Ron & Ping

Proof of Relationship Sample Letter

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello All!

Ping and I are new to the message board and just starting our K1 visa journey. Does anyone have any sample letters regarding Proof of Relationship?

Thanks,

Ron

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello All!

Ping and I are new to the message board and just starting our K1 visa journey. Does anyone have any sample letters regarding Proof of Relationship?

Thanks,

Ron

I'm not sure what you need exactly. What is a letter regarding proof of relationship? What is it for?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Are you completing the I-129F and referring to Question 18? or is this for proof of ongoing relationship at interview stage? .... or other?

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are you completing the I-129F and referring to Question 18? or is this for proof of ongoing relationship at interview stage? .... or other?

Hi Andie,

I'm referring to Question 18 for the I-129F packet.

Thanks,

Ron

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Andie,

Thanks,

Ron

Okay, so you don't need to provide a letter as such.

1...You just need to advise on the form where/how you met... e.g. we met online on (such and such website), we met through a mutual friend, or when we were both travelling in Japan in 2011 etc.

2... You then need to provide evidence that you have met/been together during the past 2 years. (If you haven't seen each other within that time then you will not be approved). So best evidence of having been together in the previous 2 years is, passport stamps, boarding passes (rather than tickets as tickets do not prove you boarded the flight). Photos of you together at the same location at that time.

You can attach an explanation but you really only need to use the space on the form. You can send copies of everything with the initial petition, but you need original evidence at the interview stage at the embassy. Anything additional you can mention (see attached sheet), or put photos in snaplock bags etc.

Also, the initial meeting may also be the same as the meeting within the previous 2 years. You may have met 3 months ago and then decided to get married during the same visit. For the initial meeting you only need to answer the question. The meeting within 2 years requires evidence to prove it. (copy of passport stamps, boarding passes etc).

Check the guides at the top of the page - there is lots of valuable information. If you're not sure just keep asking.

Best of luck with everything !!

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello All!

Thanks,

Ron

Welcome to the forum.

With regards to "proof of relationship" in these visa processes, pictures and documents often speak much larger to the USCIS than mere word statements. Are you speaking about the required "Fiance(e) letters of intent?" If so, become acquainted with the GUIDES section (located at the top of the forum page), and the Example Forms section.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

The GUIDES section has a very useful step-by-step K-1 Visa guide that is the result of thousands of other VJ members immigration journeys.

Good luck.good.gif

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for china, guangzhou, it is recommended (but not required) to submit an evolution of relationship letter with either the I-129F or handed over in the USCitizen's passport, folded lengthwise, within first 20 seconds of the interview on interview day at the interview window.

Here is my example (but is not for K-1 visa chasers, at all)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=260331&view=findpost&p=3995116

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

While I, in general, agree with Darnell. As he mentions, the Evolution of Relationship (EOR) letter can be quite useful at the Department of State's Guangzhou consulate interview phase of a visa journey. However, it may be a bit premature, at this stage of the process, to include an EOR with the initial I-129F petition submission to USCIS. Front-loading of the initial petition is recommended for Guangzhou-bound petitions, but that should include a thorough and balanced blend of as many as possible of the types of documentary proof of having met and of having an on-going relationship mentioned in the K-1 step-by-step guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

BTW, we did follow Darnell's advice and utilized an EOR during our successful visa K-1/K-2 interview last year in Guangzhou K-1. :thumbs:

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELP US PLEASE !!!!!!!! I met my Filipino fiance on a website on March 1, 2011. I flew to the Philippines and entered the country on January 2, 2012 and stayed with Caren for 4 months. I then returned to the USA on April 25, 2012 and hired an immigration attorney to help with all the papers needed. A relationship letter was called an intent to marry letter. Both of us had out letters signed and dated on the same day and submitted to the USCIS. Passport stamps, boarding passes, Photo's, even a few YM chats were included.

I was assured by my attorney everything was fine. So I returned to the Philippines on November 6, 2012 to be with Caren as we waited for approval. USCIS approved us March 6, 2013. I had to return to the USA on May 8, because my mother was admitted to the hospital. Caren's interview was a week later on May 15th. SHE WAS TOLD SHE WAS APPROVED. THE EMBASSY TOOK AND KEPT HER PASSPORT TO ATTACH THE VISA. She was told 2-3 weeks till she actually had her visa in hand.

3 weeks later and nothing. We contacted the embassy via email and calls only to find out that our case was returned to the USCIS for disposition.. Some lame excuse about not enough proof of a relationship. How can there be any question when I proved I was there 4 months, then returned for another 6 months. I called the USCIS with her MNL #, name and birthday info, and they have no record yet that it has been returned!!!!!!!! ####### is going on? They asked what the letter of denial said? WE NEVER GOT A LETTER OF DENIAL!!!!!!!! USCIS said after they get the case back it still takes another 6 MONTHS FOR REVIEW !!!!!

Does anyone have a clue as to what has happened? May as well go to Mexico and sneak accross the border than to be legal and pay the fees. This is rediculous, and it is the government who is at fault. WHAT DO I DO NOW????? I AM FLYING BACK OVER THERE TO BE WITH HER, WE ARE BOTH EXTREMLY UPSET.

Jefferyhays50@yahoo.com Please somebody help us. PLEASE.??????????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi Andie,

Thanks,

Ron

No, Q18 wants you to describe your meeting in person (within the past two years).......NOT about your relationship (that's for the interview).

Again, your meeting in person proof is what you want. For Q 18, just list the dates and place where you met and then include evidence of that meeting.

HELP US PLEASE !!!!!!!! I met my Filipino fiance on a website on March 1, 2011. I flew to the Philippines and entered the country on January 2, 2012 and stayed with Caren for 4 months. I then returned to the USA on April 25, 2012 and hired an immigration attorney to help with all the papers needed. A relationship letter was called an intent to marry letter. Both of us had out letters signed and dated on the same day and submitted to the USCIS. Passport stamps, boarding passes, Photo's, even a few YM chats were included.

I was assured by my attorney everything was fine. So I returned to the Philippines on November 6, 2012 to be with Caren as we waited for approval. USCIS approved us March 6, 2013. I had to return to the USA on May 8, because my mother was admitted to the hospital. Caren's interview was a week later on May 15th. SHE WAS TOLD SHE WAS APPROVED. THE EMBASSY TOOK AND KEPT HER PASSPORT TO ATTACH THE VISA. She was told 2-3 weeks till she actually had her visa in hand.

3 weeks later and nothing. We contacted the embassy via email and calls only to find out that our case was returned to the USCIS for disposition.. Some lame excuse about not enough proof of a relationship. How can there be any question when I proved I was there 4 months, then returned for another 6 months. I called the USCIS with her MNL #, name and birthday info, and they have no record yet that it has been returned!!!!!!!! ####### is going on? They asked what the letter of denial said? WE NEVER GOT A LETTER OF DENIAL!!!!!!!! USCIS said after they get the case back it still takes another 6 MONTHS FOR REVIEW !!!!!

Does anyone have a clue as to what has happened? May as well go to Mexico and sneak accross the border than to be legal and pay the fees. This is rediculous, and it is the government who is at fault. WHAT DO I DO NOW????? I AM FLYING BACK OVER THERE TO BE WITH HER, WE ARE BOTH EXTREMLY UPSET.

Jefferyhays50@yahoo.com Please somebody help us. PLEASE.??????????

Why hijack this thread?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.