rocket1009

CBRA in the US?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all!

Great news today; my fiance's K-1 visa (interview) was approved, she should receive her visa via DHL in 5 - 7 days!

Bad news: My baby, born out of wedlock with my fiance, needs a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

Question: I have all my paperwork in order, can I file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad from the US? Can my fiance, with her newly approved visa, file this on her own now?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all!

Great news today; my fiance's K-1 visa (interview) was approved, she should receive her visa via DHL in 5 - 7 days!

Bad news today: My baby girl, born out of wedlock with my fiance, needs a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. ( i know, i know..i didn't know )

Question: I have all of our paperwork in order, can I send everything to my fiance (with her newly approved K-1 visa) and can she file the Consular Report of Birth Abroad in Mexico and apply for a passport for my daughter?

Thanks

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Some countries have different rules about that, some want DNA tests etc. email the embassy in Mexico and ask them what is required.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

I have yet to see any US Embassy require, DNA as ‘requirement’ for the CRBA process.

However when no substantive form of credible evidence is available in conjunction with a CRBA application, a parent may find genetic testing to be a useful tool for confirming a stated biological relationship. DNA testing is an 'option' to establish parentage when no credible evidence is available or unsatisfactory.

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/eacs_report_birth_abroad.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1337.html

Some countries have different rules about that, some want DNA tests etc. email the embassy in Mexico and ask them what is required.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Well I've seen it here on VJ, I'll try and find it and link it. It's been in cases where the parents aren't married and the father hasn't been able to be present when reporting the birth.

With that said, i don't know how Mexico is doing it and that is why I recommended to email the embassy.

Better be safe than sorry.

When I reported my daughters birth i didn't need all that is required when reading online, an email to my embassy gave me the exact answer and it made it a whole lot easier...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Your not getting what I’m saying. Go back and read it, present or not, married or not the burden of proving the blood relationship is on the person making the claim to U.S. citizenship,

when no substantive form of credible evidence is available in conjunction with a CRBA application, a parent may find genetic testing to be a useful tool for confirming a stated biological relationship. DNA testing is an option not a ‘requirement’( as your post implies) to establish parentage when no credible evidence is available or unsatisfactory.

The only time DNA is suggested by the CO is when the US citizen fails to provide credible evidence married or not.

Well I've seen it here on VJ, I'll try and find it and link it. It's been in cases where the parents aren't married and the father hasn't been able to be present when reporting the birth.
With that said, i don't know how Mexico is doing it and that is why I recommended to email the embassy.

Better be safe than sorry.

When I reported my daughters birth i didn't need all that is required when reading online, an email to my embassy gave me the exact answer and it made it a whole lot easier...

Timeline

Geez...all I suggested was to send an email to the embassy. Even if the DNA was a bad example different countries requires different info.

Get a straight answer from the embassy and take it from there.... You got any objections on that??

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your title says "CRBA in the US?" - does this mean the daughter is currently in the USA? If so, how did she arrive?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got my two sons´s Consular Report of Birth Abroad in Mexico. They are a little hard in the interview, but if you have all the papers they ask you won´t have any problem. They did not ask me for a DNA test because I´m the US citizen, but sometimes if the father is the US citizen they ask for a DNA test. Call the embassy and ask them what do you need...

The objective is to comment based on facts or sound advice rather than thoughts, opinions or ‘bad examples‘. I have no objections other then pointing out bad examples. Often it confuses individuals.

Geez...all I suggested was to send an email to the embassy. Even if the DNA was a bad example different countries requires different info.
Get a straight answer from the embassy and take it from there.... You got any objections on that??

Timeline

The objective is to comment based on facts or sound advice rather than thoughts, opinions or bad examples. I have no objections other then pointing out bad examples. Often it confuses individuals.

So what ingrid_rachel says above is also a bad advise?

All I was stating was that different countries ask for different things. Will you give it a rest??

And if you do a search here on vj you will see it isn't unheard of that they do ask for DNA. After all it is up to the people at the embassy to judge if the evidence is enough or not....

But like I stated in my very first post, email and ask exactly what they want.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Usually when people try and drag other in their at the end of ones intellect, that is the ability to think, reason, and understand. wink.png

So what ingrid_rachel says above is also a bad advise?

All I was stating was that different countries ask for different things. Will you give it a rest??

And if you do a search here on vj you will see it isn't unheard of that they do ask for DNA. After all it is up to the people at the embassy to judge if the evidence is enough or not....

But like I stated in my very first post, email and ask exactly what they want.

Timeline

Usually when people try and drag other in their at the end of ones intellect, that is the ability to think, reason, and understand. wink.png

Oh please...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** enough with the bickering. Give the OP constructive advice or do not post- if you wish to argue amongst yourself, take it to PM ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.