194 posts in this topic

hi my story is so long and i dont really know how to speak english well but im trying i still do understand english here is my case

i am k1 visa and got married in us and now after living with him in 2 years without any green card yet and he wants to file a divorce i stay at my friends house rightnow for how many months i have done interview for green card when i am not with him anymore now i lied at the interview that we still together and i have denied because my husband already called there that we not together and that i leave him and just using him so i got notice to replied uscis for explanation in 30 days. now before that all happens this is what explain why idid leave him. he is my very first boyfriend and now my husband i ask him to stay with me in my hometown but he doesnt like my place and he is saying that he has work in usa and his family too, he ask me to go with him in us and got married there and have family that i will have a good life he was telling me that and you know people from the very first day in us he change so much i mean his very scary for me we been stay in basement and i dont have enough food to eat and cant go out it was lock when he will go to work and home in 9pm the basement with no windows only walls dark and lots of trash he bring his friend to see me and say hello and his friend telling him to move in the apartment before got married so in half of may before the week of may 28 we moved so i was very happy. idid understand him but when we married ithought he will change and treat me as his wife but he is so scary when he always get angry with me and telling how much money he lost for me and telling me that i shouldnt trust any people nor let them visit me or friends and if i go out he will not open the door and not let me in also his telling what time i go sleep and if he bought a food thats it 1small bag of rice and 1 pack of fish for two weeks budget because its so expensive he says and also what time i need to eat he is telling me also that i need to forget my family back home and he wants to cut off the internet because we dont have any phone or celphone i tell you he is so scary for me but i feel so sad that i eat alone in 2 years with him and no friends can visit no one to talk with in personal. but i have known some people same hometown of me in internet and not little bit far to where i live and that even my husband not letting them to visit me i always ask my husband permission and also my friends that they want me to go just near for eating place and my husband will says ok for me sure but you know when i got home he will get angry and yells at me and swear and almost hit me but he hit some things because i cried so much. and he will say how many times he told me that i would never go out to any people. that is my story not all of it i write but some of it. hope you people understand why i decided to stay with my friend now with her family because all i ask to my husband is i wanted to study and i wanted to work and have some respect from him everytime he gets angry telling me how much he used money just to bring me here in us i feel bad because i came here because iwanted to be with him and that even my family dont want me to leave i still make a way to be with my husband and now let say i am so scared of my husband and he ask me to get back to him when i say no he says if you dont i will do anything so that you will be deported i will make u suffer till you beg for me what should i do am i really a bad wife for my husband? he was telling to uscis that i was just using him to get green card. what should i do i am happy to meet some nice people who treating me nice i dont want to go back because i wanted to start a new life here in US please sorry for long story but someone would understand me thank you just want to share it godbless people

i forgot to tell that i am now 3 years here in us without anything but passport only. all my papers from my hometown that i bring till got here my husband keep it all and he just give me a copy of marriage license because he was telling that we are married already so no more problems of any paper work. we still not divorce now in 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am truly sorry for everything you have gone through.

You have a hugs issue though as you admitted you lied to the USCIS and said you were together with your husband when you weren't. Not being honest with immigration is one of the worst things you can do, and they caught you in a lie.

Either find a really good attorney that may or may not be able to help you with your problems of the lie, your status and situation as a whole, or go back to your home country where you have supporting friends and family.

I wish you well, whatever path you choose :star:

thanks yeah i just got notice this year 2013 march that my husband called them from 2012 till 2013 to make sure that i will be deported or to know if i am deported already. so since i just got the letter march 2013 i cant get any lawyer because i just baby sit to the baby of my friend here while she let me stay:) so i dont have work and nothing i was just trying if maybe the immigration will let me have a free lawyer and i tell them the truth why i have lied in the interview i was just so scared and alone going there i ask my husband to go with me so i could tell the truth about our marriage in front of him and interviewer you know but he dont want to go with me. so i dont know how to start or where to start to tell about my situation so i lied that we still been together that our marriage is ok. ididnt know that my husband been calling them and telling them that i was just using him for green card here in us and i dont want to accept it i been so kind to him and never ask him anything all i did is stay with him. i dont even have a name with him in any paper work he has like properties or what so ever he has we dont have any joint or anything my name change because of the marriage license only and working in green card but thats it:)he even always force me to have sex with him even i was so sick and cant even move. and you know he will tell it to his friends that i was not having sex with him. and now he was telling that i was using him it really hurts me. i been so stress and dont know what to do but i always prayed and make my self to be strong he always think that i always so weak that i will just cry and do what ever he wants me to do when i was with him but not rightnow i have meet some wonderful people very friendly and i want to clear my name before he can look any girls again back in my country:)

