Fetaria

The child I left behind

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I dont think we are being selfish.

This is the first time in 22 years that I have put myself first. I am lucky in a way that my oldest son is 21. It would be alot worse for me I know if my youngest didnt want to come with me. That would have been really a different story all together. When we were starting this process at home. My youngest was one minute saying he wanted to move, then the next month telling me he didnt want too. So this played on my head for a year while were preparing to come here. He doesnt have a relationship with his dad, not a good one anyways. Neither of my sons do. They love him I am sure, but they never talk about him. Jonathan hasnt talked about his dad in so long I forget when. They just came to relize that he had never been there for them and never will be. So that bothers me too that I am here, and my oldest sons father is just a dead beat. So he cant even rely on him for anything. Thats one reason I didnt want my youngest to stay at home with out me. I have always looked after them two boys. I told my oldest that the love I have for him and his brother is stronger than any love there is. A bond that is shared by the three of us and no one else.

I am thankful that my parents are good to Matthew and he loves them to peices. They are very close. So this helps me alot knowing that he has them in his life.

I have been here going on 10 months now. It does get easier, but it never goes away. (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i left my 2 girls (6 and 4) in australia with their mum and there's not a day that goes by that i don't think of them and wish that they were here with my wife and i. at the end of the day i hope that they know that i love them and miss them. and i they ever need anything that they can call their dad and i will do everything for them.

matt

ps: here they are a christmas last year.

post-10639-1141484789_thumb.jpg

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
"So, it doesn't really matter how far away you are from your children, they still know in their hearts who their mom is. That bond can never be broken even if you are miles away from each other."

.. so true, I read that line many times over..

It was pointed out to me not long ago that the bond I share with my son is stronger than some parents have with their children that they live with in the same house every day. Distance cannot change that. I am still able to get on him about his homework from here and tell him to clean behind his ears and give him advice about girls.. whether he wants it or not!

So with Spring break and summer vacation coming soon :dance: I am counting down until I can be with again. I was wondering if anyone has landed any wonderful travel deals for flying their children back and forth? What have your experiences been in that? So far we have only flown my son back to Canada. We used United and Air Canada. They both charged a $60 unaccompanied minor fee on top the seat fee and I had to have someone meet him in Edmonton for the transfer between airlines. It was a small price to pay to not have to worry about him getting through customs or being alone at all.

Fetara this is how my son and I are as well, he calls me when he needs help with his homework, he calls me when he is having trouble with anything. He is at that age now, puberty...oh my...so we are having to deal with that together. I have to say, he gets more support from me, being 1000 miles away than he does from his dad being right there under his nose. I mean I am not saying his dad is a bad dad, his dad takes care of him, he is just not the emotional type of person. He stays with me every summer and he looks forward to that every year, and it also gives him a break from his dad, so I think that is good. Even though we have been apart for 4 years now, he still knows who he can turn to know matter what, no what what the issue is and he knows he can talk to me about anything. The important key is to keep the communication lines open, I talk to him each and every day, and remind him that I am always there for him no matter what. He comes to me first when he has a problem even though I am not right there with him and that makes me feel great!!!!!

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I also left my 2 children aged 19 and 23 back in Australia when I moved here 2 yrs ago, and I still dont know if I have done the right thing, My kids chose not to come here with me and both have their own lives but there are still many times that I feel that I have abandoned them, Their natural father has nothing to do with them and I am not close to my family so they are totally dependant on each other. We brought them here to USA over a year ago to visit and deep down i was hoping they would want to stay but both were happy to go home to their jobs, friends etc, and when I went home this xmas although they were so excited to see me they didnt seem to need me anymore and it hurt like hurt BUT like my hubby said, I should be proud that I had brought them up with confidence and independance that they can continue with life without me

I have had many people tell me that i chose with my heart and not my head when i moved overseas but my kids gave me their blessing

No one can make decsions like a lot of us have had to make without the regrets, guilt and heartache that have come with the decision but deep down we must know it was the right decision or else we would not have made it

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

What an amzing thread........ i cryed when i read this.

Hugs to all you moms out there, i am trying to bring my 4 year old girl with me, i will keep you posted!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have two daughters ages 26 and 23 who are back in Canada. Both work, have their own places but I miss them dreadfully. I keep telling myself that the girls are adults, they are independent but not being able to see them for a Sunday visit, on their birthdays, at Christmas, Thanksgiving etc still bites at me. How I wished we at least lived a few hours drive away from where they live. My son immigrated with me when he was 11 1/2 years old (he's now 15). He did not want to come here. His dad gave the permission for his son to immigrate so there hadn't been a problem with that. My son told me back then that I forced him to come to a place he didn't want to come to even though now he's fine. Now at least he talks of going back to Canada to "visit". If his dad hadn't let him come here back then, I probably would have not come myself.

I've mentioned it here a few times now that I've been talking to my husband about moving back to Canada in 6 years time when he retires. He's iffy on it but I'm working on it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
What an amzing thread........ i cryed when i read this.

Hugs to all you moms out there, i am trying to bring my 4 year old girl with me, i will keep you posted!

Best of luck with that. Are you planning on moving yourself and then your daughter to follow later? I so hope you are able to do so.

