pauljdwsn

income from last year insufficient to sponsor but sufficient here on

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Guys,

My wife's income, based on which she filed her most recent taxes, was insufficient. However, her job was made permanent and she now meets the income requirement. In fact, I (alien) also have a job and on my own can (almost) support our family. How do I go about this since my wife doesn't have a W-2 and tax returns which show that she has sufficient income to support me? will a job offer showing her new income do?

thanks.

Filed: Timeline

Hey Guys,

My wife's income, based on which she filed her most recent taxes, was insufficient. However, her job was made permanent and she now meets the income requirement. In fact, I (alien) also have a job and on my own can (almost) support our family. How do I go about this since my wife doesn't have a W-2 and tax returns which show that she has sufficient income to support me? will a job offer showing her new income do?

thanks.

You need a letter from her employer stating that he is employed and what her regular income (if not salary, then number of hours and hourly wage). You also need some recent paystubs showing the income.

If you are authorized to work and you will have the same job after you adjust status, you can add your income to the amount you're using to qualify as well. You would need to show that you are authorized to work (visa or EAD card), what your income is, and that your job will continue after you adjust status. She will still need to sponsor you and fill out the form, but you can add your income to the amount youre using to qualify. If she makes enough, it's not necessary.

I am in the same boat, but i didnt use co-sponsor this time as now i can fully meet the poverty but now just waiting on if they will accept myself or not .. its up to you if you want to go on with it or use co-sponsor as backup...

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Guys,

thanks.

Have her get a letter from her employer stating her position is permanent and how much she is paid. She should also provide her most recent pay stub(s) to show her current income. Current annual income is hourly rate times how many hours worked a week then multiplied by 52 weeks. For example: $10 an hour x 40 hours x 52 weeks = $20,800 current annual income.

When working legally, you just need to prove your job will remain the same after you get your green card, and you can add your income onto your wife's I-864. Your combined incomes will then be what is used to meet the requirement. Get a letter from your own employer stating your job is also permanent and you will continue working there when you become a permanent resident. Have that letter also include your salary and add a copy of your own most recent pay stub.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Student Visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks so much for the advice guys. is there any mention of this suggestion (to get a letter from my wife's employer about the permanancy of her job) in the USCIS literature/ website- just so that i have peace of mind. thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks so much for the advice guys. is there any mention of this suggestion (to get a letter from my wife's employer about the permanancy of her job) in the USCIS literature/ website- just so that i have peace of mind. thanks again.

Page 5 of the I-864 instructions mentions letter from employer > http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.