days from the inteview to get your visa delivered to your door, and that means that she should be here with me BEFORE JULY!!!

WOOHOO! =)

One tip for those needing to schedule an interview: have your fiance share her login information with you so that you can sign in to ustraveldocs.com and check for an interview appointment too. I handled it when she was sleeping during my day. I checked it 1.5 hours before she got the date!

Edited by Scott and Olya

Timeline

Congrats, guys!! Good luck on your interview!!!

Thanks! We're not worried, we met in high school when she was an exchange student. Good thing I kept those pictures! =)

Just saw your Happy news...Congrats to you both!!!!!!

Thank you! Hope you get your interview date soon!

Timeline

Thanks for posting about this. We ran into the same problem. I called the Embassy and they e-mailed me that appointments wold soon be available and also a message in Cyrillic that I understood to mean that no appointments were available until October, and that I should check back in July. This is the message I received:

Your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.

Date/Time Case Opened:

6/13/2013 8:03 AM

Description:

Origin:

Email

Case Reason:

Any other query

Public Response:

В ближайшее время будут открыты даты собеседования на июль 2013 г. Вы можете назначить ваше собеседование до 13 октября 2013 г.

Иммиграционный Отдел
Посольство США в Москве

We will keep logging on to the TravelDocs site in hopes that we can get an Interview soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Things were going very quickly until our approved K1 petition was sent to Moscow. I paid my app fee and registered for Olya and received the same awful sentence ... No appointments available. So I have to check every hour for one to open up in August, when I would like to go. I hope this is a temporary glitch and not because they really are booked up. My NOA1 was received in Calif office Feb 12 and approved May 29 - 3 1/2 months. It took NVC five weeks to send to Moscow. I had hoped we could simply schedule the interview on a Wed and do the medical test On a Monday. Does that sound reasonable or should Olya take a 12 hour train ride or two hour flight to Moscow ahead of the interview, especially if it might take a month or more to get scheduled?

Jay G

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.