Cmptrsdeal

Nurse Graduate from Philippines...What Next?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My baby graduated a nurse...once she gets here, what is her next step to become a nurse here? She just takes NClex right? Or more yrs of schooling???

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Working & Traveling forum -- topic not a K-1 process matter. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

It depends on which state you guys are planning to reside in..

most states require the philippine board exam and then cgfns and ILETS then she can sit for the board exam...

NY state do not require a philippine board exam... instead she goes through a verification service and has her transcripts sent to the State board of NY... she is not required to have the CGFNS exam...

California however requires a social security number and a refreshers course I believe...

so it all depends on your state

Filed: Timeline

It depends what State she's going to. Here in California, BON are very strict lately. I have friends who graduated from Philippines and could not take NCLEX. The board requires a lot of paper work and more than a year of schooling. Tell her to bring all school records including copies of her Clinical logs and school receipts.(These were some of the requirements my friends mentioned). But ofcourse as I've said it varies from your state. Goodluck!

Timeline

My baby graduated a nurse...once she gets here, what is her next step to become a nurse here? She just takes NClex right? Or more yrs of schooling???

is she a nursing graduate or she passed the NLE(nurse licensure exam) already?

is she a nursing graduate or she passed the NLE(nurse licensure exam) already?

It depends on which state you guys are planning to reside in. in Ca she needs a refresher course.

~Our Story~

Early 2009: Met through a website called Friendster

12-15-2009: Became Lovers

04-02-2013: Went to the Philippines to be with Jen and i proposed to her for marriage

-We spent 11 unforgettable days together, went to Cebu and Bohol-

K1 Journey

6-11-13 I-129f Packet sent

6-14-13 USCIS received the application

6-18-13 Received text from USCIS with receipt number WACxxxxxxxxxx

6-20-13 Alien Registration number changed

6-24-13 NOA1 Hard Copy

~Ray and Jen~

Timeline

It depends what State she's going to. Here in California, BON are very strict lately. I have friends who graduated from Philippines and could not take NCLEX. The board requires a lot of paper work and more than a year of schooling. Tell her to bring all school records including copies of her Clinical logs and school receipts.(These were some of the requirements my friends mentioned). But ofcourse as I've said it varies from your state. Goodluck!

hi. what do u mean by school receipts?

Enrollmentt copies or all receipts she paid during her course/ each semesters.

Is this really necessary?...I am a nursing graduate myself and passed the NLE and i never heard about this..Can somebody tell me what's the use of these so i can get it right away...

Thanks

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

sounds like Ca BON asks a lot of stuffs.lol.

I know i had kept ALL my receipts during college whenever it is enrollment or paying the tuition fee and the subjects i enrolled.. the curriculum , class cards, rle cases,etc.. . but i dont know where is my box now.lol

I hope Az dont ask for these..

Filed: Timeline

These are BON requirements from california. I am not awarw about other states but most friends(graduated fr phil) who couldnt take their nclex here moved to texas and NY. I know the texas friend passed and im not sure if shes staying there to work.

I too graduated fr recently from nursing school but here in cali. My school took care of our paper works.

So far its been 3 months now and im still waiting for my att to take my nclex.

My instructors/ teachers who are filipinas confirmed that our state got tough with their to take nclex

Check out allnurses.com they got lots of tips for nurses

Edited by QS19

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Which state does she want to work in?

Everybody here is correct by saying CA has been strict but honestly the only reason why CA has been strict is because they ask for an SSN.

I would suggest that you message the state Board of Nursing (BON) and ask them what are their requirements. Usually they would require a CGFNS. Some require just a CGFNS academic evaluation and some would require both CGFNS academic evaluation and CGFNS exam.

Don't take IELTS but rather take TOEFL. It is TOEFL that is required by US states and IELTS is more of Australia and UK.

It would be helpful to know in what state she is going to work bc other than being able to ask the BON for the exact requirements, if it gets too complicated you can always opt for an endorsement. Which means she gets licensed in a different state and after she passes, she can endorse her license to the state that you want. This is where NY comes in which is the state that doesn't require much but then again always ask the state even for the endorsement requirements.

I can give some inputs with the requirements for WA since I have talked to the BON..

You cannot immediately sit for NCLEX nor do you necessarily have to take refresher courses. Better to be informed so call or email your state BON for the requirements :)

Timeline

Send your transcripts to a company called Spantran, they specialize in evaluating foreign degrees for US colleges...I'm an academic advisor in Texas and from experience most foreign degrees are not usually equivalent to the same degree I'm the US. Once your degree is evaluated by Spantran you'll know what your next steps are as far as taking more coursework or getting your Lic.

1. Go to the Board of Nursing website for the state you want to get licensed in. Check out the licensing requirements for foreign nurses. The states vary in their requirements.

2. If you want to get licensed in one state and then endorse to another state, check out the second state's endorsement requirements before you get licensed in the first state.

3. California requires an Social Security number in order for an licensing application to be accepted. They also have some requirements for clinicals.

4. I've never heard of a BS Nursing from the Philippines not being accepted by any state - with the exception of California (problems with the clinicals).

Edited by Tahoma

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.