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

you screwed up when you lied in your interview.Did you get already NTA (notice to appear) in Court? if yes run to find a lawyer because you have to go to Court to see an Immigration Judge, but in your case you don't have any petition allowing to stay in the Usa anymore then the Immigration Judge won't be able to review your case,he will set up your removal date.

It seems you were abused by your husband not just mentally, but psychically as well(forcing you to have sex with him).I recommend you find a pro bono lawyer specialized in Vawa cases, and maybe the lawyer will be able to file I-360 for you based in domestic violence.You will need to have proof that you suffered mental abuse and/or that you were psychically battered or assaulted.If the lawyer submit your I-360 in 20/35 days you will receive a prima facie and then when you receive the notice to appear in court YOU MUST GO TO THE COURT and then you can ask the Judge to postpone your removal since you have a pending Vawa case.You need to have copy of your husband birth certificate or of his passport.The lawyer will give you a list of documents you must submit with your Vawa case.

you screwed up when you lied in your interview.Did you get already NTA (notice to appear) in Court? if yes run to find a lawyer because you have to go to Court to see an Immigration Judge, but in your case you don't have any petition allowing to stay in the Usa anymore then the Immigration Judge won't be able to review your case,he will set up your removal date.

It seems you were abused by your husband not just mentally, but psychically as well(forcing you to have sex with him).I recommend you find a pro bono lawyer specialized in Vawa cases, and maybe the lawyer will be able to file I-360 for you based in domestic violence.You will need to have proof that you suffered mental abuse and/or that you were psychically battered or assaulted.If the lawyer submit your I-360 in 20/35 days you will receive a prima facie and then when you receive the notice to appear in court YOU MUST GO TO THE COURT and then you can ask the Judge to postpone your removal since you have a pending Vawa case.You need to have copy of your husband birth certificate or of his passport.The lawyer will give you a list of documents you must submit with your Vawa case.

nope i didnt get a notice yet about going to court the letter i got says that in addition you are inadmissible as an alien who is likely to become a public charge pusuant to INA because the affidavit of support that was files on your behalf was withdrawn. in accordance with title8 code of federal regulations, you are hereby given 30 days or 33 days if receiving this notice by mail from the date of this notice to offer written evidence in rebuttal. an extension of time to respond to this notice cannot be granted. any explanation,rebuttal or evidence presented by you will be include in the proceeding. if no explanation, rebuttal or evidence is recieve within the time given a decicion will be made base on the record thats what the part of the letter i got

Edited by hart143

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

file VAWA now, that will protect your status for at least 18 months.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

file VAWA now, that will protect your status for at least 18 months.

im 21 years old and ill be 22 in june this year what evidence that i need to prof that is my husband forcing me to have sex and some things when i was with him i leave him from may 2012 and he ask me to go back to his apartment because he wanted to help me with my paper work so i go back there but while im sitting next to him he started to touch me and kiss me and force me to laydown in his bed two times then i refuse and say no and he says you are just acting nice to me because you want your paper work or your green card and he says dont worry i wont let them deported you i will do anything to help you because i love you that what he says but i say him back that i am not forcing him to go with me in the interview for green card that time and i am not forcing him to help me have a green card if he dont want too but one thing is i am not using you for anything i told him that then i leave because he hold me to have kiss again and says you dont wanna have sex with me so it happens with so many months now because its 2013 now what should i do what prof do i need to show?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Find a pro bono lawyer .There is a huge chance you won't have your Vawa approve tho, because you don't have proof of bonafide marriage, you said you don't have a single bill in name of both; not showing commingling finances and commune residence it doesn't look good at all. If "IF" the psychologist states that she believe you were mentally abused and you keep doing some therapy her psychological evaluation will be enough to prove mental abuse, but as i said you still have to proof bonafide marriage. Find a lawyer asap.Some shelters for victims of domestic violence can provide you a list of pro bono lawyers and check in the Department of State web site as well.

