almedin

maybe stupid question......

14 posts in this topic

I read a lot of posts here but could not find what is te meaning of signing the part two of DS-230 at the interview? means that the visa is approved?

Edited by almedin

I believe it is the final signature required when a visa is issued. Could be they are also making sure it matches the previous signature and it will be witnessed as you are signing.

I had my interview yestrday and tey said me i must bring the tax papers and they gave me to sign the part two of th DS230! I could not find something same here and i want to know does anyone knows what does it mean? it is maybe stupid question bu i think everyone who is in this proces can understand this question!

Have you read part 2? You're signing that on front of a consular officer who is the witness while you're under oath.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Your visa has probably been approved, especially if they kept your passport at the interview. However, the approval is contingent on whether you provide the requested information. You might also be waiting on the results of a secondary security check (Administrative Processing), but that's not as common as you may think from reading posts on this forum and depends a lot on where the beneficiary is from.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Have you read part 2? You're signing that on front of a consular officer who is the witness while you're under oath.

Yes i have read the second part of DS230 i just wanted to know what that exactly mean. I wanted to know is this the final sign that the visa can be issued or is approved?!

Your visa has probably been approved, especially if they kept your passport at the interview. However, the approval is contingent on whether you provide the requested information. You might also be waiting on the results of a secondary security check (Administrative Processing), but that's not as common as you may think from reading posts on this forum and depends a lot on where the beneficiary is from.

I signed the part two of DS230 and they gave me my passport back and they said to me that i must bring the tax of 2012 that the visa can be printed out. they told me that i must not make a appt so that i can come anytime during the week when get tax of 2012 from my wife.

Yes i have read the second part of DS230 i just wanted to know what that exactly mean. I wanted to know is this the final sign that the visa can be issued or is approved?!

No. It just means you swore the oath and passed the interview. Normally this is the last step, but you were asked to provide additional information. Without the additional information, your visa cannot be considered finalized.

Since they did not keep your passport, they are not considering your visa issuable until you supply the missing information. When they are ready to print the visa, they will keep your passport.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

No. It just means you swore the oath and passed the interview. Normally this is the last step, but you were asked to provide additional information. Without the additional information, your visa cannot be considered finalized.

so finaly that means the visa is approved but only have to give them the tax of 2012 so that they can print out the visa!?

so finaly that means the visa is approved but only have to give them the tax of 2012 so that they can print out the visa!?

I know you want to say your visa is approved, but you can't really say that yet.

LATEST STEPS:

i know you can understand me when you are missing your one who you love so much!

I've been in the process seven months, of course I understand.

LATEST STEPS:

I read a lot of posts here but could not find what is te meaning of signing the part two of DS-230 at the interview? means that the visa is approved?

anyone else who can say something about this?

Timeline

Whether or not the visa is approved Part @ must be signed. You sign to take the oath and the CO is the sitness.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.