Sahs

NBI Certificate "Top & Bottom"

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just read a posting with someone that said, "Make sure you have the NSO NBI Certificate 'Top $ Bottom'... Can someone tell me what the "top & bottom" means? My fiancee has obtained an NSO NBI Certificate, but we both didn't know there was a "top" and a "bottom" section or pages? Any link to a photo pointing out what's needed would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a cutting line in the middle of the certificate. One is for the applicant's copy and the other is the copy you hand-out during the interview. Make sure it still attached. The embassy will be the one who'll detach it. :)

07-30-12: Mailed I129F
08-02-12: Mail received at Dallas Lockbox
08-02-12: NOA1 Notice Date
08-07-12: TOUCHED
08-10-12: Received NOA1 hardcopy
04-24-13: Alien Registration Number and NOA2 Notice Date

Timeline

There is a cutting line in the middle of the certificate. One is for the applicant's copy and the other is the copy you hand-out during the interview. Make sure it still attached. The embassy will be the one who'll detach it. smile.png

hi. what will happen if the beneficiary only presents the "personal copy" or the other one? will the embassy accept it or not?

Timeline

There is a cutting line in the middle of the certificate. One is for the applicant's copy and the other is the copy you hand-out during the interview. Make sure it still attached. The embassy will be the one who'll detach it. smile.png

Great!!! Thank you! :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you present just one part of the NBI certificate (top or bottom) without the whole thing with the perforated line in the middle, The embassy will submt a 221g asking for an updated NBI clearance. Also, keep an eye on the issue date of the clearance. It must be valid. The main NBI office is just on the north side of St. Lukes. If you have an NBI and just need an updated one, you can walk right in. (if you don't have an NBI, you have to wait in line to go in.)

You need 2 NBI's, one for the passport application. one for the Embassy Visa application. (The NBI portion my wife retained was also used for identification at CFO.)

It must be valid for a US Visa. (no stamp or markings, "not valid for travel abroad" or "not valid for passport") When applying make sure to mark NBI application for Visa purposes.

Here is a link to one:

NBI clearance photo

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

If you present just one part of the NBI certificate (top or bottom) without the whole thing with the perforated line in the middle, The embassy will submt a 221g asking for an updated NBI clearance. Also, keep an eye on the issue date of the clearance. It must be valid. The main NBI office is just on the north side of St. Lukes. If you have an NBI and just need an updated one, you can walk right in. (if you don't have an NBI, you have to wait in line to go in.)

You need 2 NBI's, one for the passport application. one for the Embassy Visa application. (The NBI portion my wife retained was also used for identification at CFO.)

It must be valid for a US Visa. (no stamp or markings, "not valid for travel abroad" or "not valid for passport") When applying make sure to mark NBI application for Visa purposes.

Here is a link to one:

NBI clearance photo

Not this. Darren is back with more misinformation I see.

The NBI only needs to state For Travel Abroad (just as stated in the embassy letter of instructions), this is the green colored one.

This.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No they don't. Most people submit the other half during the NVC process and the "personal copy" they bring with them on the interview. As long as the NBI clearance is still VALID (not expired), no issues there. My husband handed over a "detached" NBI clearance to the embassy pre-screener and had no problems with it.

I'm confused. Joan brought her NBI to DFA to get her passport. They took half of the form. Does she need to get a new one or is the half that she has OK?

Thanks

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused. Joan brought her NBI to DFA to get her passport. They took half of the form. Does she need to get a new one or is the half that she has OK?

Thanks

The other half (personal copy) is okay and will be accepted during her interview as long as its valid (not expired). NBI clearance is valid within 1 YEAR of issuance.

THANK YOU!

The other half (personal copy) is okay and will be accepted during her interview as long as its valid (not expired). NBI clearance is valid within 1 YEAR of issuance.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Steve:

How old is the NBI? If its pushing towards 6 months old get a new one, they are neither spendy or difficult to get and takes the worry out of being close.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Steve:

How old is the NBI? If its pushing towards 6 months old get a new one, they are neither spendy or difficult to get and takes the worry out of being close.

HI Hank!

Joan's NBI is from October. Should she get a new one? The websites say that the NBI is valid for one year for immigration.

Thanks!

Edited by Stevephoto
Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I know the NBI is valid for a year, its just that I have read on here of some with an older NBI getting a 211g from the embassy requesting a new NBI. Just passing on what I have read, 6 months has been mentioned a few times. Its easy to get a new one, especially with Joan having one already, if you decide to get a new one have Joan bring her old one to NBI, I believe they will issue a new one right there on the spot.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes I know the NBI is valid for a year, its just that I have read on here of some with an older NBI getting a 211g from the embassy requesting a new NBI. Just passing on what I have read, 6 months has been mentioned a few times. Its easy to get a new one, especially with Joan having one already, if you decide to get a new one have Joan bring her old one to NBI, I believe they will issue a new one right there on the spot.

Hi Hank!

Yes we have decided to get a new one to be safe. Thanks for the information about bringing her old one for a new one on the spot! That would be great!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.