Mr. Big Dog

Armed Man Arrested on School Grounds claims to be Sovereign Citizen

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So is this your understanding if a univ background check is applied someone who is not allowed to own a weapon will never be able to acquire one?

I did not say that. Your reading comprehension is failing again.

The argument being made is that with universal background checks, there will be no legal route to purchasing a weapon without a background check.

The argument is not, and has never been, that a universal background check will apply to illegal purchases.

Your reading comprehension functions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Posted Today, 02:48 AM

Harsh_77, on 21 May 2013 - 4:05 PM, said:

So is this your understanding if a univ background check is applied someone who is not allowed to own a weapon will never be able to acquire one?

I did not say that. Your reading comprehension is failing again.

As usual failing argument from you.

My bad I thought you would atleast know and understand meaning (?)

I was expecting too much from you as usual you cannot understand a simple question that was for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can your wife purchase a vehicle w/o a KY DL?

I'm not sure about that. We purchased it under my name. For sure she couldn't have registered it and therefore not licensed it.

That number is well know to past and present administrations, there has nothing been done to address that, so how is any new law going to be more effective?

That number is not known. What is known is the number of ineligible persons that had a background check run on them trying to acquire a firearm. Most of those, I would speculate, are people that may not have been aware that they are not eligible to purchase a firearm. Either way, what they do once they get denied, they go to a gun show or online and then buy all the firearms they want. And then there are those that know that they can't pass a background check. They skip step one and go to the gun show or online right away escaping any detection whatsoever thanks to the NRA. That number is NOT known but it's easy to see and understand that that number is FAR greater than the number of failed background checks. Are you really that dim?

can your wife purchase a weapon for you ?

Why for me? My question was not whether his wife can buy a car for him. My question was whether his wife can buy a car in KY without having a KY DL.

Really, you need to work on your reading comprehension if you want to participate in an online discussion.

I'm not sure about that. We purchased it under my name. For sure she couldn't have registered it and therefore not licensed it.

Doesn't matter. She can buy it. Take $25K to a car dealer and see if they send you home with that money because you don't have a KY DL.

Timeline

Doesn't matter. She can buy it. Take $25K to a car dealer and see if they send you home with that money because you don't have a KY DL.

I don't get where you're going with this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That number is not known. What is known is the number of ineligible persons that had a background check run on them trying to acquire a firearm. Most of those, I would speculate, are people that may not have been aware that they are not eligible to purchase a firearm. Either way, what they do once they get denied, they go to a gun show or online and then buy all the firearms they want. And then there are those that know that they can't pass a background check. They skip step one and go to the gun show or online right away escaping any detection whatsoever thanks to the NRA. That number is NOT known but it's easy to see and understand that that number is FAR greater than the number of failed background checks. Are you really that dim?

You have been royally brainwashed by Obama Admin in believing that having background check at gun shows is going to make community safer.

You think individual gun owners rent booths at gunshow?

Most ppl who own booths at gun shows are dealers and for any dealer they have to check the background no matter where they sell.

Dont worry Big Dog has those moments when he is failing an argument.

I'm not going anywhere with that. Simply stated earlier that Harsh was coming up with real bad analogy equating confiscating a firearm from a person that become ineligible to possess one with having one's car confiscated upon losing one's driver's license. It sort of took on a life of its own since. Not sure why. Maybe I need to stop feeding it.

You have been royally brainwashed by Obama Admin in believing that having background check at gun shows is going to make community safer.

You think individual gun owners rent booths at gunshow?

Most ppl who own booths at gun shows are dealers and for any dealer they have to check the background no matter where they sell.

The only brainwashed person here is you. Take a look at the various documentaries that have been done on gun shows where people purchase firearms no questions asked. Same for online sales. If background checks presumably happen at guns shows already anyways, why not nailing that down into law mandating it? No harm since - according to you - nothing would change. Wassup?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Who cares about the administration or the past. The majority of the citizens of this country was background checks for all gun purchases. The government is so worthless/incompetent/paid for that they completely useless to do what their citizens want them to do. Instead we get a lot of slippery slope, 2nd amendment law abiding-####### and nothing gets accomplished. Nothing. The worst part is that people buy into all the #######. Why is it such a big deal for a law abiding citizen to go through a background check every time a gun is purchased? Why are you so worried that the government knows you have a gun?

It may seem like 2nd amendment #######, but it is there. Some people say that the right to bear arms is absolute just like the right to vote. However those folks are on opposing sides. One side says you should have to go through a background check to own a firearm, yet not have to show ID to vote. The other side opposes background checks (In some cases) yet wants you to show an ID when you vote.

I'll let you decide which position has the 'R' next to it and which position has the 'D' next to it.

Personally I think they should let everyone vote without an ID and then give them a free government supplied firearm when they finish voting.

ETA: They should also include that states "stand your ground" rules in a pamphlet when they give you your guns and ammo. That way you know who you can shoot and not end up in jail over it.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

It may seem like 2nd amendment #######, but it is there. Some people say that the right to bear arms is absolute just like the right to vote. However those folks are on opposing sides. One side says you should have to go through a background check to own a firearm, yet not have to show ID to vote. The other side opposes background checks (In some cases) yet wants you to show an ID when you vote.

I'll let you decide which position has the 'R' next to it and which position has the 'D' next to it.

Personally I think they should let everyone vote without an ID and then give them a free government supplied firearm when they finish voting.

ETA: They should also include that states "stand your ground" rules in a pamphlet when they give you your guns and ammo. That way you know who you can shoot and not end up in jail over it.

Sorry, I should clarify. I don't think the 2nd amendment is #######. But I think it can still exist as is with universal background checks and a national gun registry.

BTW, I think the real reason republicans push for voter ids is because it helps their cause. But, I don't really care about people's excuses on this subject. Frickin' get out of the cave and go get an id. I bet it even takes less time and effort than voting. I guess us wealthy Americans are the only ones capable of buying a $15 govt ID.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry, I should clarify. I don't think the 2nd amendment is #######. But I think it can still exist as is with universal background checks and a national gun registry.

BTW, I think the real reason republicans push for voter ids is because it helps their cause. But, I don't really care about people's excuses on this subject. Frickin' get out of the cave and go get an id. I bet it even takes less time and effort than voting. I guess us wealthy Americans are the only ones capable of buying a $15 govt ID.

Well the commie/soclialist libs argument against voter ID is that there is no measurable voter fraud. The corporate suck-up, gun loving, religious nuts on the other hand say that if there is no measurable voter fraud, then what's the problem? Why not show an ID?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Well the commie/soclialist libs argument against voter ID is that there is no measurable voter fraud. The corporate suck-up, gun loving, religious nuts on the other hand say that if there is no measurable voter fraud, then what's the problem? Why not show an ID?

Well there is a slight difference wouldn't you say? One is clearly a ploy to gain some ground in the polls, the other is the liberal attempt to reduce gun violence.