28 posts in this topic

god blesses your interview :) good luck!

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck and God bless you!

event.png

event.png

10/08 - I 129F Packet Sentgood.gif
10/09 - Received by USCIS Dallas Lockbox
10/10 - Check Cashed
10/11 - NOA1 (Email)kicking.gif
10/12 - Case Touched
10/16 - NOA1 (Hard Copy)dancin5hr.gif
04/26 - Case Touched
04/26 - Alien Registration Number changed

04/26 - NOA2 (Email) APPROVED! kicking.gif

05/02 - NOA2 (Hard Copy) dancin5hr.gif

05/17 - MNL Case Number

07/30 - Interview (APPROVED!!!) kicking.gifheart.gifkicking.gif

Timeline

Hi ...have u received a notice from the embassy that u are eligible to set an appointment??? Im just getting deppresed.... Im still waiting for the notice it's almost 2weeks now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi ...have u received a notice from the embassy that u are eligible to set an appointment??? Im just getting deppresed.... Im still waiting for the notice it's almost 2weeks now...

I rang them and also sent an email asking them about my interview date and they set the appointment time for me. Give them a ring. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Congrats to you! Our interview is on June 27th :)

Did you schedule the medical yet? If so, how soon before the interview did you schedule? We will be getting the medical in Sweden.

Edited by melarnt

Timeline

Hello!

My interview is scheduled on the 5th June! Yahooooo!!!

@Lillen Faith: Congratulations!!!

Did you schedule your appointment without the Notice of Eligibility from the embassy? How long did it take you to finally call the embassy from the date that your petition has been approved or from the date that you received a letter from NVC?

What did you asked? Could you please share your experience? It will be very helpful.

Thank you very much!

Edited by ChaiLatte

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Did you schedule the medical yet? If so, how soon before the interview did you schedule? We will be getting the medical in Sweden.

@melarnt: Did you schedule your interview date without a Notice of Eligibility from the embassy?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

@Queen Amethyst: Have you received a notice from the embassy? Did you already schedule your appointment and medical exam?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hello there ChaiLatte,

I will try to help. Our situation is a bit different because we are going through Sweden and each consulate is different.

I kept track of everything with the NVC website to see what the status was on our case. They dont always update, but ours said it was ready. I then emailed the consulate and asked if they could send us, by email, a provisional Packet 3 (There was a mixup and my fiance was living in Costa Rica...then was told he must use the US Consulate in Sweden. So, we would never receive Packet 3, if mailed).

We then asked for an appointment date by email...again, because of the mixup. The appointment letter was sent along with the file.

I dont know if this info helps. I hope it does. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

@melarnt: Thank you for your help. I'm just kinda confused on which way to go because we want to make sure we will not be having problem during our scheduled interview.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You should call and schedule the medical soon. The doctor in Stockholm, Bulow, is really good, but the end of June is vacation time in Sweden so you want to make sure you get an appointment.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

You should call and schedule the medical soon. The doctor in Stockholm, Bulow, is really good, but the end of June is vacation time in Sweden so you want to make sure you get an appointment.

Thank you, that is really good to know. We have emailed them, like it states to do in the instructions, but no response (3 times). My fiance is going to call tomorrow. I dont know what we will do if we cant get an appointment. Hopefully, they will have someone fill in for him.

But, thank you for this. It is helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you, that is really good to know. We have emailed them, like it states to do in the instructions, but no response (3 times). My fiance is going to call tomorrow. I dont know what we will do if we cant get an appointment. Hopefully, they will have someone fill in for him.

But, thank you for this. It is helpful.

The doctor is much easier to get in touch with on the phone!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.