Louza

DV Case Numbers and Interviews?

73 posts in this topic

It's just occurred to me that if your SIL confirms her husband's lies in the interview/on the forms and they are discovered subsequently, even if she's been issued a green card it will be revoked.

FYI :

someone here 11 months in AP http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/426533-administrative-processing/ ....there are other threads reporting being in AP a year or longer.

Cairo mentions "most" cases resolved in 5 months.... http://egypt.usembassy.gov/mobile/consular/ivstatus.html

Here the person was asked to submit all travel history and previous passports http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398681-did-we-wait-in-ap-all-this-time-for-nothing-please-help-what-does-this-mean/

This one got a personal visit to the address he put on the application: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/427816-in-ap-for-6-months-and-the-embassy-visited-my-family-house/

Tbh if they get through AP and crossover to USA I don't think they'll be found out.

Agree, but if your SIL takes the option to get her visa while her husband goes through AP and he gets found out in AP, hers will be revoked.

Agree, but if your SIL takes the option to get her visa while her husband goes through AP and he gets found out in AP, hers will be revoked.

But wouldn't the visa be stamped already on her passport? Excuse my ignorance but I've always assumed once that visa is in the passport nothing can take that away since all the checks/clearances would have been completed.

But wouldn't the visa be stamped already on her passport? Excuse my ignorance but I've always assumed once that visa is in the passport nothing can take that away since all the checks/clearances would have been completed.

No, that's not true at all. If something comes to light that would have prevented the visa being granted they can revoke it. They can also revoke an issued actual green card and they can even revoke citizenship if you are naturalized (not if you get it by birth obviously).

See http://www.immigrationlawyersla.com/questions/can-a-green-card-be-revoked/

and it's probably worth highlighting that one of the reasons they can revoke a green card is:

Lie or violate immigration laws to help someone else get immigration benefits. - Don't sign false affidavits or other documents to help someone else with their immigration issues.

This site explains a bit more, highlighting you can lose it for civil as well as criminal violations:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/how-to-keep-your-green-card-privileges.html

Ok they'll be sending their documents on Monday. What happens after KCC receives the forms? I asked her what the Agent said about the European police clearance this morning and he told her KCC will notify them of the required documents. I nearly broke my cell phone in my hand....seriously dude you're just screwing them over because they won't have time to do it!!!

He's also grilling her about her high school certificate, she misplaced it and is finding a hard time obtaining another one. If she has both Bachelors and Masters Degrees, why on earth would she need her high school cert? You obviously can't go to college without graduating from high school :/

ETA: Thanks for the links!

Edited by Louza

Ok they'll be sending their documents on Monday. What happens after KCC receives the forms? I asked her what the Agent said about the European police clearance this morning and he told her KCC will notify them of the required documents. I nearly broke my cell phone in my hand....seriously dude you're just screwing them over because they won't have time to do it!!!

He's also grilling her about her high school certificate, she misplaced it and is finding a hard time obtaining another one. If she has both Bachelors and Masters Degrees, why on earth would she need her high school cert? You obviously can't go to college without graduating from high school :/

ETA: Thanks for the links!

Well their agent is talking rubbish. There is a website that explains all the documents you need dvselectee.state.gov including country-specific info - they won't get a separate notification unless there is something peculiar to their case, and then I assume it would arise during interview or AP and not come from KCC. As for the high school certificate, some consulates insist on seeing it even if the person has university degrees so she needs to find out what the Cairo embassy usually asks for.

Police clearance is an issue if you get them too early, because they expire - the time to expiry varies between countries, so if you get it too early it may expire before interview and then you need another one.

I'm a 2014 dv winner my case number is 79***

do I have a chance to go to USA

I'm from algeria

All numbers have become current before the end of the fiscal year for about the last 8 years so you should hopefully have a chance. I know someone who had an AF number in the 90000s who got one two years ago!

If he is faking employment he is probably trying for HS plus experience in an O profession. I would fire the agent personally

I'd kill the agent not fire him.

Well their agent is talking rubbish. There is a website that explains all the documents you need dvselectee.state.gov including country-specific info - they won't get a separate notification unless there is something peculiar to their case, and then I assume it would arise during interview or AP and not come from KCC. As for the high school certificate, some consulates insist on seeing it even if the person has university degrees so she needs to find out what the Cairo embassy usually asks for.

Police clearance is an issue if you get them too early, because they expire - the time to expiry varies between countries, so if you get it too early it may expire before interview and then you need another one.

I checked that website a few days ago and read the PC section so I know for the fact that they'll need it. For the European country it's valid 3 months only and is NOT issued in English, so the second issue they're facing is getting it translated. I mentioned in a previous post it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 months for official documents to be issued to those residing abroad from that country.

They'll go to the interview and be asked for that particular PC and they won't have it.

I have a bad feeling about all this.

I'd kill the agent not fire him.

I checked that website a few days ago and read the PC section so I know for the fact that they'll need it. For the European country it's valid 3 months only and is NOT issued in English, so the second issue they're facing is getting it translated. I mentioned in a previous post it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 months for official documents to be issued to those residing abroad from that country.

They'll go to the interview and be asked for that particular PC and they won't have it.

I have a bad feeling about all this.

Oh, they will definitely need it. However, if they don't have it in time for the interview it's not a train smash, the visa will just be delayed till they produce it - assuming they can do so before the fiscal year ends and nothing else prevents visa issuance obviously. Re translation, I presume they have to get some kind of approved/official translator to do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.