16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We received an RFE letter about 2 weeks ago requesting more financial evidence. We do not own or rent our current house (living at grandmother's spare house until we buy our own later this year). We printed out: bills in both our names, bank statements from two different banks (both are joint accounts), void check with both our names on it, our accidental insurance policy. Is that enough? [we don't have joint credit cards, joint ownership of car / house, auto insurance policy, etc.]

We also included: birth certificate of our newborn baby, passport application for the baby with both our names and signatures on it, a notarized letter from the grandmother explaining the situation, another notarized letter from a neighbor and a friend, 100+ pictures of us with family and friends both in the US and Egypt, emergency contact cards at my step-son's school showing my information as a first emergency contact, a ton of greeting cards from friends and family on different occasions.

Do we need to include some of the evidence we already sent in the original packet?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No, you do not need to send evidence already sent. They have it. They will simply review the new evidence supplied to see if it is sufficient to overcome their doubts.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No. I would not send anything you already did. I think they specifically ask you not to do so.

Just include more statements. I would mail them 1 or 2 years worth of bank statements, 1-2 years of bills and whatever else you can include. I got an RFE and I submitted an inch or two worth of documents and they accepted it. I had sent only 2 -3 bills. For the RFE, I included documents that covered the whole period of the marriage.

You will be fine :)

Timeline

Thanks for the input!

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Just got our first RFE ever in this entire process...USCIS is a bunch of morons if you ask me, I will never think a milimeter higher of them. They delay us, a normal loving couple, but others who are clearly trying to work the system, get approved faster than anyone else. I don't believe anyone competent works there. I've sent a huge folder of documents they asked for, including financial stuff and more pictures and proof...yet we still receive RFE asking for the exact same things we sent in, including BIRTH CERTIFICATE which I have sent in. I wouldn't be surprised if those incompetent fools lost our documents. Gotta love the USofA.

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No. I would not send anything you already did. I think they specifically ask you not to do so.

Just include more statements. I would mail them 1 or 2 years worth of bank statements, 1-2 years of bills and whatever else you can include. I got an RFE and I submitted an inch or two worth of documents and they accepted it. I had sent only 2 -3 bills. For the RFE, I included documents that covered the whole period of the marriage.

You will be fine smile.png

Hi,

So after submitting your rfe how long did it take for you to get your 10yr gc? or are you still waiting? am preparing my rfe too.

Timeline

Hi,

So after submitting your rfe how long did it take for you to get your 10yr gc? or are you still waiting? am preparing my rfe too.

3 weeks.

Once I responded to the RFE, I got a letter from the CSC letting me know that I would be receiving a letter from the local office for an interview. I did and my interview was scheduled for 3 weeks after - that's next week :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

From my research, it will take from 15 days (the day when they got the packet) to 1-2 months. Again, depending on the case too :)

3 weeks.

Once I responded to the RFE, I got a letter from the CSC letting me know that I would be receiving a letter from the local office for an interview. I did and my interview was scheduled for 3 weeks after - that's next week smile.png

What did you sent in your RFE packet so that you got an interview? Just curious...

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Timeline

From my research, it will take from 15 days (the day when they got the packet) to 1-2 months. Again, depending on the case too smile.png

What did you sent in your RFE packet so that you got an interview? Just curious...

Timeline

I filed a divorce waiver. I was expecting an interview because those are very common. I can't wait to be done with this next week. I have nothing to worry about. I entered into this marriage with good faith and we have a 2 yr daughter to show for it.

As far as what I submitted, I have our daughters birth certificate, bills, car and life insurance, 401K statements with my husband as beneficiary, letters from friends, pictures etc. They covered the entire time we were married. Again, I am not afraid. My ex even asked me if I wanted him to accompany him (he is still trying to get on my good side lol)

I have been very fortunate with this process (knock on wood). None of my stuff has been delayed. I prefer an interview than what I have been happen to others - silence and then they have to book info passes to see what is happening. To me, receiving correspondence means your case didn't fall through the cracks or that they lost their file. I know people who this has happened to :)

All the best everyone with your cases. I will update you guyz on my case

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed a divorce waiver. I was expecting an interview because those are very common. I can't wait to be done with this next week. I have nothing to worry about. I entered into this marriage with good faith and we have a 2 yr daughter to show for it.

As far as what I submitted, I have our daughters birth certificate, bills, car and life insurance, 401K statements with my husband as beneficiary, letters from friends, pictures etc. They covered the entire time we were married. Again, I am not afraid. My ex even asked me if I wanted him to accompany him (he is still trying to get on my good side lol)

I have been very fortunate with this process (knock on wood). None of my stuff has been delayed. I prefer an interview than what I have been happen to others - silence and then they have to book info passes to see what is happening. To me, receiving correspondence means your case didn't fall through the cracks or that they lost their file. I know people who this has happened to smile.png

All the best everyone with your cases. I will update you guyz on my case

Thanks for letting us know.

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Timeline

3 weeks.

Once I responded to the RFE, I got a letter from the CSC letting me know that I would be receiving a letter from the local office for an interview. I did and my interview was scheduled for 3 weeks after - that's next week smile.png

How long exactly after you sent the RFE you received the interview letter?

ROC Timeline

Timeline

I received the RFE letter on April 16th and have till July 12th to respond. I had planned a trip to Egypt travelling on June 20th and will not be back until July 25th. My husband (USC) suggested that he sends the RFE response packet on July 1st, so in case if we have an interview scheduled, it would not conflict with our travel plans... I am afraid if we wait too long to send the response back, USCIS might give us a hassle, We have the packet ready, it is just the timing that is worrying me....

Am I even able to travel back with an RFE present in the process?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ROC Timeline

Filed: Timeline

Ameriptian: LOVE your username. :) Anyway, I am not sure if RFE will hurt you when traveling...probably not. You GC extended for one year, and RFE is not equal to denial...that just means they need more ####### (excuse me for my french) in order to decide whether to accept, or deny your application....so I don't think that should be a problem...but I am not sure...let's see if others chime in and reassure on this...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.