K1 AOS

01/17/06.....Sent AOS package out

01/31/06.....NOA

03/15/06.....Biometrics Appointment

04/10/06.....Interview letter received

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received... with an error

I-90 Timeline

06/08/06..... Sent out I-90 to have green card error fixed

09/29/06.....Correct Green Card

K2 AOS/AP

01/17/06.....Sent out AOS/AP

01/31/06.....NOA for AOS and AP

03/07/06.....AP approved

03/16/06.....Biometrics Appointment

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received

03/13/09 10 year green card received :o)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I miss baking cookies with my 13 year old brother and I miss my 15 year old brother calling me "Monya"... (he called me that when he first starting talking and he still calls me that)....

:crying::crying::crying: this just made me think about how much I'm gonna miss my sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's 13 now and we're SO close..... I couldn't stop crying for days when I moved out of my parents' house to live with Dave while he was here in Brazil. I can't even imagine how much I'm gonna cry and hurt when I move to the US!

She calls me Inha (she called me that when she first started talking too and still only calls me that).

The other day we had a little fight (sister stuff :lol: ) because she didn't want to go to the mall with me. Well I told her that I thought it was stupid that everytime she wants to go somewhere I go with her but sometimes I have to beg her to do things for me. Then later I went to her bedroom and said I was sorry and we made up. That's when I felt tears running down her face.... I asked why she was crying and she said: "I just realized that someday, when I grow up and want to go out with you and do stuff with you, you won't be here anymore....." :crying::crying:

That broke my heart in so many little pieces that I still couldn't put them together! (L)

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline

Awwwwwww Hugs (F)

Its hard thats for sure.

My oldest son called the other day and I was out, so my husband talked to him for awhile. He told Roger that he was so happy for me and his brother that we are here. He also thanked him for being so nice to us and taking care of us. He's such a sweet boy. I thought that was so sweet of him to say to his step father.

I was talking to his ex-girlfriend the other nite on MSN. She told me he misses us so much. She said everytime she talks to him he is so sad with out us there. He misses his brother so much. They were so close when we lived at home. It near rips my heart out hearing this, cause he trys to be so strong when he talks to us on the phone. I MISS MY SON SO MUCH :crying: Makes tears comes to my eyes as I type this. This part of this process sucks bad. I cant wait to see and hug him in August. I just want to see his beautiful smile. (F)

Edited by pink_roses

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
Awwwwwww Hugs (F)

Its hard thats for sure.

My oldest son called the other day and I was out, so my husband talked to him for awhile. He told Roger that he was so happy for me and his brother that we are here. He also thanked him for being so nice to us and taking care of us. He's such a sweet boy. I thought that was so sweet of him to say to his step father.

I was talking to his ex-girlfriend the other nite on MSN. She told me he misses us so much. She said everytime she talks to him he is so sad with out us there. He misses his brother so much. They were so close when we lived at home. It near rips my heart out hearing this, cause he trys to be so strong when he talks to us on the phone. I MISS MY SON SO MUCH :crying: Makes tears comes to my eyes as I type this. This part of this process sucks bad. I cant wait to see and hug him in August. I just want to see his beautiful smile. (F)

What a sweetheart! :yes: shows you how well he was raised :thumbs:

He sounds like he's a lot like my son - missing his mom like crazy but trying to be a man and deal with it.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Timeline
Awwwwwww Hugs (F)

Its hard thats for sure.

How interesting that is, my son does the very same thing. He tries so hard to be the big man and ask how my husband is and make pleasant conversation all the time about how good things are. It almost makes it harder to hear him like that. Then again it is just as hard to hear him complain about his nanny and how he even misses my sandwhiches. When we say goodnight we often get into a little silly war like I will say, I miss you.. to which he will say I miss you more.. until we cannot go any further. Last night he said.. "Mom? I miss you more than anyone has ever been missed (which started me bawling) then he said.. no come backs no returns" so that I could not top it. Not that I could anyway.

p.s. love the pictures, thank you for sharing your little ones (L)

Edited by Fetaria

K1 AOS

01/17/06.....Sent AOS package out

01/31/06.....NOA

03/15/06.....Biometrics Appointment

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received... with an error

I-90 Timeline

06/08/06..... Sent out I-90 to have green card error fixed

09/29/06.....Correct Green Card

K2 AOS/AP

01/17/06.....Sent out AOS/AP

01/31/06.....NOA for AOS and AP

03/07/06.....AP approved

03/16/06.....Biometrics Appointment

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received

03/13/09 10 year green card received :o)

I do not have any children yet, but my fiance has 2 small children from his first marriage. I worry about him leaving them to move to the US for me. I tried living in France with him, but I couldn't find work. In reading your post, my heart goes out to you. My fiance tells me not to worry, they will come to visit, and we will go there. I can't help to worry because I don't want him to be unhappy when he comes here because he doesn't see his children. Also, we want to have children after we are married. I want them to know their brother and sister in France. I don't want my step children to think that they have been replaced. We have talked about our future and we have agreed to live in France when our future children are older.

It is so complicated. (I think that since his ex-wife keeps him from seeing the children, only if she is in a good mood, it won't be so different with him 4000 miles away) C'est tres dificil!

I am not sure what I can do to help it be easier for my fiance. I guess all that I can do it be supportive and listen to him. We can tell each other anything and I mean anything which helps.

Talk with your husband and share your thoughts. Don't let him think that everything is ok and you are tormented inside. Stress manifests itself. You will find comfort from him.

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Timeline

My Little girl is coming for Spring break ( 13 days!) on Sunday March 12th. ! We can't wait to see her, hug her and give her lots of kisses ! (L) We talk on webcam all the time but its not the same as seeing her sweet little face! :luv:

untitled.jpg

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.