Timeline

read, for the next 24 hours - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398760-vawa-part3/

There's some gems in there, you should study, please. I think you have a solid case, but you'll need to spend a lot of time documenting what's what, on paper, to submit.

What you've written here, so far, is a good start - I suggest you get some help with the writing parts, though - perhaps a friend nearby?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

read, for the next 24 hours - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398760-vawa-part3/

There's some gems in there, you should study, please. I think you have a solid case, but you'll need to spend a lot of time documenting what's what, on paper, to submit.

What you've written here, so far, is a good start - I suggest you get some help with the writing parts, though - perhaps a friend nearby?

thank you very much i replied already to the uscis i type it in computer then print it out and sign it and put a date and i details everything that is happen i just mail them from april 4 2013 and now waiting for their replied because some of my friends here advice me to do it my self at first i did called a lawyer at a very first day i got the letter from uscis then i did give him all info he needs and ask me to do and that i need to write a letter and pass it to him so he could review it and everything but nothings happen i never heard from him since march 2013 so i did replied just this april to uscis my explanation about what happen to my marriage and that why i have lied to them on the interview i explain it to them too and in last part i ask if they could help me to have a free lawyer because i dont have a job and just staying at my friends family. and i dont really wanna go back home to my country because i have met some wonderful people here whos trying to help me with my need of shelter and food and wanted to help me have a driver license and can study and have work but the problem is my husband been calling in us that i should be deported that i was just using him and all that. so even though i did replied already to uscis i just want to make sure what i really need to do because all i wanted here in is to have a good life to start

thank you very much i replied already to the uscis i type it in computer then print it out and sign it and put a date and i details everything that is happen i just mail them from april 4 2013 and now waiting for their replied because some of my friends here advice me to do it my self at first i did called a lawyer at a very first day i got the letter from uscis then i did give him all info he needs and ask me to do and that i need to write a letter and pass it to him so he could review it and everything but nothings happen i never heard from him since march 2013 so i did replied just this april to uscis my explanation about what happen to my marriage and that why i have lied to them on the interview i explain it to them too and in last part i ask if they could help me to have a free lawyer because i dont have a job and just staying at my friends family. and i dont really wanna go back home to my country because i have met some wonderful people here whos trying to help me with my need of shelter and food and wanted to help me have a driver license and can study and have work but the problem is my husband been calling in us that i should be deported that i was just using him and all that. so even though i did replied already to uscis i just want to make sure what i really need to do because all i wanted here in is to have a good life to start

i was still waiting from the uscis replied the one i mailed to them the explanation by my self i dont know when i will get it or they did not take seriously or i dont know what should i do do i still need to wait to their replied from my mail to them?

Replying with your story will just uphold the denial, as it doesn't address the issues they've denied you under, its just your hardship story which they cannot act on with a marriage based AOS. First is no evidence of a valid marriage to adjust from, as that is what your AOS is based on. Second is becoming a public charge, there is no affidavit support because your husband withdrew his. Filing for VAWA, can help you overcome these two issues. Add in the lying about being with your husband during the interview, and you're going to need a lawyer.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

ya, sorry, file for VAWA this week. Sugggest thursday.

Why Thursday? That gives you time to study more.

You need to study more.

Replying with your story will just uphold the denial, as it doesn't address the issues they've denied you under, its just your hardship story which they cannot act on with a marriage based AOS. First is no evidence of a valid marriage to adjust from, as that is what your AOS is based on. Second is becoming a public charge, there is no affidavit support because your husband withdrew his. Filing for VAWA, can help you overcome these two issues. Add in the lying about being with your husband during the interview, and you're going to need a lawyer.

what do you mean about no evidence of a valid marriage to adjust? so when i ask to the uscis about helping me about my situation and to have a free lawyer wont work i cant get a lawyer by my self specially i dont have work or enough to pay for having a lawyer what should i do? do i still need to wait for the reply from uscis or should i ask a help about how to work about having a vawa document.

ya, sorry, file for VAWA this week. Sugggest thursday.

Why Thursday? That gives you time to study more.

You need to study more.

ok thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.