2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi shama

i'm november filer today i received mail from uscis that my case is penidng on security check, is the same thing happened to your case and you have to wait one year, please let me know

Timeline

I applied last year in may and got transferred to NSC ON 12-12-2013 since the they told me they were waiting for security check and on April 1st 2014 security check was completed and then they transferred the i130 to my local field office but I haven't received a hard copy yet !!!!!!!!

Timeline

Yeah maybe I am so confused too some people on VJ said it annoying to uscis officer when people call them to often some said it helps to remind them!!!

Yeah maybe I am so confused too some people on VJ said it annoying to uscis officer when people call them to often some said it helps to remind them!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Shama786,

I have read your post and feel sorry for your wait. Since USCIS mentioned that security checks are over on your petition, they should have approved it right then. Now that they have sent your file to local district office, they wanted to interview(as formality) before approving it.

I have few suggestions for you.

1) USCIS had made a mistake to send your petition to wrong address in a different country, based on this criteria, you can request expedite on your case on all stages (USCIS, NVC, Embassy)

2) Since you have not received hard copy, setup a infopass appointment and walk into your district office, they have jurisdiction over your case now and hopefully approve your right there.

Are you a petitioner or beneficiary ?

My case is also pending for background security checks for 10 months now, please pray for me too.

Timeline

Ads/amm thanks so much I am the petitioner thanks a lot for a info where you from? If you don't mind i hope you hear something soon

Shama 786,

I'm the beneficiary and I'm from Canada. Did you hear anything? or setup a infopass?

Timeline

Shama 786,

I'm the beneficiary and I'm from Canada. Did you hear anything? or setup a infopass?

I talked to my lawyer and he is trying to find out what's going on!!

Timeline

shama,

for us, after they transferred our case to the local fiel office , they fixed an interview for my wife,( petteionner )

please tell us what ur lawyer said ,

I am still waiting for his response but I will let you guys know if anything happened so did she already had interviewed what happened if you don't mind sharing her experience?

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, that's the number to contact them. They're open from 7AM-midnight Eastern Standard Time (US East coast).

Follow the NVC thread for May 2014, helpful information, and there's a wiki on the whole NVC process as well. It will help you and get all the paperwork you need to submit for it. :)

I tried calling from Shanghai, but I just get a busy signal. I'll try off peak. Didn't know about the NVC thread.... on my way. Thanks! :)

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi every one
I need help do i need waver or permeation to go back to usa through my usc son over 21 years old
After been deported from us in 2003 after co stop me in kenndy air port in 2001 he tried to send me back home after refused and showed him a paroled gave me a permission and received a note to appear at the court but not appear then got arrested and detained then removed i think I don’t need any permission can any one help me with that
My son already applied for me i -130 got approved now I am at nvc then the lawyer told my son may be at the embassy they well as for that and he get a way to cancel that I belief he just want to to get some money

Timeline

Hi every one

I need help do i need waver or permeation to go back to usa through my usc son over 21 years old

After been deported from us in 2003 after co stop me in kenndy air port in 2001 he tried to send me back home after refused and showed him a paroled gave me a permission and received a note to appear at the court but not appear then got arrested and detained then removed i think I dont need any permission can any one help me with that

My son already applied for me i -130 got approved now I am at nvc then the lawyer told my son may be at the embassy they well as for that and he get a way to cancel that I belief he just want to to get some money

Timeline

Salaam, I am 100% sure you don't need waiver because the 10 year bar is over !!!! You would only needed it if you were still under the 10 year bar

Timeline

Salaam, I am 100% sure you don't need waiver because the 10 year bar is over !!!! You would only needed it if you were still under the 10 year bar

Shama, did you get RFE for bonafide marriage in your case? I got one this week and they are asking for loads of information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.