Preethi Arun

Alert!! Do not send new i864 (AOS)

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did you ever get a chance to speak to NVC? If so, did they explain?

Apologies for not getting back to you.

I spoke to first level at NVC. She basically said that she cannot deny nor confirm that they are having AOS form issue and furthermore that she is not allowed and can not guide me on which form to send.

So I sent both versions.

We'll see if they can apply gumption or maybe I'll get an RFE.

PS: Love your profile pic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Apologies for not getting back to you.

I spoke to first level at NVC. She basically said that she cannot deny nor confirm that they are having AOS form issue and furthermore that she is not allowed and can not guide me on which form to send.

So I sent both versions.

We'll see if they can apply gumption or maybe I'll get an RFE.

PS: Love your profile pic.

Thanks for the picture compliment. I think you will be fine with your forms. Most people at the USCIS and NVC have no clue of how it feels to be apart from their loved ones. So it really doesn't matter to them, all they are worried about is getting a pay check. In my opinion. I called to find out some info from USCIS. I spoke to a immigration officer and she never answered MY question. She gave me the information she wanted me to have. I'm going to call back again next week because if you keep calling you will get someone who is willing to listen and help. Please keep me posted of your process.

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

oh goddddd im getting veryyyyyyy stressed :( cants take this any morecray5ol.gif its been nearly a month that our IV and AOS package is ON HOLD !!!!!!!!dead.gif

im thinking maybe we should go a head and send the old version too !!! its a risk but we are having delay any ways and i do not think that they will do anything about it any time soonheadbonk.gif:(

any one agree????

Mine too.. AOS on hold..NVC can not give me a definite timeframe as to when they will review my AOS packet.. cray5ol.gif

Can I ask why is your AOS on hold? and what version of I-864 did you sent it?..thanks

event.png

event.png

06/08/2006 - Bf & Gf

04/25/2011 - Married

10/22/2012 - I-130 sent

10/26/2012 - receipt# txt & email (MSC)Priority date 10/26

10/27/2012 - check cashed in

01/22/2013 - NOA2 hoorayyy!

01/23/2013 - Email Post Decision Activity

02/18/2013 - Received by NVC

03/11/2013 - Received email from NVC with DS-3032 &

AOS bill generated

03/13/2013 - Pay AOS bill ($88)

04/01/2013 - Received Email DS3032 accepted

04/01/2013 - Received Email IV bill been generated

04/02/2013 - Pay IV bill ($230)

04/06/2013 - IV bill shows Paid

04/10/2013 - Mailed AOS package

06/05/2013 - Mailed IV bill

06/21/2013 - Case Complete (via phonecall NVC)

06/28/2013 - Receive Confirmation Case complete (via Email)

07/15/2013 - Receive Email of Packet 4 (Interview date)

08/06/2013 - Scheduled Interview

~*~*APPROVED~*~*~

called again today, still, nothing. nvc rep said i can send the old form and theyll gonna review it. i asked her what if when they received the old form and there is already a procedure to review the new form, whats gonna happen? and she said she dont know..lol

oh well patience is virtue. God has plan for everything.

Can I ask why is your AOS on hold? and what version of I-864 did you sent it?..thanks

My AOS was on hold just like the rest because we send in the new version of I-864..crying.gif What did you send-the old or new vesion?

Edited by Memphis

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

sure

they kept it on hold cuz we send them the new version of i-864 :( and they apparently dont know what to do with it !

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Well i got a response back from USCIS pertaining to this situation, they said..

The status of this service request is:

USCIS records show that your Form I-130 petition was approved on March 6, 2013. USCIS role in processing this petition is now complete.

If you have any further questions regarding your visa being issued, you may visit the U.S. Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov or contact them at the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: WC
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915
Phone 202.663.1225

We hope this information is helpful to you.

I read this and was like #######!!

Soo I called back(@4:21pm)(1-800-375-5283) and explained the situation again to a representative, he said he'll transfer me to a representative a stage higher and a msg came up stating wait time is one hundred something minutes and if i would like i can have them call me back and not lose my place in the call hold line..i get a call at 8:02pm stating that they are resuming the hold and i wait 15 or so minutes until some lady answers and asks me for my info(name,receipt number,DOB) then she goes on to say..... "CONGRATULATIONS your I-130 has been approved" ...I say that is not what I called about, and that i contacted them on the 30th of last month and was told ya'll would contact NVC about why my AOS is on hold and contact me back in three to five days and the email i got today doesn't answer any questions and the issue is NVC is stating that instructions haven't been "developed" yet on processing the new AOS and I would like to know when this would occur or if i should send the old one, she starts explaining to me where i can download the form(http://www.uscis.gov),headbonk.gif I tell her that I have already filled it, sent it, and NVC has placed a hold on it waiting for instructions from ya'll on how to process it, she says they don't process it and I'll have to contact NVC to get info on it.headbonk.gif ..I try to explain to her again whats going on..(I didn't have a bad attitude at ALL through out this conversation, I was calm and clear).. she tells me the same thing and quickly says "thank you for contacting USCIS and have a great day" CLICK

She hung up on me ranting33va.gif ... she didn't understand what i was trying to tell her and she made no attempt to try to understand.. I understand its late and she wants to probably go home to her family but this is ridiculous. I didn't expect this from a government employee

Tomorrow I'll call back and try againdry.png

vj terminology to know

NOA = notice of action :P

ISO = immigration service officer

NBC = (same as MSC)national benefits center

RFE = request for evidence

z2k0rd6.png

Thank you preetyv to update us , haha this is really crazy , i thought you got the answer , the good news , i emailed USCIS ( facebook) few days ago , and have not get yet any answer ,

Keep calling NVC , we call everyday ,

Edited by rawas

Well i got a response back from USCIS pertaining to this situation, they said..

I read this and was like #######!!

Soo I called back(@4:21pm)(1-800-375-5283) and explained the situation again to a representative, he said he'll transfer me to a representative a stage higher and a msg came up stating wait time is one hundred something minutes and if i would like i can have them call me back and not lose my place in the call hold line..i get a call at 8:02pm stating that they are resuming the hold and i wait 15 or so minutes until some lady answers and asks me for my info(name,receipt number,DOB) then she goes on to say..... "CONGRATULATIONS your I-130 has been approved" ...I say that is not what I called about, and that i contacted them on the 30th of last month and was told ya'll would contact NVC about why my AOS is on hold and contact me back in three to five days and the email i got today doesn't answer any questions and the issue is NVC is stating that instructions haven't been "developed" yet on processing the new AOS and I would like to know when this would occur or if i should send the old one, she starts explaining to me where i can download the form(http://www.uscis.gov),headbonk.gif I tell her that I have already filled it, sent it, and NVC has placed a hold on it waiting for instructions from ya'll on how to process it, she says they don't process it and I'll have to contact NVC to get info on it.headbonk.gif ..I try to explain to her again whats going on..(I didn't have a bad attitude at ALL through out this conversation, I was calm and clear).. she tells me the same thing and quickly says "thank you for contacting USCIS and have a great day" CLICK

She hung up on me ranting33va.gif ... she didn't understand what i was trying to tell her and she made no attempt to try to understand.. I understand its late and she wants to probably go home to her family but this is ridiculous. I didn't expect this from a government employee

Tomorrow I'll call back and try againdry.png

lol

keep us updated.. im tempted now to send the old version..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.