Penny Lane

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Not nice generalizing all us Kentuckians

And for the record, the discussions I've been hearing here has been mostly about the parents being idiots and allowing their kid to have a loaded gun while unsupervised.

Letting a five year old handle a loaded firearm unsupervised is not merely idiocy, it's reckless endagerment of a minor at a minimum. These parents ought to be brought up on charges and the surviving child deserves a safe home away from these lunatics. The fact that the criminal justice system in Kentuck checks this off as a crazy accident says a lot about Kentucky.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Letting a five year old handle a loaded firearm unsupervised is not merely idiocy, it's reckless endagerment of a minor at a minimum. These parents ought to be brought up on charges and the surviving child deserves a safe home away from these lunatics. The fact that the criminal justice system in Kentuck checks this off as a crazy accident says a lot about Kentucky.

So I suppose you're a supporter of the stand your ground law?

idk where dad stored it. i wasn't allowed to touch it unless he was with me.

i'm out of likes. but your dad was smart to keep control of the gun's whereabouts..

There is a limit. If you showed the love a bit more, you'd know.

Dude's from Kentucky, cut em some slack.

there's a limit. it sucks. it's only a little past noon!

As a proud member of the Oh Valerie fan club, I'll gladly give you mine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would not thinking taking away other kids (if any) would by any better, they have already lost one child and just imagine as parents what they must have been going thru when one child shot another child.

This accident could just be a good lesson for other parents not to buy a gun as present for their 5 year old.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a limit. If you showed the love a bit more, you'd know.

Dude's from Kentucky, cut em some slack.

Post more things related to bourbon or horses and I'll like the ####### out of it.

As a proud member of the Oh Valerie fan club, I'll gladly give you mine.

is that the name we decided on? i feel like the 'oh' deflects from the purpose of the title..