19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are currently in the K1 process awaiting our NA02 . Our baby is due sometime June-July . How long of a process is the CRBA ? Done around the same time of a K1 visa interview how will this effect us ? We both want to bring the baby home together in one trip . I have been telling my fiancee that this may add extra time and she is fine with that . Just as long as we are all together . That is important to me as well as with her .

I have been looking into the Family Leave act with my job . To see if I would qualify for that type of leave . I could not find any such agreements for a baby born out of the country . I would think that this condition would also apply to babies born out of the country . To have that time to be at the interviews would be very helpful . Has anyone used this option ?

What type of evidence would be accepted as proof of the biological child ? I can prove I was there during conception . We would have the Philippines birth certificate with us being the parents . However can DNA be an issue ? Should we just go ahead and do this or is this only accepted by approved locations ? I do not know much about American/Filipino babies , but from what I have learned the American genes are dominant . The baby will look quite different from parents native to the Philippines . Is this always the case ? What if your baby looks more Filipino then American ? Can this cause doubt with the US Embassy in Manila ?

Should we go ahead and complete the K1 Visa and have it in hand and then apply for the CRBA ? We would still at least need to report the baby on the forms involved with the interview ?

Thanks for any help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If DNA is required, they will ask for it and send you to a specific location.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Type of evidence would be accepted as proof of the biological child would be as followed but not limited. Acceptance of evidence will be at the discretion of the USEM consular officer, and depending on the circumstances, the consular officer may ask for additional material. The link given above has all the answers you need the process is straight forward IMO and experience. I did and would recommend to acquire the CRBA before the K-1

NSO true copy birth Cert. (child) USC name on the cert.

Proof of parent US citizenship.

US passport with entry stamps (Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception.)

True copy of NSO Marriage cert. If applies

Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception. Airline tickets, (Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception.)

Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements, and pictures. Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA/US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road. This may take sometime for new born baby’s ( acquiring NSO Cert.)

As for any DNA Do not initiate a DNA test unless it is recommended by the Embassy for your pending CRBA application. A DNA test that is done independently will not be accepted to support a CRBA or Passport application. For more information, read the DNA Procedures. Click here for the

English version. Click here for the Filipino version.

If your proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception.) and other supporting documents are strong, you should have no need for DNA testing. In or out of wedlock... The key points for USEM is USC physical presence in same location at time of conception. Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements.

What type of evidence would be accepted as proof of the biological child ?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

We just had our baby's crba just June 4,2013. Exactly 3 Weeks after our baby's born. It was a smooth interview, my fiancé is with me so it was an additional point :)

We're there 7:30am though our appointment is 9:15 and we just head straight to the 2nd floor. Waited almost an hour til our number was flashed on the screen, the Filipino consul checked our papers and she said everything's ok so she asked my fiancé to pay the $$$$. And then went back to her and asked to wait again for American consul interview.

The American is really kind, he was talking to my fiancé about china and San Francisco and asked few questions like how long our relationship is, have I met his family and asked some of our pictures.

He then said, I can't see any problem here. It was approved!

Read all the details about the crba stuffs, I've seen some couples, single applicant who was asked to go home because of missing papers.

Good luck. If you want to ask something you can message me. :)

Timeline

We're not asked to get DNA exam. As long as you're able to prove that you have genuine relationship before she gets preggy. In my case, we submitted photos of us together before I get pregnant, while I'm preggy and after I gave birth. But he doesn't even bother checking all those, he picked 1 photo and asked me where it is. Just be confident, it's not really scary at all.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mentioned on this thread that the child is not yours: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/429756-k-1-add-child/?hl=%2Bchild+%2Bnot+%2Bmine#entry6223406

Won't things go a wrong turn if the consul demands a DNA test?

Timeline

You mentioned on this thread that the child is not yours: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/429756-k-1-add-child/?hl=%2Bchild+%2Bnot+%2Bmine#entry6223406

I have accepted the fact that the baby may not be mine . We have overcome this part of our relationship . However recent ultrasound results date the conception to when I was there . I feel my best thing to do our own DNA test in the Philippines . Before moving onto the embassy .

Timeline

I have accepted the fact that the baby may not be mine . We have overcome this part of our relationship . However recent ultrasound results date the conception to when I was there . I feel my best thing to do our own DNA test in the Philippines . Before moving onto the embassy .

Yes that may be the best option, do the DNA test first before finalizing the baby's birth certificate and filing CRBA.

You may want to check this laboratory (it is NOT accredited by USEM but you can do the initial paternity/DNA test there): https://www.hi-precision.com.ph/services.do?item_id=1774

can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

Timeline

You can't undergo crba if the baby's not yours. You will need k2 visa. Yes, you may consider getting your own DNA first before filing for the baby. Don't take any risk, for it may also affect your k1 petition.

I don't know if it applies to everyone, but mostly babies with white daddy look more like American. (My case is different, my fiancé is Asian but still looks like her daddy).

Timeline

You can't undergo crba if the baby's not yours. You will need k2 visa. Yes, you may consider getting your own DNA first before filing for the baby. Don't take any risk, for it may also affect your k1 petition.

I don't know if it applies to everyone, but mostly babies with white daddy look more like American. (My case is different, my fiancé is Asian but still looks like her daddy).

I had no intentions of trying to trick the US embassy . We will go with the DNA test and file the correct procedure for the baby .

Accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). Not accredited by USEM.smile.png

Yes that may be the best option, do the DNA test first before finalizing the baby's birth certificate and filing CRBA.

You may want to check this laboratory (it is NOT accredited by USEM but you can do the initial paternity/DNA test there): https://www.hi-precision.com.ph/services.do?item_id=1774

Timeline

Accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). Not accredited by USEM.smile.png

Okay, NOT accredited by both AABB and USEM.

when i went for crba for my daughter, she has dominant american features and looks more like the dad so the process went smooth :D

as long as you prove that you are together at the time of conception and had a relationship with the mom of your baby, it should be okay. please make sure you have a solid evidence..

goodluck. and make sure to speed up the process for your baby's birth certificate and have your schedule at the US embassy ASAP

No, nono. It is "accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). Not accredited by USEM." USEM has nothing to do with the

accreditation.

If a DNA test is recommended the petitioner (you) will initiate the process by selecting a laboratory where the DNA sample will be collected. The laboratory you select must be accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). To find the laboratory in the U.S. nearest you, visit their list of Accredited Facilities.

Okay, NOT accredited by both AABB and USEM.

Edited by sjr09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.