Tigre&Tigresa

RFE Letter of intent

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi guys, it's me again... We got an RFE, it says we didn't submit the beneficiary letter of intent (oops! I guess we got confused assembling the package) Anyway, the letter says:

"Provide an original statement from the beneficiary (...) You may submit the original document or legible photocopies of the originals"

So... can I make one and scan it and send it to my fiance by email so he can print it and forward it to VSC? the thing is that would be the faster way. When I send letters to him it usually takes a whole month to make it from Ecuador to the US, now there's DHL and it would take 5 days, but they charge $80 (yes, I asked)

Thanks for your answers and good luck to all!

09/25/2012: Sent I-129F
10/02/2012: NOA1
12/11/2012: Touched - alien registration number changed
04/01/2013: Touched - not sure what happened here, only the date changed
04/05/2013: Touched - petitioner's address was changed

05/26/2013: RFE - letter of intent was not signed by beneficiary

05/14/2013: I-129F Approved

06/03/2013: Case forwarded to Consulate

08/27/2013: Interview - Approved!

09/05/2013: Visa in hands

11/01/2013: Moved to the US (POE Miami)

12/03/2013: We got married!! heart.gif

01/06/2014: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

01/17/2014: NOA1

02/13/2014: Biometrics appointment

03/13/2014: EAD and AP approved

04/22/2014: Case touched, change of address

04/30/2014: Notice of potential interview waiver case received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZTZum5.png

Hi guys, it's me again... We got an RFE, it says we didn't submit the beneficiary letter of intent (oops! I guess we got confused assembling the package) Anyway, the letter says: "Provide an original statement from the beneficiary (...) You may submit the original document or legible photocopies of the originals" So... can I make one and scan it and send it to my fiance by email so he can print it and forward it to VSC? the thing is that would be the faster way. When I send letters to him it usually takes a whole month to make it from Ecuador to the US, now there's DHL and it would take 5 days, but they charge $80 (yes, I asked) Thanks for your answers and good luck to all!

The signature must be original. No photocopies or scans. I do not know about faxes. I would pay the $80 and send it via DHL or FedEx so the signature is original. I suppose you could try the photocopy of original, but usually when a signature is required the USCIS will not accept a copy. Given how important this is, IMHO it is worth the $80 which is a drop in the bucket compared to the other costs of this process. I spent $100 each way to send and receive the documents needed for the interview phase.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

nope it has to be sign with a pan by a beneficiary// my RFE was the same... so i sent my fiance a copy of letter of intent, he printed and signed it and sent to me , we waited for 3 weeks and i got lost so he resent it to me and it got lost again, so he resent it 3rd time and then i got.. i lost 2 months waiting for that letter... my RFE was february 8th and i sent my RFE back to USCIS on april 9th... so just spend $80 and it will get to you on time..

Edited by masha2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys, it's me again... We got an RFE, it says we didn't submit the beneficiary letter of intent (oops! I guess we got confused assembling the package) Anyway, the letter says: "Provide an original statement from the beneficiary (...) You may submit the original document or legible photocopies of the originals" So... can I make one and scan it and send it to my fiance by email so he can print it and forward it to VSC? the thing is that would be the faster way. When I send letters to him it usually takes a whole month to make it from Ecuador to the US, now there's DHL and it would take 5 days, but they charge $80 (yes, I asked) Thanks for your answers and good luck to all!

Though it is supposed to be an original signature, it DOES say in the quote that a "legible photocopy" of the original is acceptable.

My fiance and I were unaware of the "no photocopy" rule when we submitted the forms and his letter of intent was a photocopied signature. I was sure after reading on this site that we would get an RFE but fortunately we did not!!

It's ultimately up to you, but since it does say a photocopy is acceptable I would just do that.

BUT.. my advice would be that your fiance sign in BLUE INK and not black so that it isn't the same color as the typed text. (I'm not sure if that had anything to do with ours being overlooked or if the adjucator was just trying to pump out as many approvals as possible..) Meanwhile if you send of the photocopy off for the RFE response, maybe your fiance could go ahead and mail you the original just in case they don't accept the photocopy and ask for the original in a second RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I send a scan letter of intent to marry to my USC fiance but i sign it with blue ink. We got approve after 2 weeks.

Well im not advising you to do same thing but thats what i did.

Goodluck!!!

event.png

Edited by infinity2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thank you guys... I know $80 sounds like nothing, but my job is months behind on the payments... oh well. I sent him an email, signed in blue ink. We got a second RFE already, not sure what it is because the letter hasn't arrived yet. So frustrating! Do you think calling USCIS and asking them will help? I know copies are not accepted, or that's what I heard, but given what it says i thought it would be a good idea to ask people with more experience. Thank you all for your answers

09/25/2012: Sent I-129F
10/02/2012: NOA1
12/11/2012: Touched - alien registration number changed
04/01/2013: Touched - not sure what happened here, only the date changed
04/05/2013: Touched - petitioner's address was changed

05/26/2013: RFE - letter of intent was not signed by beneficiary

05/14/2013: I-129F Approved

06/03/2013: Case forwarded to Consulate

08/27/2013: Interview - Approved!

09/05/2013: Visa in hands

11/01/2013: Moved to the US (POE Miami)

12/03/2013: We got married!! heart.gif

01/06/2014: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

01/17/2014: NOA1

02/13/2014: Biometrics appointment

03/13/2014: EAD and AP approved

04/22/2014: Case touched, change of address

04/30/2014: Notice of potential interview waiver case received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZTZum5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.